Japanese History Panel - Any Interest?

Started by HunterZero, January 18, 2013, 03:45:25 PM

HunterZero

Just taking a very rough gauge of interest...

How many people would be interested in going to a panel or two on Japanese history?
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Kpmonkeygirl

Its interesting, but I would be busy. But I still think you should do it. ;)
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Glitch

Sounds pretty cool.
I'm sure you'll talk about how certain parts connect to anime(although I would still go even if it didn't involve that).

HunterZero

I'd probably include references to various Anime, but Japanese history is cool enough on its own.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Rurutie8

I would be interested.  It just cannot be at the same time that I am running my panel.  That should not be too difficult because my panel should be scheduled for early Friday and late Monday.

Glitch

Can't wait for the warring states portion.

Sivartius

I'm not actually crazy, but I'm not conventionally sane.

HunterZero

Well, I did submit, but I still wait for a response. We shall see...
Cthulhu for President!

HunterZero

Oh snap, it's been approved.

Now to lose the next 5 weeks building the presentations. Goodbye gaming time!
Cthulhu for President!

historybuff

To the speaker

Thank you for doing the Japaese history panel. I am sorry I could only go to part 1 due to a scheduling conflict. Gilles Poitras had a "Navigating Tokyo" panel. It was a choice between two good panels. As you pointed out history is an interest of yours, not a profession.  i wish Dr. Benjain Hazard, were still alive. He taught at San Jose State University. He was a wealth of information. Perhaps the current professor, who teaches Japanese history, would be willing to contribute. Or maybe Gilles Poitras. Gilles has done Japanese history panels in the past So maybe you could do a panel with Gilles, who has done a lot of research on Japanese history. i guess his library training has helped. The Japanese history teacher at San Jose State noticed a larage number of students enrolled in his class. Maybe anime was one reason for the enrollmnt.