FanimeCon 2013 Attendee Registration FAQ *updated 5/1*

Started by M, January 23, 2013, 03:12:24 PM

ewu

Quote from: der Glitzkrieg on January 24, 2013, 09:19:06 PM
Can we use a legal middle name instead of first name, so long as its on our ID?

Your name must be your correct full name. (unless you have a substantially legitimate reason, i.e. documented history of a stalker with appropriate supporting proof). However, it looks like the fan name will be more predominant on the badge than your name, as requested in previous years.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

SquishyK

When I went through pre-reg it gave me options for badge pickup (clockwork alchemy or famine). It said that either could be selected during the pre-reg period. I selected Fanime thinking I could go back and change it if I needed to but after I paid it no longer gave me the option.

Is there a way I can still change it (because that would be really useful)? What is the difference between the two pick up locations? Does Clockwork Alchemy offer Thursday pickup for pre-reg?
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

ewu

Please email registrationATfanimeDOTcom and they can help you with this

Quote from: pitin on January 24, 2013, 09:48:29 PM
When I went through pre-reg it gave me options for badge pickup (clockwork alchemy or famine). It said that either could be selected during the pre-reg period. I selected Fanime thinking I could go back and change it if I needed to but after I paid it no longer gave me the option.

Is there a way I can still change it (because that would be really useful)? What is the difference between the two pick up locations? Does Clockwork Alchemy offer Thursday pickup for pre-reg?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

YaoiCat

Quote from: ewu on January 24, 2013, 09:48:54 AM
Quote from: Aiyumi on January 24, 2013, 08:56:11 AM
No, my question was how long pre reg is open with that price before the price increases

That date has not been set yet. We had previous price breaks set, but are looking at extending them more. Long and short, can't really tell you yet.

Will we at least get a few days notice before the price goes up?  I'm a group leader and I want to make sure all my group members are paid up before the price change, so they don't yell at me for having to pay more lol :)

SOawesomeness

Quote from: YaoiCat on January 25, 2013, 11:26:50 AM
Will we at least get a few days notice before the price goes up?  I'm a group leader and I want to make sure all my group members are paid up before the price change, so they don't yell at me for having to pay more lol :)
Yes, we'll announce the next price tier before we actually change it. I can't say when, though.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

phr34kish

So, I actually had a question about those of us who purchased our registration for this year the last day of Fanime 2012. I've never actually done that before, so I wanted to know, when do we usually get access to our information? (Badge number, etc.?) I'm going to guess it's a safe bet that if I made an account to register right now, my information wouldn't be there.

Do we get an email notifying us when everything is ready? Or is there some other way we usually get notified?

ewu

If you paid for FanimeCon 2013 on the last day of FanimeCon 2012, you won't be able to access your account just yet. We have not yet loaded that information into the database. We will e-mail you and announce it on the main website for when we do so.

Quote from: phr34kish on January 25, 2013, 02:42:03 PM
So, I actually had a question about those of us who purchased our registration for this year the last day of Fanime 2012. I've never actually done that before, so I wanted to know, when do we usually get access to our information? (Badge number, etc.?) I'm going to guess it's a safe bet that if I made an account to register right now, my information wouldn't be there.

Do we get an email notifying us when everything is ready? Or is there some other way we usually get notified?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

God91125

So my registration predicament hmm. So I'm going to be picking up my Pre Reg Badge on Thursday however this year I have the pleasure of bringing my seven year old cousin for a day or two. Obviously he's 7, so woo free badge for him. So on Thursday what I'm concerned about is that he'll still be in school or possibly won't be able to make it on Thursday so he could get his badge with me. Would it be possible to get a childrens badge for him even if he's not there. I know that already sounds wrong. -_-

Following question then pertains to if I can't. In which obviously it would be a pain to go through the registration line just to get a childrens badge. So where would I go to get a children's badge? preferably to get one asap. providing I brought the child with me any other day besides Thursday. That or as stated on the FAQ I just let any staff member know that I'd like to register a child?

ewu

Quote from: God91125 on January 25, 2013, 03:17:43 PM
Would it be possible to get a childrens badge for him even if he's not there. I know that already sounds wrong. -_-

email registrationATfanimeDOTcom and they may be able to help
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ewu

Hey look! FAQ updated with prices!

If you are too lazy like me to go back to the first page...here they are:  :)

Quote from: MPLe on January 23, 2013, 03:12:24 PMFanimeCon 2013 Prices:
FanimeCon 2013 Pre-Registration
(Full Weekend only)
$50     Launch through February 14, 2013
$55     February 15, 2013 through February 28, 2013
$60     March 1, 2013 through March 31, 2013

FanimeCon 2013 Early Registration
(Full Weekend only)
$65     April 1, 2013 through mid-May 2013 (exact date TBD)

FanimeCon 2013 At-Con Registration
Full Weekend (Friday through Monday): $65
Friday: $35
Saturday: $40
Sunday: $40
Monday: $30
Half-weekend (Sunday and Monday): $55
Children (10 and under): Free with paid membership

Please note that prices and dates are subject to change.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

YaoiCat

Thank you!  This is very helpful :)

Also, I think this has been asked before but I don't think there's been an official answer, if you're doing a group registration, does everyone have to pay at once?  Or can people be added and pay later?

kookiekween99

Quote from: YaoiCat on January 29, 2013, 01:15:37 PM
Thank you!  This is very helpful :)

Also, I think this has been asked before but I don't think there's been an official answer, if you're doing a group registration, does everyone have to pay at once?  Or can people be added and pay later?

In my experience, you can indeed add group members afterward.

Here is a screenshot (with personal info censored):
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

ewu

Good answer. BUT note that the cost of the membership is when the account is paid and not when the information is entered. I can't input the info now and pay in April, expecting that I pay current rates in April.

Also, after early reg closes in some undetermined date in mid-may, all unpaid persons in an account will be deleted, purged, disapparated, or relegated to that deep dark hole where bits and bytes go to die. So, even if you enter your info online, there is no way to retrieve it when you get to con. You must reenter the information.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

raltga

Thanks for the new info! I can buy my registration in Feb. when I'm not broke and still pay the cheaper price. Yay! :D

bart41

Greetings,

I'm doing a group registration, can we add additional members after we pay for the group reg for said price? For example, I have 5 people so far who are have jus paid for the $50 fee. Then I have people who want to join in but the $50 rate has already passed the closing date but are willing to pay the $55.

If this still possible or once group reg has paid, or are we not able add anymore after everyone in the $50 has already paid?

kookiekween99

ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Spark Miko Miko

Argh, I feel like waiting for my email is exasperating me...
any timetable for 2012 last day pre reg date for those account emails?
P.s. I'm not trying to be rude, just I am too worried for some odd reason... probably cause this is important

ewu

Quote from: Spark Miko Miko on February 02, 2013, 08:16:10 PM
P.s. I'm not trying to be rude, just I am too worried for some odd reason... probably cause this is important

In the past its been as late as April, but looks like we will be getting it up a bit earlier. Maybe this month, possibly in March.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

SOawesomeness

If you aren't sure if you actually pre-reged at Fanime 2012 and want to confirm, you can probably e-mail reg with your info and we can see if you're in the database.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Spark Miko Miko

Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 04, 2013, 02:24:10 AM
If you aren't sure if you actually pre-reged at Fanime 2012 and want to confirm, you can probably e-mail reg with your info and we can see if you're in the database.

Thanks! that would make me feel so much better...