General Anime Love

Started by KinFreon, May 11, 2004, 03:21:31 PM

KinFreon

In the tradition of YourMyHiro and OtakuBooty-liciousness...

How about talking about the kind of otaku you LOVE? ^_^ Go on, now...spread The Love! ^.^

KimaLucifer

-Those otakus like me.

Which means they are cosplay otakus that look really nice, and they draw.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

ip136

I would have to say the ones that are nice, sweet.. and deffinitely funny about their anime and their passion. Hardcore Otakus seem to be too involved.. and to me, seem to forget that there IS a real world out there.

I don't mind if they can, or can't draw.. I don't even mind if they don't do anything artistically to voice their Anime passion. ^^  As long as they're open to other people, and stoofa..
Clicky my Art Pwease?

recomet15

Cute ones. ...^^;;;

Actually, I try to befriend all otakus, from the snooty "ascended otaku" who would like us to think that they spend all their free time drawing, posting their work on their website, and prefer to watch all anime before judging (except for stuff like DBZ, YuGiOh, etc., since that stuff's just for kids); to the hardcore crazy "elitist otaku" who do nothing but watch Evangelion, still holding on to the idea that it's the greatest anime ever made and will talk you to death by repeating for you every. SINGLE. THING. they know about the show. ...boy, do they scare me sometimes...

BUT that's not the point! The point is, every otaku, nerd, geek, or casual anime watcher has something unique about them, and each one brings their own special flavor to the table. In this world *cough*highschool*cough* where a nerd is still an outcast, it's best to appreciate the company you can get (except for the hardcore angry fat men, cuz they'll just bring you down with them... ah hell with it, c'mere an' give me a hug, buddy!). Besides, if I only hung out with cute otaku chicks, then I definitely wouldn't even bother talking to Impy... heh.

So where would I be on that list of otakudom? Pfft, I'm just a crazy idiot who likes to draw, thinks Berserk and Rurouni Kenshin are the best, and is a diehard fan of Gundam... and is wishing for a 7 foot sword and 1/1 scale Sazabi to call his own.

In the end, remember that these are solely my opinions (opinions!) and I mean no offense to anyone with them, nor am I referring to anyone in particular with my previous statements. I have no intention to insult someone, start an argument, bring out absolute chaos and the end of the world, blah blah blah, and I've written way too much and I'm gonna go now.
For the love of... I forgot to put the "d" in "redcomet15"... - redcomet15

digitalimp

Quoteto the hardcore crazy "elitist otaku" who do nothing but watch Evangelion, still holding on to the idea that it's the greatest anime ever made and will talk you to death by repeating for you every. SINGLE. THING. they know about the show. ...boy, do they scare me sometimes...
hehe, you were pretty close to crossing the line there when we first met man.

I wish I could find me a nice otakette who could kick my ass in fighting games with skill and not luck through button mashing.
Shake it like a polaroid picture.

recomet15

Quote from: "digitalimp"
Quoteto the hardcore crazy "elitist otaku" who do nothing but watch Evangelion, still holding on to the idea that it's the greatest anime ever made and will talk you to death by repeating for you every. SINGLE. THING. they know about the show. ...boy, do they scare me sometimes...
hehe, you were pretty close to crossing the line there when we first met man.

I wish I could find me a nice otakette who could kick my ass in fighting games with skill and not luck through button mashing.

What? Que?! Nani?! ...really? Dude, you shoulda told me! I would've smacked some sense into myself! But no, I mean more along the lines of Grant or Peter... was I really that bad?

And it shouldn't be too hard to find a girl like that, seeing as how you suck when it comes to fighting games!... no, not really. You beat my butt most of the time... unless it's Melty Blood!

MeliCat

I like like otakus for the most part. I'll be armed with 2 fans this year and I'm not afraid to swat the annoying ones who think they are "Elitist", I can't stand those type of fankids. I'm mildly irritated by the ones who:
A) Run up and glomp me with a squeaky mallot when I have no idea who they are.
B) Think the "Chair" is the funniest thing in the world and shriek it at the top of thier lungs while waiting for Der-Cosplay.
C) Large, sweaty Otaku who run up behind me, snatch me over thier shoulder, take off to the other side of the convention center and then plop me down and hand me a plushie and leave me to wonder where the hell I am. (This one being the lease irritating because I got a SailorMoon Plushie out of it ^_^)

.+:*MeliCat*:+.

recomet15

Quote from: "MeliCat"
C) Large, sweaty Otaku who run up behind me, snatch me over thier shoulder, take off to the other side of the convention center and then plop me down and hand me a plushie and leave me to wonder where the hell I am. (This one being the lease irritating because I got a SailorMoon Plushie out of it ^_^)

.+:*MeliCat*:+.

Woah... that actually happened to you? Freaky! ...And what's the "Chair"?

DayDreamerNessa

oh wow someone doesn't know what 'chair' thing is O_o i'v heard it, seen it explained too many times im just surprised that someone wouldn't know.

I love fighting games, i don't know if im any good, cause i hardly play with others, but ah im the gamer who just loves to play lol most of the otaku's i am friends/aquaintances with are generally open-minded, nice, and pervs XD but there cool to me
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

recomet15

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"oh wow someone doesn't know what 'chair' thing is O_o i'v heard it, seen it explained too many times im just surprised that someone wouldn't know.

Right! I don't know! So what is it?

DayDreamerNessa

well if my memory serves me correct, the story goes that during a masquerade at a convention*forget which con* there was a break inbetween performances, and the last people who did there skit left a chair on stage. The wait grew longer, and the crowd was getting impatient. Someone began to chaint 'chair' and soon the whole audience all joined in. and now at other cons people chaint chair too when they wait. Well at least thats what i can remember from other explanations.

recomet15

Not surprising that I never heard about the chair; I normally don't talk with people who got to anime conventions regularly. Thanks for filling me in.

... heheh. The whole chair thing sounds pretty funny...

KinFreon

Thing is, though..."Chair!" has annoyed other conventions so much that they have beefed up their stagehand work to where chairs would be cleared by stage crews immediately after a group finishes performing.

Sakura Con even instituted the "Stage Ninja" program in an effort to combat "Chair Chanting", while also having sweet-arse ninjas in black ninja suits working on their stage staff! Cos Ninja's Are Totally Sweet! ^_^v

recomet15

You've gotta be kidding me?! The whole chair thing has really become that big of a problem? So what would happen to someone if they started chanting chair during the cosplay contest at, oh, say, Fanime? ...Not like I would do something like that or anything!!

Seriously, I wouldn't; I was just kidding. So you can stop staring at me like that! ...although it would be cool to see a sweet cos ninja...

DayDreamerNessa

personally i don't think it's funny ^^; yeah maybe the first and second time it happened it was prolly funny, but eh it's annoying.

Although last year at fanime when everyone was trying to get on the camera was funny too, before der cosplay started that was entertaining to watch lol