What is the starting price for pre-registration?

Started by VicAnh98, November 29, 2012, 07:21:13 PM

VicAnh98

I heard from my friend that ticket will start selling around January 2013, and she said the starting price is $20, is this true?

VicAnh98

Quote from: VicAnh98 on November 29, 2012, 07:21:13 PM
I heard from my friend that ticket will start selling around January 2013, and she said the starting price is $20, is this true? And also, can I pick up badge for people in my group without them coming?

kookiekween99

It's definitely not $20. Last year it started at $50 I believe. As for when Registration becomes available, there is no set date yet, but January does seem likely at this point.

For questions on group registration, you can read through the FAQ: http://2012.fanime.com/registration/faq/ (Scroll down to the Group Registration section!)

(I'm not staff, just an experienced con-goer.)
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

dajoo

Technically speaking pre-reg starts the last day of the year previous so 2013 reg started end of May 2012. I believe at the time it was $35 for the whole weekend. For those looking for the prices it is typically from when reg opens till noon on Monday of the convention.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: dajoo on November 29, 2012, 11:41:37 PM
Technically speaking pre-reg starts the last day of the year previous so 2013 reg started end of May 2012. I believe at the time it was $35 for the whole weekend. For those looking for the prices it is typically from when reg opens till noon on Monday of the convention.

True, but there is the whole online pre-reg window before the convention too, which as kookiekween stated is about $50.  It probably won't be up until January or February though, if ewu's comments on another registration thread are any indication.

For those solely interested in badge prices for registering at-con, they usually look like this (please note these are approximate prices, based on numbers from previous years and are not the stated FanimeCon prices for 2013):
Full weekend - $60-65
Friday - $40
Saturday - $50
Sunday - $40
Monday - $35

Bottom line though, is the badges likely won't be coming up soon, and they're all more expensive than $20.

Lucifargundam

Just wait till fiscal cliff comes... hold on to your wallets!!!

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

VicAnh98

Quote from: kookiekween99 on November 29, 2012, 08:45:14 PM
It's definitely not $20. Last year it started at $50 I believe. As for when Registration becomes available, there is no set date yet, but January does seem likely at this point.

For questions on group registration, you can read through the FAQ: http://2012.fanime.com/registration/faq/ (Scroll down to the Group Registration section!)

Last year I bought mine for $40, so I know the starting price can't be $50

kookiekween99

Quote from: VicAnh98 on December 06, 2012, 08:27:10 PM

You most likely bought it at the con before. I was referring to online pre-registration.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: kookiekween99 on December 06, 2012, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: VicAnh98 on December 06, 2012, 08:27:10 PM

You most likely bought it at the con before. I was referring to online pre-registration.
Last year pre-reg online was late so the starting price was higher, $50 seems about right from what I remember... I'm sure if I dug through old emails I could find the receipt for it but that's not really worth the effort.

I don't even think the day passes are $20 so whoever told someone it was that cheap just wishes that it actually was.
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

Rodney_Pheonix

I beleive it was 45 at con.

If we had pre-reg up it would be around there till january then for up to 50.
then a price hike in february or march would bring it up to 55.

And nearer the con it would be 60 and 65 dollars till online reg matched at con price.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

eveeleon

I still have my receipt and my pre-reg ticket for the whole weekend cost $45..... but I bought it within the first week of online pre-reg..........

Sen

Just so you know, the starting price for pre-reg this year is $50. The full pricing scheme will go up tomorrow!
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07