FanimeCon 2013 Attendee Registration FAQ *updated 5/1*

Started by M, January 23, 2013, 03:12:24 PM

Kuudere

I have a suggestion that I hope will benefit others as well...

I nearly missed the date for the price increase for badges today (because hey, it's Valentines day after all - it's easy to forget these things). I only by chance stumbled upon the price increase dates in this thread a few days prior to this, and I don't think I would have known had I not paid attention to the forums. I know it's also in the Reg FAQ on the website, but do you think we could have these dates a little more conspicuous? I mean, like reminders being posted on Facebook/Twitter/front page of website the day before the increases happen? The social media outlets could be used a bit more than they currently are. I think people would appreciate these reminders, especially if it means saving a few dollars!  ;)

ewu

reply here.

Quote from: Kuudere on February 14, 2013, 11:58:56 PM
I have a suggestion that I hope will benefit others as well...

I nearly missed the date for the price increase for badges today (because hey, it's Valentines day after all - it's easy to forget these things). I only by chance stumbled upon the price increase dates in this thread a few days prior to this, and I don't think I would have known had I not paid attention to the forums. I know it's also in the Reg FAQ on the website, but do you think we could have these dates a little more conspicuous? I mean, like reminders being posted on Facebook/Twitter/front page of website the day before the increases happen? The social media outlets could be used a bit more than they currently are. I think people would appreciate these reminders, especially if it means saving a few dollars!  ;)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ruby19_4

I need help. I only one registry. Just myself, but somehow I got double myself. How do I delete one out. Please help me. thank you.

ewu

Quote from: ruby19_4 on February 19, 2013, 08:36:47 AM
I need help. I only one registry. Just myself, but somehow I got double myself. How do I delete one out. Please help me. thank you.

Email registrationATfanimeDOTcom and they should be able to work it out.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bubblecafe

So I've read the previous comments to this entry but I'm still unsure about artist alley. Are tables already sold out? In registration there's no option for a table, it's pre-reg only. Also, will the website be updated for clarification anytime soon?

phr34kish

Quote from: bubblecafe on February 21, 2013, 12:54:32 PM
So I've read the previous comments to this entry but I'm still unsure about artist alley. Are tables already sold out? In registration there's no option for a table, it's pre-reg only. Also, will the website be updated for clarification anytime soon?

No, tables aren't sold out. They haven't announced or opened registration yet. As far as an answer as to when, there's nothing been announced there either. Apparently there are quite a few delays this year...

Somethingducky

I have a question, will Clockwork Alchemy have their own pre-reg. early pick-up time on Thursday at the Doubletree? Will they have a separate badge design? Or is Fanime the only one with early pickup, I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of picking up the badge at Fanime vs. Clockwork alchemy.

ewu

Quote from: Somethingducky on February 25, 2013, 02:22:15 PM
I have a question, will Clockwork Alchemy have their own pre-reg. early pick-up time on Thursday at the Doubletree? Will they have a separate badge design? Or is Fanime the only one with early pickup, I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of picking up the badge at Fanime vs. Clockwork alchemy.

I am not 100% sure about the logistics as I do not have my materials in front of me, but even if you cannot change it on the system once you have paid, you can email registrationATfanimeDOTcom and they can change it for you
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Lan Moore

I pre-registered for 2013 during the 2012 Con and was wondering if there is or will be a way to make sure my Nick Name is placed on my badge, they forgot to put it last year so my 2012 badge just has my real name which makes me sad.

ewu

Quote from: Lan Moore on March 07, 2013, 05:48:04 AM
I pre-registered for 2013 during the 2012 Con and was wondering if there is or will be a way to make sure my Nick Name is placed on my badge, they forgot to put it last year so my 2012 badge just has my real name which makes me sad.

Whe you get your email confirming that your account had been uploaded you can confirm online. If it is not there, you can have the reg staff update it for you. Make sure to do that before May comes around tho, we usually lock down the database early May.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AngrySean

Hi. Last year I did a group registration for Fanime for me and my girlfriend. We then registered for 2013 on the last day of Fanime 2012. When I registered for 2013, the guy at the counter said that they would just use the information from 2012 to set up our 2013 registrations. Does that me we will still be registered as a group for 2013 or will our registrations be separate now?

Sorry if this question is confusing, I don't think I worded it very well.

ewu

Quote from: AngrySean on March 08, 2013, 11:22:23 PM
Hi. Last year I did a group registration for Fanime for me and my girlfriend. We then registered for 2013 on the last day of Fanime 2012. When I registered for 2013, the guy at the counter said that they would just use the information from 2012 to set up our 2013 registrations. Does that me we will still be registered as a group for 2013 or will our registrations be separate now?

Unfortunately, it will not. We do not have the ability to import that into this year's database. They are single individual registrations. If you have additional questions, please email registrationATfanimeDOTcom
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AngrySean

Quote from: ewu on March 09, 2013, 09:51:06 AM
Quote from: AngrySean on March 08, 2013, 11:22:23 PM

Unfortunately, it will not. We do not have the ability to import that into this year's database. They are single individual registrations. If you have additional questions, please email registrationATfanimeDOTcom

Thank you for your help. Being separate registrations isn't a problem, I just wanted to know if I needed to pick up her badge for her.

davidnguyen408

If I want to pick up the badge at Clockwork Alchemy will I get the Fanime badge? That's what I want to know. Thank You :)

SOawesomeness

Quote from: davidnguyen408 on March 11, 2013, 08:34:45 AM
If I want to pick up the badge at Clockwork Alchemy will I get the Fanime badge? That's what I want to know. Thank You :)
Do you mean artwork, or access? If you buy any membership, it includes both FanimeCon and Clockwork Alchemy access. As for artwork... we'll see. ;) We're still in the process of finalizing some things.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Lan Moore

O.O So if you Pre-register for Fanime you're also resisted for Clockwork Alchemy?

kookiekween99

Quote from: Lan Moore on March 23, 2013, 05:41:24 AM
O.O So if you Pre-register for Fanime you're also resisted for Clockwork Alchemy?

Yup! Two cons, one badge. :)
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Freud

So the group leader can be a minor and pick up with the badges with a government issued id or student id?

phr34kish

Just a quick THANK YOU for getting the attendee information who registered last day of con last year into the system finally. Thank you thank you thank you!! Everything looks just like it should for me! :)

From the Fanime Facebook page:
QuoteDid you pre-register for FanimeCon 13 at the end of FanimeCon 2012 (during the convention)? If so, You can now log into your registration website (using the "Forgot Password" feature to set your password).

Kite

I registered last year on 2012 for 2013. Has the emails already gone out for signing in to accounts?