FanimeCon 2013 Hotel Room Prices

Started by M, January 23, 2013, 03:18:53 PM

M

This list was requested by numerous members so that they could better plan out where they want to stay. I have listed a summary below*.

Hilton San Jose: $88 to $122
San Jose Marriott Downtown: $79 to $159
Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown: $112 to $112
The Sainte Claire Hotel: $82 to $150
The Fairmont San Jose: $89 to $115
Ramada San Jose: $67 to $72
Holiday Inn San Jose Airport: $79 to $89
Radisson Hotel San Jose: $79 to $79
DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose: $86 to $89

*Doesn't include any taxes or other fees. Deposits range per hotel.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

YaoiCat

Thanks! 

This may be asking too much but ... could we get a break down of prices by room type, specifically for the hotels that are connected to the convention center?  hehe ^^;

Junon

Will Clockwork be at the same hotel it was at last year? Or will it be at the main convention location?

This may determine which hotel I'll reserve a room for.

DangerHeart

Quote from: YaoiCat on January 23, 2013, 04:02:28 PM
Thanks! 

This may be asking too much but ... could we get a break down of prices by room type, specifically for the hotels that are connected to the convention center?  hehe ^^;

I'm not a staffer but I believe usually the cheaper price is for a one bedded room(usually a king or queen size) and the more expensive is for a two bedded(two double or queen beds)? At least in my experience its been this way, beds vary by each hotel I think. Hope this helps.

Halrenna

Is there a possibility of reserving adjoined rooms? I heard they'd have to be king singles or something if so, but I can't recall. Any info on that would be awesome!

EvilBunnyKid

This is going to suck tomorrow with registering...it took almost a minute for just this page to load...hope it all goes well...

cabbage

Is it possible for us to call in to get our rates reduced if we've already booked our room?

spycker

^ i cant believe people already booked their hotel, sucks for you....

ewu

Quote from: cabbage on January 23, 2013, 05:35:17 PM
Is it possible for us to call in to get our rates reduced if we've already booked our room?

the registration through the hotel and the convention rate are different processes and you will not be able to transfer pricing.
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17680.msg447614.html#msg447614
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

TravelingPumpkins

Quote from: spycker on January 23, 2013, 05:41:19 PM
^ i cant believe people already booked their hotel, sucks for you....

Well, you can always try to book a room tomorrow and cancel that one.  Personally, I don't book a room this far in advance unless I know I can cancel it just in case!

jaxur

This will be my first year booking a hotel. Do you have to prepay when you reserve or do they reserve it under a credit card, then you pay when you check in?

kookiekween99

Quote from: jaxur on January 23, 2013, 06:15:43 PM
This will be my first year booking a hotel. Do you have to prepay when you reserve or do they reserve it under a credit card, then you pay when you check in?

Pay at checkin.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

lloydxninja

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a certain age in order to book a room such as 17 or 18+?
Or can a parent just book the room then pay when I arrive at the hotel?

xichisex

So the prices are per night, correct? Ive never rented a hotel room, so sorry if it seems like a stupid question..

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: lloydxninja on January 23, 2013, 07:00:30 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a certain age in order to book a room such as 17 or 18+?
Or can a parent just book the room then pay when I arrive at the hotel?

Usual reservation age is 18. Not sure how reservations work when you're under age. Best bet is to call/ email housing when it launches tomorrow to get a proper answer.

Quote from: xichisex on January 23, 2013, 07:23:49 PM
So the prices are per night, correct? Ive never rented a hotel room, so sorry if it seems like a stupid question..

Yes, priced per night. Don't forget about taxes and fees plus parking, which is not included in the per night price.

maria534

i was wondering, if i book a room and i use my debit card, nothing will be charged until the day i check in, right?

BonjourHoney

Quote from: maria534 on January 23, 2013, 08:12:28 PM
i was wondering, if i book a room and i use my debit card, nothing will be charged until the day i check in, right?

That's correct. Only exception would be if you cancel after the cancellation deadline; then you might be charged a cancellation fee or one night's charges.
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

venus_ivy

Quote from: Junon on January 23, 2013, 04:30:09 PM
Will Clockwork be at the same hotel it was at last year? Or will it be at the main convention location?

This may determine which hotel I'll reserve a room for.

The majority of the Clockwork Alchemy events will be held at the Doubletree (same hotel as last year).
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!

SukebeStudios

Will we get the Fanime discount if we reserve the weekend starting THURSDAY?

ewu

If you book through CMR this afternoon on the Fanime website, it will be at the special convention rate.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom