ETA on Panel Registration?

Started by stitchez, January 11, 2013, 05:21:21 PM

stitchez

I'm planning on hopefully taking over some panels from someone who can't be there this coming year so I just wanted to know if there was an estimate on when panel registration will be coming up? I like planning in advance so I'm already gathering who I need and making lists/names/descriptions but it'd be nice to know when I need basically everything done by so I can finish typing things up to place on the registration forms.

Also is there any perks being a panel head? I know a friend once got a free badge for hosting so many panels and I plan on hosting two (if they are accepted).

eralston

Quote from: stitchez on January 11, 2013, 05:21:21 PM
Also is there any perks being a panel head? I know a friend once got a free badge for hosting so many panels and I plan on hosting two (if they are accepted).

I do not know what the policy will be for 2013 but from the 2012 panelists information page

This policy may change for FanimeCon 2013
Discounted Badges for Fan Panelists:
Fan panels are one of the most important parts of our 'by fans for fans' convention. You help us put on a great show every year, and we want to offer something of value in return for your contribution to our show:
1 hour panel = $20 discount on any badge for you and a single assistant.
2 hours of panels = $40 discount on any badge for you and a single assistant.
3 hours of panels* = A full weekend pass to the convention for you and a single assistant.
Please note the following: Discounts are offered only on full-price member badges purchased AT the convention center the weekend of con, and not on pre-registration or early-registration badges purchased online.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Kava

When we have a firm ETA on Panels Registration, we'll announce it via the Panels Twitter account. :) It should be up soon.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels