YES
5 (71.4%)
Maybe
2 (28.6%)
NO
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Kotuea

Thank you everyone for coming to the gathering and those who stayed for the "tea party!" It was really fun to be with you all and I hope I did good job hosting the gathering since it was my first time. I gained a lot of experience from hosting this gathering and I hope to gain more in the future!

I'm also happy to see old and new faces at the gathering and I hope to see you guys again next year!

Gore Screaming Show

I think you did a good job, especially considering the location kerfuffle and whatnot.

Touhou tea parties (has a nice ring to it, props to who came up with that) are more than a once a year occasion, thankfully. Plans for the next one should be finalized by the end of this week in fact.

Iori E

Thanks for a great time! It was nice seeing everyone there.

I know I said I was going to do Utsuho, but due to time constraints I had to switch to another costume.  I was Kyouko Kasodani from Ten Desires, Choujuu Gigaku version (the one with the black leather and thigh-high boots).

I look forward to next year~

Kotuea

Hey guys! The Touhou Project Gathering is returning for 2014!!!

Thank you everyone for coming to the gathering this year! There shall be more Touhou fans!

Gore Screaming Show

Best gathering returns to the best con!

Will be running the after party again for sure, with more pizza, as well as more activities/hanging out with fellow fans afterwards.

Gore Screaming Show

I imagine we will be aiming for the same day and time as last year? Seems to be pretty much ideal. Should be interesting to see what the new cosplay gathering spots will be, the renovation is stunning and should provide for an even better con experience (and considering Fanime is already the cream of the crop well)...

Current plans for the tea party are much the same as last year, though I'll be buying at least one more pizza since we barely had enough for seconds for everyone as it was.

Kotuea

Quote from: Gore Screaming Show on February 01, 2014, 08:27:42 PM
I imagine we will be aiming for the same day and time as last year?
Yes, I am still aiming for the same day and time. I think the location will be different this time though, especially since the new building has finished constructing!

Quote from: Gore Screaming Show on February 01, 2014, 08:27:42 PM
Current plans for the tea party are much the same as last year, though I'll be buying at least one more pizza since we barely had enough for seconds for everyone as it was.
I am not sure if we should have the same plans from last year. That's just me.

I would like more input on this though.

ScarletAssassinXer

Fujiwara no Mokou reporting for duty!
TF2 Player: Red Medic
Unusual Hats Owned:
Terror-Watt Geisha Boy
Stormy Storm Blighted Beak
Poisoned Shadows Carouser's Capotain

Kotuea

Okay everyone! The gathering time/location submission is on March 3rd (3/03) for us! Is everyone okay with having it on Saturday at 3 Pm like last year? Unless another gathering takes it.

I am considering a new gathering location. I'm not sure whether to do so or not. Was everyone happy with the location from last year? The construction is complete now, so there it is easier to access last year's location.

PLEASE MORE INPUT

Gore Screaming Show

The same time and day works well.

What are the other possible locations? Last year's seemed to offer enough space, and as pointed out it's a lot more visable now as well (and people know where it is now, so no one should get lost this time). Might be worth it to stand pat.

Also, I'm definitely open to other possible post gathering plans. Is there anything that might have been able to be handled better last year/anything that might have caused an issue? This would serve as a good starting point to what/if much needs to be changed/handled differently. I'd like to do a bit more as a community than merely meet up for a single meal, for starters.

Kotuea

I just submitted the time slots and location! I am aiming for Saturday at 3:00 pm. I have also requested other days and other times if that slot is taken.

This year, I hope to get the gathering located in front of the convention center entrance.

Regarding the after gathering tea party, there were no problems. I just felt like we could do something different than last year.
We could also get more recruits for the facebook group "California Touhou Fans" of course.

Gore Screaming Show

Probably worth it to hit them up/the email group/as many interested parties via social media and whatnot. As I'm not a very internet involved individual in general the most I'll be offering is a sounding board on this forum (and of course lots of logistics/etc support at the actual gathering).

Kotuea

We got the time slot! The Touhou Gathering with officially be on Saturday at 3:00 PM in front of the convention center!

Silent One

Meh... Going as Marisa Kirisame this time about. May or may not go military-esque. (Will definitely carry my Master Spark with me though!)

ScarletAssassinXer

Actually I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cancel :c didn't know this was the same time as the SMT/Persona gathering, so sorry!
TF2 Player: Red Medic
Unusual Hats Owned:
Terror-Watt Geisha Boy
Stormy Storm Blighted Beak
Poisoned Shadows Carouser's Capotain

Kotuea

Quote from: ScarletAssassinXer on March 24, 2014, 10:58:53 PM
Actually I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cancel :c didn't know this was the same time as the SMT/Persona gathering, so sorry!

Actually, it's an hour before the Touhou gathering. XD
But since it's right before it, I'll remove your name.

Gore Screaming Show

Hmm, we could always go for a group meal instead of pizza for a change.

Curious to see what sort of Touhou cosplay will done this year.

Kotuea

It would interesting to see the newer Touhou characters from Double Dealing Character appearing at the gathering!

Regarding the post gathering party thing, there other options besides pizza. I know that there's a number of restaurants behind the Fairmont.

Gore Screaming Show

I'm rather fond of Omogari (Korean restaurant), but it's in Japantown (which is a short light rail trip away, but that might be too much for some). I've heard good things about Tandoori Oven? That's right next to Johnny Rocket's and whatnot.