FanimeCon 2013 Attendee Registration FAQ *updated 5/1*

Started by M, January 23, 2013, 03:12:24 PM

SOawesomeness

Quote from: kamikyo on January 23, 2013, 04:49:04 PM
The FAQ says that children under 10 are free but they need to register at the Con. But I am bringing my daughters as part of a larger group that is pre-registering. Does that mean we have to stand in 2 different lines to get our badges - one for pre-registration to pick up our group badges, and one for the At-Con registration to get my daughters in?

Kinda wondering what the benefit of pre-registration is for us at this point.
No, so what you would do is when you check in, tell the registration staff that you have X amount of kids that are 10 and under, and they'll just register them on the spot using your information, and print the badge right there.

Quote from: lloydxninja on January 23, 2013, 06:23:49 PM
I'm kind of confused on the group registration.
Does the leader have to be a certain age in order to do a group registration and I was wondering if I'm able to pay by debit card?
You can pay by debit card through paypal (you do not need to make an account). We don't have an age limit, but know that you have to have AT LEAST school ID + e-postcard (available later on) OR valid govt. photo ID to pick up the group's badges.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Aiyumi

How long is Pre-Reg open until the price goes up?

azreale

Quote from: Aiyumi on January 23, 2013, 10:44:58 PM
some one said it would start at 50 earlier
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

kamikyo

Quote from: SOawesomeness on January 23, 2013, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: kamikyo on January 23, 2013, 04:49:04 PM
The FAQ says that children under 10 are free but they need to register at the Con. But I am bringing my daughters as part of a larger group that is pre-registering. Does that mean we have to stand in 2 different lines to get our badges - one for pre-registration to pick up our group badges, and one for the At-Con registration to get my daughters in?

Kinda wondering what the benefit of pre-registration is for us at this point.
No, so what you would do is when you check in, tell the registration staff that you have X amount of kids that are 10 and under, and they'll just register them on the spot using your information, and print the badge right there.

Thanks Ellie! That really helps a lot, looking forward to registering later today!

Aiyumi

Quote from: azreale on January 23, 2013, 11:23:26 PM
Quote from: Aiyumi on January 23, 2013, 10:44:58 PM
some one said it would start at 50 earlier
No, my question was how long pre reg is open with that price before the price increases

ewu

Quote from: Aiyumi on January 24, 2013, 08:56:11 AM
No, my question was how long pre reg is open with that price before the price increases

That date has not been set yet. We had previous price breaks set, but are looking at extending them more. Long and short, can't really tell you yet.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mrs_Uesugi

So my understanding is that this is the registration period for regular con attendees, correct? I'm wondering when registration for people who want to work the artist ally or dealers hall will be up and what the prices for that will be, and most importantly will there be hotels reserved for dealers? I'm going in a group and the leader of my group has to work when todays reg goes up so she is very concerned about getting a room attached to the convention center so we don't have to haull what we want to sell across town.

ewu

Quote from: Mrs_Uesugi on January 24, 2013, 11:02:17 AM
So my understanding is that this is the registration period for regular con attendees, correct? I'm wondering when registration for people who want to work the artist ally or dealers hall will be up and what the prices for that will be, and most importantly will there be hotels reserved for dealers? I'm going in a group and the leader of my group has to work when todays reg goes up so she is very concerned about getting a room attached to the convention center so we don't have to haull what we want to sell across town.

Registration for artist alley is the same as for attendees. Likewise for hotel registration for alley sellers.

Vendors in the dealers hall is totally separate registration. For more information, please contact the dealers liaison. However, vendors in the dealers hall do not need to be particularly concerned about hotel registration.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mrs_Uesugi

Quote from: ewu on January 24, 2013, 11:14:28 AM

Registration for artist alley is the same as for attendees. Likewise for hotel registration for alley sellers.

Vendors in the dealers hall is totally separate registration. For more information, please contact the dealers liaison. However, vendors in the dealers hall do not need to be particularly concerned about hotel registration.
So my friend and I are wanting to sell in the artist alley, that means that we need to jump on our hotel registration today, and also get regular attendee badges? I thought in the past artist alley sellers were separate from regular attendees?

octoberesque

Bit of a silly question, thanks for your patience in advance:

I'll be purchasing for a group and one of my mates didn't give me the money in time. Can I add someone to a group later, or does the full group have to be registered all at once?

Thanks for your help!

phr34kish

Quote from: Mrs_Uesugi on January 24, 2013, 11:30:44 AM

So my friend and I are wanting to sell in the artist alley, that means that we need to jump on our hotel registration today, and also get regular attendee badges? I thought in the past artist alley sellers were separate from regular attendees?

Yes, in the past it has always been separate. This is the first time any of the staff at AA have mentioned that artists will be able to purchase their registration at the same time as their tables. But there's no guarantee that you'll get the discounted rate they're advertising today if it takes longer for AA to go up - and there's no additional discount on your registration FROM buying an AA table. You still pay the whole price for both.

Naiagu

Quote from: octoberesque on January 24, 2013, 11:34:50 AM
Bit of a silly question, thanks for your patience in advance:

I'll be purchasing for a group and one of my mates didn't give me the money in time. Can I add someone to a group later, or does the full group have to be registered all at once?

Thanks for your help!

I do groups every year, you can register people into your group whenever doesn't have to be all today. If they don't register for pre-reg with the rest of the group though you will have to go to the early reg line to pick theirs up. At least that's how it's been in the past for me.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Sen

Quote from: Mrs_Uesugi on January 24, 2013, 11:30:44 AM

Yes you should jump on your hotel registration today as hotel rooms are limited in number. Attendee badges are not.

What you said about Artist Alley is partially correct. You have to have a paid attendee badge in order to purchase an Artist Alley table. Said another way, you can register for an Artist Alley table without an attendee badge, but that does not mean you have the table until you are approved and paid for. Once you are approved for a table, you must have a paid attendee badge before you can pay for the Artist Alley table.

Today we are opening up attendee registration (NOT Artist Alley registration). So it is up to you whether you want to pay for a possibly cheaper rate on attendee registration versus later on when it could be $5 to $10 more.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

LeanaMee101

So wouldn't it be safer to have purchased that membership badge in order to get the artist alley table? As you never know who can swipe in and snatch a table and pay faster then you while you're off paying for normal membership.

Unless you are doing an option that allows the member to purchase BOTH at the same time, but by the sound of it, it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Black_Convoy

I don't suppose we have the direct link to hotel reg that's going to be active in a few minutes?

YaoiCat

When will the pre-reg price be raised from $50?

ewu

look up:)

Quote from: ewu on January 24, 2013, 09:48:54 AM

That date has not been set yet. We had previous price breaks set, but are looking at extending them more. Long and short, can't really tell you yet.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

raltga

Quote from: ewu on January 24, 2013, 12:53:28 PM
look up:)

Quote from: ewu on January 24, 2013, 09:48:54 AM

Can we be reasonably assured it won't go up before Feb 1?

portato

If I'm bringing a child, and I'm not the leader of the group I'm pre-registering with (so I'm not the one picking up the badges), how do I get my child registered? It says that you can register them on the spot at the pre-reg line, but the leader isn't the child's guardian.

Would I have to line up in the At-Con line just to register the child? Also, I am 17. Can I register my 10 year old sister and be the guardian that watches her, or do we have to buy a badge for a parent?

der Glitzkrieg

Can we use a legal middle name instead of first name, so long as its on our ID?