Mahjong ver. 2013?

Started by Akita, December 02, 2012, 11:45:41 AM

Akita

I am pretty sure this is still too early to discuss timing for such gaming night, but 2012 had consistent interested in people playing.  I wonder if we could do a gathering and do some kind of free play night.  Or...even in the realm of possibility do a tournament...  Style would be somewhat of a round robin/swiss-esque style 東風 (tonpu) to find the top four, and go into a 半荘 (hanchan)...

But first, I am trying to find interest, and equipment to run at least a gathering...

List of equipement:
Tiles>
- Akita (sorry, they are Saki Mahjong tiles....)

Ska_Kitti

Hihi,
Currently we do not have a full mahjong set nor anyone to run an event, but if you know some people who want to come by and do something, please let us know at [email protected]
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Akita

^ to be frank, I think it just might be if anyone is interested, they will just be there to play some games

HatsuneMarku

Riichi Mahjong? I'm traveling from out of state with a few people, with a few other people that can play(3 of us can play well, while the others are still in the learning phase)

amused_

My two friends and I are well versed in riichi and have been searching for people to play with on a regular basis.  We actually host a meetup group for the East Bay.  Anyway, if I can convince them to come to the convention maybe we can do a small competition.  We have 3 or 4 sets to play with.

Amanojaku

I have a Mahjong set, but I don't really know how to play.   I only played once!  I would be interested if someone wanted to host a learning session / tutorial / how-to.

FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

documon

Amused's buddy here.

I emailed a few of my contacts this morning and a couple already said they'd be interested as long as they don't have to pay the con registration fee  :-\

Akita

^ lol

Regardless, yes, it probably be riichi mahjong.  I understand the basics, but not the point calculation and just tidbits of furiten.

azne0

Hello, documon's contact here.

Anyhow, while I don't have full fledged riichi sets, I do have several chinese mahjong sets that can be used to play riichi and will also provide 3 or 4 mahjong tables.

amused_

This is looking good.  Anyone interested in riichi should definitely come, especially newbies.  We have experience teaching the game in meetups, so this is a great opportunity for everyone.