Handmade Plushies!

Started by YaoiCat, January 23, 2013, 04:22:05 PM

YaoiCat

Hi everyone,

I make plushies!  Here's a Flareon plushie that I made to accompany my Flareon(ish) cosplay from another convention

This Flareon plushie and a few other plushies that I have made are in need of new homes, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in adopting one (for a small fee of course!) and picking them up at Fanime 2013?  They make great cosplay accessories and even better cuddle buddies!

Check out my deviant art gallery http://princesspyro00.deviantart.com/  and if you see a plushie you'd like to adopt, let me know and I'll tell you whether it's available or not :)

Also, feel free to inquire about custom orders or re-makes!

Lucifargundam

can you do a Hellsing plush?

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

YaoiCat

Quote from: Lucifargundam on January 24, 2013, 07:22:45 AM
can you do a Hellsing plush?

I've never watched Hellsing, so you would need to send me a picture of the character you wanted and I could let you know whether I could make it or not ^^

I don't think I'm going to take any commissions for complex human characters because they take so long and I'm holding down a full time job, but I'm open to possibilities :)

Lucifargundam

YaoiCat

I think I can do that!  It would be similar in shape and size to this Grimmjow plushie I made a couple years ago. 

http://princesspyro00.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=168#/d2b7l25

I'll send you a private message with a quote on how much it would cost for something like this :)

royjovero

I would totally buy a Chespin plush if you ever made one.

djmonolith

Your plushies are really good!!!  I would love to see a Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
This is my signature.

YaoiCat

Those are both really good suggestions!  I've definitely been thinking about making a Kyubey plushie :)

I was thinking about just bringing some of my plushies to the con with me and offering to let people buy them if they ask about them, does anyone know if this is against the rules of the convention?  I remember a couple years back, I cosplayed as Umbreon and was carrying around an Umbreon plushie that I had made, and one girl loved it so much that she asked if she could buy it from me when I was done cosplaying with it, lol  :)

Magical Senpai

Was wondering if you had an Espeon and Glaceon plushie up for sale?

YaoiCat

Quote from: Captain Ahoge on January 30, 2013, 10:24:41 AM
Was wondering if you had an Espeon and Glaceon plushie up for sale?

Aw,  I haven't made a Glaceon yet but I totally had an Espeon! Sadly I gave it to another cosplayer recently,  could definitely make one though, if you wanted to commission one and pick up at Fanime.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a private message with how much it would cost :)

royjovero

I'd like to commission you for a Chespin and a Fennekin. Please PM me when you get a chance. Thanks!

Lucifargundam

Do you charge by complexity or size? I forgot 'cuz now I was wondering if you'd make a plush-prop instead >.>

edit:: eg. a sword, dagger, book, blob

YaoiCat

Quote from: Lucifargundam on January 30, 2013, 03:21:54 PM
Do you charge by complexity or size? I forgot 'cuz now I was wondering if you'd make a plush-prop instead >.>

edit:: eg. a sword, dagger, book, blob

Both complexity and size factor into the price, you can always send me a reference picture of what you're looking for and I can let you know how much it would cost to make it :)