I love this...

Started by Monkey D. Luffy_2004, May 11, 2004, 04:33:35 PM

KinFreon

Being a "nerd" or a "geek" is cool. Being a "dork" still sucks.

recomet15

Quote from: "digitalimp"
Quote from: "recomet15"At least I've got Impy, who I can look at and think to myself, "Geez, thank God I'm not as nerdy as that guy!". ...I'm just kiddin', Impy; don't get your undies in a twist!

*tear* Your a bigger nerd than I you jsut hide it better. Who's the one that screams out attack commands when playing yugioh? I'll settle this matter with you in our fight topic.

But screaming out attack commands is the best way to play Yu-Gi-Oh; otherwise, it's just boring! Besides, I haven't played that game in over a year now. And in any case, at least I don't-- right, whatever; I'll just deal with you later.

And yes, I'd much rather be a geek then a dork.
For the love of... I forgot to put the "d" in "redcomet15"... - redcomet15

ced1106

Quote from: "swordofthebezerk"This may be true but I mean how many of us are actually going to become billionaires by the time we are in our fourties? Ummm not many.

The average American makes 38K per year. As a "nerd", my first job was 50K.

I don't have any problems being a nerd.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

ced1106

Quote from: "Monkey D. Luffy_2004"Me and a group of my freinds came over for a week.Well the topic of anime popped up and just talked away.Well one of my freinds can be a real pain in the A$$ sometimes and he said "Why do you watch that bull crud,Its so boring and you know all those japaneze people are just nerds and        s".

Closest I've been asked is, "Why do you watch anime?" To which I reply, "Because there's nothing better on teevee." Which is true, so shuts them up.

Anyway, my closest friend rags on anime, so I change the subject and talk about how many times his truck (with rollover bars) can roll over down the side of a hill.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

neko ewen

Quote from: "ced1106"Closest I've been asked is, "Why do you watch anime?" To which I reply, "Because there's nothing better on teevee." Which is true, so shuts them up.
Heh. Too true, and not in the way they'd probably think you meant it. :P

It never ceases to amaze me how people with really terrible but mainstream hobbies try to find excuses to bash more fringe hobbies. I prefer to spend a Friday night gaming or watching anime or something, where "normal" people would go out and drink and smoke and maybe pretend to dance.

Professional sports are probably the funniest, just because guys who've never even heart of things like Tolkeer or Evangelion or, you know, Calculus, practically have a pHD in sports statistics and can rattle off the most obscure facts and figured about their favorite sports with ease. Add to that the massive use of steroids and the fact that players really do try to hurt each other... yeah.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

drallcome

Quote from: "neko ewen"It never ceases to amaze me how people with really terrible but mainstream hobbies try to find excuses to bash more fringe hobbies. I prefer to spend a Friday night gaming or watching anime or something, where "normal" people would go out and drink and smoke and maybe pretend to dance.

Well at least with anime we are not hurting our bodies unlike drinking and smokeing. And heck, only time I pretend to dance is every year at the fanime dance/rave. Yea, I agree with ya. I prefer to spend my weekend playing some pc games with my friends and watching anime. Heck today spend most of my sunday re-playing Final Fantasy VII. Its like watching and playing an anime at the same time. =^-^=

<--- Hay cool. Im a Board Otaku now. :P
Fanime Member since 1999