Magi 2013

Started by Nikkiolie, November 06, 2012, 02:57:13 PM

Nikkiolie

I have not seen a topic yet.

Who else is cosplaying from Magi? I am going as Judal and a friend is going as Hakuryuu
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

xSvenja

I'm going to cosplay from Magi as well! :D
I'm cosplaying as Ja'far with a Judal and Sinbad in a group. :)

sael

I'm thinking about cosplaying Aladdin, and I have a bunch of friends planning for Magi - there should be quite a few Magi cosplayers. :)

Touya no Miko

Depending if I get it done in time, I might be Yamuraiha.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Nikkiolie

I got my Judal done! I would love to have a gathering if others are interested.
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

nateb39007

I might get my Aladdin cosplay done by then. Put me in for the gathering if there is one :)
Possible Fanime 2014 cosplays:
Onoda Sakamichi (Yowapedal)
Kuroko Tetsuya (KnB)
Akihito Kanbara (KnK)
Ken Amada (P3)
Makoto Naegi (DR)
N (Pokemon B&W)
Armin Arlert (AoT)

Naiagu

I'm still waiting on my supplies to come in but I'm hoping to have Morgiana done for Fanime. :3
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Yukari Kaiba

I'll have Alibaba done before Fanime, I'd love to hang out with other Magi cosplayers if there's a gathering!

Quote from: chaosbark on November 14, 2012, 04:51:19 PM
I'm thinking about cosplaying Aladdin, and I have a bunch of friends planning for Magi - there should be quite a few Magi cosplayers. :)

yayyyyy my Aladdin :D <3
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Ska_Kitti

:< Why is there no gathering for this wonderful series??!11 I'll be going as Kougyoku Ren proooobably with a group of a Hakuryuu and Hakuei. Would LOVE to see a gathering though....
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

MaigoLily

I'm also planning to go to Fanime 2013 in Magi cosplay! I am planning Ren Koumei, Ren Kougyoku, and Alibaba Saruja. I only have 78 days left, so who knows if I will finish...considering I have 3 whole costumes, I'm assisting another costume, and styling 6 wigs. I don't know if I will have time... I was wondering if you were thinking about having a small gathering on a Saturday because that is the most convenient day for me and my friend going as Morgiana, probably for most of us I'm assuming.

Any one else going as Kou Empire?

Nikkiolie

I would love for there to be a gathering. Any idea on days/times?
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

r3za1264

i'm going as masrur~! it'd be sweet to meet you all :)

MaigoLily

I am going to focus on finishing Kougyoku, then I might do Kashiwagi (AKB0048) and if I have time, I will do Laem Arc Alibaba.

This is my second Fanime, my first time cosplaying, basically, I'm a newbie! I'd like to help, but I'd probably be quite useless. I'm kinda new to cosplaying.

So! Is there anyone who would like to tackle the task of organizing this gathering? Anyone who is experienced and can understand all the requirements? Preferably been to a gathering before and knows good photo spots.

Please not Friday, I won't be there due to my sister's HS graduation. I'm going for Saturday or Sunday as long as it does not clash with the flashmob.

Sutafuzz

Hey there! YEY MAGIS!

I will be cosplaying as Aladdin! I'm not sure which version. I have both the normal first outfit and the Magnostadt Academy outfit.

Also, I have a friend who is cosplaying as Alibaba but can only come to Fanime on the 26th and 27th, Sunday and Monday.

Can't wait to see all y'alls beautiful cosplays!
Fanime 2013
Magnostadt! Aladdin - (Magi)
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!)
Fuuka (Persona 3)

Sutafuzz Photography

Naiagu

Just curious, has anyone seen an official gathering thread for Magi? Or are we kind of going to just meet up on a day and hope for the best at a random spot? This happened to LOK last year and it did not go well. I wouldn't mind making an official gathering thing myself but I have no idea how to even begin.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:

MaigoLily

Since no one is stepping up to take the position, I will take on this responsibility because I would really like to see this gathering happen as well as create an event where fellow Magi fans and cosplayers can gather and have fun. And take pictures!

As a warning, I will be high school sophomore when school starts again and this is my second year at Fanime and first time going more than a day. I am not an experienced cosplayer! So even though I am inexperienced, I hope you will accept me!

If there is someone more experienced who would like to take over me, please do! Yukari Kaiba, I know you have set up a gathering before, if you are still doing Magi and would like to take over or help me please do! Otherwise, I will be moving the discussion about the gathering to another thread. I do not know how well this will turn out, but here goes nothing!

I will be cosplaying Magi all weekend. Ren Kougyoku, Muron Alexius, and Alibaba Saruja (subject to change). Going with my Morgiana! However, I am not able to go on Friday. I will be at the convention from around 7-8 AM to 5-6 PM (everyday? TBD). You can contact me through email or deviantart (MaigoLily-Cosplay). Preferably through this forum or email.

I need 2 assistants to help me. If I cannot find assistants, an official gathering will not happen! Naiagu, Nikkiolie, anyone? Would you like to help me? I would also like to ask for assistance from experienced Fanime go-ers where we can meet and what time is best. Please note that the convention layout has changed a bit. Please do your best to help me as much as possible.

I need to know what day, time, and location this gathering will be. Also what we are going to do at the gathering! Please give input ASAP! When we are confirmed a date, if you are not able to go, we can possibly hold a small gathering on another day to include and meet you! If someone could take over for me if there is a small gathering on Friday, please do.

So please do give input so I can get started on figuring out what to do!

Do I sound pushy...? Sorry...I tend to sound like this online, but I'm a really dorky, shy person in real life!

Naiagu

MaigoLily, I wouldn't mind assisting! I am a pretty shy introvert but once I get into business mode that's a different story. :3 I will be attending Fanime Thursday - Monday. This is my 5th year or 6th...(I think) Attending Fanime. I will only be cosplaying Magi one of the days but I am trying to work with my other cosplays matching gathering days (none are set up right now). I am going to be a Morgiana and bringing my Alibaba (if I get his outfit done in time ><!) I am 23 full time employee but really that doesn't make me any less of a kid inside.

I can start looking into what has changed location wise for gatherings. I did see a post about that earlier this week.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:

MaigoLily

Quote from: Naiagu on March 22, 2013, 10:47:05 AM
MaigoLily, I wouldn't mind assisting! I am a pretty shy introvert but once I get into business mode that's a different story. :3 I will be attending Fanime Thursday - Monday. This is my 5th year or 6th...(I think) Attending Fanime. I will only be cosplaying Magi one of the days but I am trying to work with my other cosplays matching gathering days (none are set up right now). I am going to be a Morgiana and bringing my Alibaba (if I get his outfit done in time ><!) I am 23 full time employee but really that doesn't make me any less of a kid inside.

I can start looking into what has changed location wise for gatherings. I did see a post about that earlier this week.

Thanks Naiagu! I'm much less experienced so I am very happy for you to help! Both of us are shy introverts but when it is related to cosplay and anime, I talk, a lot! We'll arrange a date and then we can set up our cosplay lineup!

In my opinion, you'll have enough time to finish, I have 3 cosplays, 0 done! I'm working...most of my work is done the week before Fanime. Hope I finish.

Once again, I am still looking for 1 more assistant! We should get our plans done early so we can arrange and change plans if we have other appointments! And there are more available spaces.

JazzJuicebox

Ooh Magi gathering~ I just found out about this anime/manga (have yet to watch nor have I read it yet) but I really want to cosplay Aladdin. I have most of his materials already.

Also MaigoLily, put me down as a maybe for an assistant. I need to know what day this will be on. I'm going to Fanime Thursday-Monday as well and I have a cosplay already planned on Saturday. So please keep me up-to-date with this! I would like to help as best I can, if I can ^^;; haha

<3
Thursday: Short Round
Friday: Hani/Honey - OHSHC (Maybe)
Saturday: Four-Eyes - RE:ORC
Sunday: Aladdin - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Monday: Undecided

hychelseap

I think I might be going as Morgiana dressed in a Judal costume. If I did, would I still be allowed in this Magi group? :P