Fanime 2013 Roommate thread

Started by ewu, November 28, 2012, 09:22:30 AM

ewu

Welcome to 2013 version for this thread. More descriptive and more professional looking post. Do you need roommates? Or do you need a room? This is the place to post up your wanted ads.

Hotels:
+ Hilton (adjacent to convention, has mini fridges)
+ Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at)
+ Hyatt (a block away, close to Civic Center)
+ Sainte Claire (across from Marriott)
+ Fairmont (across the street from Saint Claire, near restaurants like Johnny Rockets and others)
+ Ramada (free parking and breakfast, but have to walk a bit)
+ Holiday Inn (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking)
+ Radisson (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking)
+ Double Tree (site of Clockwork Alchemy, 4 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs)

What you need to know:
+ Please be respectful to your roommates along with everyone else on the same floor.
+ Please do not try to crowd beyond the maximum occupancy of the hotel since it is a fire hazard.
[If you have any other suggestion, please voice it out.]

Roommates Wanted: (only main leader can post it)
+ Introduction: Introduce yourself. Do you have Facebook or Myspace? Feel free to post it up.
+ Hotel Information: where are you staying at and how long you're staying in.
+ Costs: how much for each person, how to pay, etc...
+ Requirements: what are you looking for, your set rules, etc...
+ Contact: how to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: anything else you like to add.

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Once transactions are done, please post in bold and underline words that it is fulfilled. As stated above, don't forget to keep all your PMs and emails of your exchanges.

Thank you.

(adapted from 2011 page)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

LadyGlitterbow

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hey, I'm a 26 year old lady, been to three other Fanimes and multiple other conventions throughout the Bay Area. I really like cosplaying, and the whole convention atmosphere. I love meeting new people, and am friendly and responsible!
+ Hotel Information: I really want to get a room at Hilton or Marriott, and most likely won't be there Thursday night, but I don't mind paying for the extra night if that is required.
+ Requirements: I would prefer being in a girl only room, but it doesn't matter to me too much. I do not want to be the only girl in a room though, that is too uncomfortable for me!
+ Contact: Email is [email protected]
+ Miscellaneous: I don't care about sleeping arrangements, don't mind sleeping on the floor either. I would just like a place that is reasonably priced. Cheaper the better!

Kpmonkeygirl

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Roommates Wanted: Hello!!

+ Introduction:
Hello!!! Pleased to meet you, my name is Caitlin. :P I am 21, and this is the 2nd time me going to the con. :)
Please view this site for more info

+ Hotel Information: Fairmont. I have two rooms, one for guys, one for girls.

+ Costs: 80$ You will pay CASH on the first day. If ya need it to be a check, mail it to me. pm meh for meh address. If the check does not get in, ya dont get in.

+ Requirements: Guys or girls. I have separate rooms.

+ Contact: And you can text me. Pm me for my number. Or email, but I dont check my email often.

My email is: [email protected]

+ Miscellaneous: None, just view the link, message me for my number. Yatta yatta. Part of my policy is that if I cant room you, I will help you find a room. :) I TAKE LAST MINUTE ENTRIES. :)

OKAY, MY ROOM IS FULL, BUT IF YOU NEED A ROOM, I WILL HELP YOU FIND ONE!

For those who are looking for room mates, please contact me. I might have people who cant room with me, but who need a room. :) (One case was I had someone who could not handle be with lots of people, so I found a room where he could just be with his friends,)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

jacky10777

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hi my name is Jacqueline Mac and my friends and I are looking for a room  and there will be five girls counting me and we are really familiar with this area (since we live around here) so we can show you guys all the best places to eat at. This will be our 4-3 time going to fanime. We are also all 18 and will be having our graduation ceremony on thursday so there may be a chance that some will not be able to meet the host or stay at the hotel that day or come just come pretty late. Our graduation take place really close by to the convention center so we might be able to make it to pick up our badges and meet the host too hopefully.
+ Hotel Information: Maybe thurs - mon or fri - mon preferebly at the fairmont, marriott, or hilton
+ Requirements: We would prefer an all girls room around our age would also be a plus and we are willing to pay up to 100 in cash but it would be nice if it is cheaper.
+ Contact: Contact me at [email protected] or message me on my tumblr jaemacjj.tumblr.com I do have a facebook but I don't like to use it alot.
+ Miscellaneous: We are pretty chill people and we will respect your things and privacy. We will also be cosplaying but dw we wont make a big mess or anything well atleast on our side of the room. we can clean up after ourselves and thats about it if there is anymore question please feel free to contact me. :D

somegirlkatie

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hi, my name is Kaitlyn and my friend's name is Aaron. I'm 20, and he's 25. Our wonderful roommate that we've had for the past couple years can't make it this year so here we are! I'm looking for a room that will hold both of us. We're pretty shy, and quiet, though we can get a bit hyper sometimes. This will be my 3rd time at Fanime, and his 2nd. We're pretty laid back, and will bring stuff to entertain the room with. (Xbox and maybe Wii).
+ Hotel Information: Somewhere really close to convention center. Thurs-Monday would be prefered.
+ Requirements: I would prefer a bed if possible! I don't sleep well on the floor. Cheaper the better, but would prefer not to have to cram into a room with a bazillion other people. Also would need a room-key, at least one prefer two. We're cosplayers so never know when we need to get into the room to change/fix something.
+ Contact: You can reach me at - [email protected] or my inbox on the forums or facebook.
My facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SomeGirlKatie
Aaron's facebook: http://www.facebook.com/aaron.talbert.9
+ Miscellaneous: We won't make a mess and act like animals at the wee morning hours. And no con-'stank' will be coming from us, lolol. Any questions or concerns let me know! Thank you~

pepsie

Need a room:

+ Introduction:
YOU TOO CAN ADOPT A PEPS TODAY
I'm 19 and I attend SJSU for Animation/illust so I'm familiar with the area this will be my 3rd year going. I am cosplay and I plan on just bringing one if not two different costumes, Giratina and possibly Midna (if not my Shadow gijinka). I have plenty of games to bring such as my Xbox and wii (Maybe a wiiu if your interested) If you're also an artist I'd love to bring some art supplies and share. I plan on going alone if I can't find a group to cosplay with so I'd also love to hang out during the con and tag along is that's okay.

+ Hotel Information: Some where close to the con if possible I'm not a stickler on how many people in the room so if we need tons to be able to afford a more expensive hotel I don't mind at all u A u. I'll be happy to bring a sleeping bag~

+ Requirements: Again, I'm not picky at all, I barely sleep haha, I stay up pretty late drawing so don't worry I'm not loud. But If anything I'd prefer a room with other cosplayers (but if you're not I don't mind either). I also don't mind co ed living either u v u

+ Contact: you can find me at my tumblr: Pepsie.tumblr.com
if you wanna check out my art feel free to visit: pepsart.tumblr.com
and feel free to add me on skype if you'd like to get to know me!" peppepsie

+ Miscellaneous: I'm house broken I swear. u A u
pepsie@tumblr | pepsart@tumblr

Lucifargundam

Roommates wanted:::

+ About Me:
-I'll be there Thurs-Mon
-I'm a 22 Male
-I will be going to gatherings, tournaments, panels and events
+ Hotel:
-Marriot(connected to the con- of coarse)
+ Rate:
-$100 +/-(welcome to talk about it)
+ Requirements:
-no staying out til 3am :/ 2:59 is ok.
-No overly-loud alarm clocks(i'm not a morning person) -___-
-there's only 1 bed, I'm on it- maybe i'll let you on as well.
+ Contact:
-You can reach me on here and ask me for my any of my SNs including Skype
+ Misc:
-I'm providing spare rations(food, water, soda, cups, etc.) free of charge
-You're welcome to tag along with me during the con or whatever

Can't think of anymore details atm. I'd preferred some communication before the week of the con. Seeya at the con!  8)

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

mysticpotato

Hi everyone, my roommate and I are 22 year old females, looking to hopefully room with other females. We want to get one of the airport hotels because they are cheaper, and we are looking to spend less than 100 dollars. We are cosplayers, and can even lend you cosplays if you would enjoy cosplaying. I am flying in from Seattle WA, and she is driving into San Jose from Sacramento. Currently, we are staying with four other guys in another hotel, but they arent relying on us at all. Because of this, we would rather room with two other girls at a hotel. So, if the responses are good,

Hotel: Radisson by the Airport
Days: Fri-Mon
Age Range: 20-26

However, if a group is interested in us, we are welcome to join that group.

wrathborne

Looking for a roommate or two to bunk with myself and a friend of mine at the con this year.

We have a double room at the Sainte Claire, The price is somewhat negotiable($100 is the absolute minimum) I wont be using the bed and neither will my friend(we sleep on the floor).

You have to be 25 years old to bunk with us(I'm 32,my friend is 30, someone closer to our age group is preferred). Doesn't matter if you're a guy or girl, 25 is the minimum age.

The rules are:
- No smoking
- Drinking
- drugs
-drama, or "You know what". We wont be doing any of that either, just having fun at the con. If you want to stay out late that's fine, just be as quiet as you can when you return to the room.

I've bunked at the Sainte Claire, Marriott, and Fairmont and have to say the Sainte Claire is the best of the three. Yes, the Sainte Claire is across the street from the Marriott and isn't quite connected to the con...But a little extra walk isn't a bad thing.

Check out day is as easy and simple(The Marriott is a nightmare, trust me), the Sainte Claire has the better amenities(video cable on TV automatically available, free wi-fi, good sized bathtub and restroom) and overall its a very pleasant and calm hotel to bunk in.

If you're interested give me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

USSRdog

Life story: I honestly didn't think the hotel blocks would be sold out as quickly as they would. By the time I checked for hotels, only a couple of left that were not around the area. So I went off to hopefully find a close hotel, I was able to book a room at the Hilton San Jose, connected to the convention. I was able to get a discount by using my AAA membership; it's not the same as Fanime but still a discount. The only upside is that I will not be required to pay the $100 per night deposit at check in. If I can find the number of people I'm looking for it would be $103 per person for the entire stay which is the entire con including Day 0. I live in Los Angeles and have not decided if I will drive or fly to San Jose.

+Hilton San Jose, connected to the convention
+$103 +/- could change with number of people
+Either gender is fine but must be 18+
+Drinking will probably happen, welcome to join but not pressured to, regular drinks will be available
+High chance of sleeping on the floor

Info about me: I'm female 24 years old, I'll be 25 by the time Fanime. I can give you my FB if interested. If I decide to drive to San Jose I will probably be in the area around 3pm-4pm. Flying will be TBD, I have friends in NorCal and not sure when they will decide to meet up. The one thing that I find works the best when checking out is this : Waking up somewhat early to get dress and pack up, you can either check your bags in at the desk or where you plan to, head back up to sleep off until check out time or you may leave early. The closer it gets to check out time, more people will be checking out with bags and it means long waits. We can simply walk down the stairs to the lobby without having to worry about the bags. I'm not a "hardcore" cosplayer so I don't have many cosplays plan and they are mostly street clothes, so please pack accordingly.
It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life hums a long like a song. But the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when everything goes dead wrong.

gore-font

NEED A ROOM

+ Introduction: MY name is Thomas, I'm a pretty friendly guy. I have three other people with me looking for a room who are all willing to pay to stay, we are in dire need of a room!
+ Hotel Information: willing to stay in ANY hotel provided we can meet you there or it has a shuttle, ect. to the con
+ Costs: Four people at fourty each, aka $160.
+ Requirements: any friendly place to stay! We are able to go day 0 if convenient. We need all four days of the con
+ Contact:  You may contact me via Facebook through my personal page http://www.facebook.com/Gore.Font or e-mail me @[email protected] both with the subject of "RE:Fanime  Room"

princesskitty18

need a room!!!

hi. my name's jackie and you can PM me for any questions or information or watnot
i'm looking for a room for me (22yo) and my boyfriend (23yo) (my 8th year, his..4th year i think)
looking to stay for friday night and saturday night for sure (a possibility of sunday night but not sure yet)
we're lookin to stay relatively close, definitely within walking distance if possible
if it would be possible to get a bed that would be awesome as well (we both have slight back problems so floor causes us more pain)
we're both really quiet (hes a gamer, and i'm a dancer lol), we're both really chill and i promise that we'll keep to ourselves

so yea..just hit me up if it sounds do-able
my email addy is [email protected]  and just put in the subjet 'fanime hotel'
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Tetsuo

Roommates Wanted

+ Introduction: Hi, my name is Koko, I'm 18 and I've been to Fanime for 3 years with my friends at Brotaku (feel free to visit us at http://www.burotaku.com). We hope to advertise our blog in the hopes of getting supporters. As of right now, we're just 3 guys with uncensored opinions on today's Japanese entertainment. We have more "personal" tastes that we think others might enjoy. Our little group of misfits include Boss (prounounced BAUS https://www.facebook.com/MyGloriousDays), our co-founder and public affairs, Takashi (https://www.facebook.com/mirodriguez39), and myself, one of the eariler members and assistant to Brotaku matters (https://www.facebook.com/chidrack). We want this Fanime to be a perfect one (as well as the one where we DON'T miss the opening and closing ceremonies). Our main goals for this Fanime are to try to get as much attention for possible supporters and to meet some new faces.

+ Hotel Information:
Rooms:   1
   Non-Smoking Confirmed
Room Type:   2 DBL BEDS EXECUTIVE FLOOR

+ Costs: The costs will be notified by email to anyone who is interested. Breakfast is free, but lunch and other meals may vary. Total duration of our stay is from Day Zero to the 28th

+ Requirements: Anyone is fine as long as they refrain from touching any merchandise/personal belongings without personal consent

+ Contact: Feel free to contact us through our blog email ([email protected]).

+ Misc.: We hope to enjoy Fanime 2013.

FAQ

- I'm curious to how Brotaku works. Is it okay for me to observe blog activities? Yes and no. Yes being you may observe us work on things like photoshoots, advertisements, etc. But you may not see us work on private matters such as meetings and private shoots.

- I'm under 18, is it still okay for me to go? If you're underage and you wish to room with us you MUST notify your parent/guardian first and provide contact information in order to keep a safe environment. We are not responsible for any and all misinformation and complaints that involve personal matters. For more information, PM Boss on his facebook or email us.

- I have friends who want to room with me as well, are they allowed to come along? Normally, we'd only allow one roommate at a time, as having too many people in one room could prove to be a hassle. However, if they are able to accommodate themselves it's fine.

- Is there a rule on alcoholic beverages? No, there is no rule against drinking as long as you are responsible for those who drink.

- How will bed arrangements work? It will depends on how the other blog members feel about having an outside party share a bed (Remember that it's a 2 bed room). If possible, try to bring a sleeping bag or air bed if the need arises.

- I'm a girl and I'm not comfortable with staying with guys. What should I do? While we do take into account the personal feelings of other guests, it is not of our concern if someone is comfortable with the residents or not. Rest assured, we are all responsible gentlemen and would not do anything that would be considered an invasion of privacy or personal space.

- Will there be in-room gaming or anything? We are still unsure of anything we could bring to the room, but if anyone has ideas on what to bring, notify us by email. We still want to be able to enjoy the con itself rather than stay in the room the whole time.

Further questions and information on the room may be emailed to us (only emails accepted). We look forward to enjoying Fanime 2013 with everyone and hope for the best!

(Check us out at http://www.youtube.com/user/Burotaku and https://twitter.com/Burotaku!)

Sora

Hi, my name is Sora, and I have a room at the marriott for $123.06/person for the entire weekend from Thurs-Tues. Any gender is fine, as long as you're not a smoker, and I need two people. Anyone interested? Contact me by PM or respond to this posting. Thank you.

(STILL CURRENT!!)
"Don't give me any orders."

Bridget_BHOJ

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hello. My name is Ken. I'm Age 31, and I'm on my own of trying to find roomates who are willing to let me book a room with them. I'm also hoping to find friends who I can trust. I plan on cosplaying an Air Gear character, and a Vanguard Character Kamui. I'm a friendly, kind, honest person who is willing to be fair to others. I'm willing to pay $100 or cheaper. I might bring my PS3. hopefully someone is willing to have fun playing soul calibur 5.
+ Hotel Information: I'm willing to sleep in either king or queen sized bed. It doesn't matter. A hotel key just in case I can get myself in.
+ Contact: MSN: [email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/bridget.light.3?ref=tn_tnmn
Or search my facebook by using my Email. [email protected]
+ Miscellaneous: Just in case I hope to hear from you.

Ranchan

Hi! My name is Tera and this year I am looking for roommates in the forum because I'm not 100% sure on some of my friends going. So yes! I need 2 more roommates (preferably female by request of my boyfriend. Or gay guys that's cool too!) I live in SLO county and also have 2 more seats in my car if you would like to carpool as well. I would be more than happy to! If you are interested please message me back ASAP! I would liek to reserve a hotel very soon! This will be my...5th time attending so I'm a natural veteran of the con so to say haha!. Thanks so much for the interest!

Xumot

Need a room

+ Introduction: Name is Xumot (alias) I'm 22 and a male. Shy at first but friendly overall. Straight but I do not mind gay guys as long as they do not hit on me or make me uncomfortable. I am a college student majoring in psychology.
+ Hotel Information: I prefer Fairmont but any hotel that is reasonably close (2 blocks max) will do fine. I am looking to stay from start to finish (May 24th or the 27th).
+ Requirements: No smokers please. And no thieves.  >:(
+ Contact: Just PM me.
+ Miscellaneous: Uh.. that is all.

EJAY420

Canceled my room. Looking for a spot.
Most Impressive.

tuksuna236

Need A Room
Introduction: My name is Parryn and my three maybe four friends need a room since the person who originally agreed to make a room for us bailed. We're all in our early 20's. Here's my facebook https://www.facebook.com/kanako.hime?ref=tn_tnmn

Hotel Info: We would like to stay during the con, a day before or after wouldn't hurt either but mainly just the con days please =)

Requirements: This group contains a mix of boys and girls, so hopefully you're okay

https://www.facebook.com/kanako.hime?ref=tn_tnmn
530-777-8746 - Text only
Mis.: We don't care about sleeping arrangements, We might Drink or Smoke, if you have problems let me know.

Aoiro

Roommates Wanted

Introduction: Hello, hello! My name is Mikaela and I've been attending Fanime for a couple years now. I cosplay and absolutely love meeting new people. I'm part of the staff and I usually oversee a couple hotel rooms for my friends to stay at, but this year we're running a little short on roommates.
Hotel Information: A room with a king bed and a pull-out (click for a picture) at the Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown. It's right across the street from the convention center. Will be checking in on Friday afternoon and checking out Monday morning.
Costs: I need 4 other roommates so the price will be $85 per person for the whole weekend. I need payment prior to the convention.
Requirements: Must be okay with having a father stay in the room. Don't worry, he's not going to be awkward or a downer. He actually loves anime and manga and has probably read/watched more than you. There is no drinking or smoking in this room, but you're free to party in our other one.
Miscellaneous: You get free wi-fi in the room. We plan for most of you to have your own card keys. We're not gender-specific and don't mind what age you are.

AS OF MAY 16TH, I AM STILL LOOKING FOR 1 MORE PERSON
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"