New site design

Started by Kuudere, January 24, 2013, 05:13:25 PM

Kuudere

I wanted to give a little praise to the web design team for this year's website! Past years have made me cringe (especially in regards to difficult navigation), but this year, with the navigation at the top, and a wide dropdown list of links, it's not a huge hassle.

There are a few little things to be fixed (on my browser, the header art on pages like this one is covered in an awkward place, and the titles of each of the sections on that Community page should really be links, rather than searching for the link in the paragraph description). But really, overall it's a great improvement in my opinion. Thanks for the hard work, guys!

Sen

Hello! Thanks for the positive feedback. Staff love feedback!!

Which browser are you using? Do you think you can provide a screenshot of your issue with the website?
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Kuudere

Never mind about the header image. I accessed the actual image file, and it appears as it's supposed to. It's just cut off at a really awkward place compared to Candy's larger image on the main page. Only half their hands are showing, so I figured it was an issue with the content overlapping the image.

Compared to

I think I understand why they cut it off at that spot (in order to show more content on the page without scrolling), but I guess it's just...strange looking. But that's just my opinion. Others may disagree.

Looks like the link issue on the Community page is fixed, though! And I like the color scheme much more than last year. And of course, great art as always.

ewu

Quote from: Kuudere on January 24, 2013, 06:47:01 PM
Looks like the link issue on the Community page is fixed, though! And I like the color scheme much more than last year. And of course, great art as always.

They saw your post and immediately fixed it:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

djmonolith

Agreed... the site looks great!  Now to start poking around...
This is my signature.

Lucifargundam

I like the new theme from what I've seen so far :P would you consider it victorian? I'm definitely going to have to go to teh black n white ball this year!!!

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

codemaster

I think the new design looks great :) props on whoever put together the artwork, textures, and stylizing.
I like programming and making stuff.

Nina Star 9

I'm also liking the new design!

However, I'm having issues with it displaying properly.

From the main site
From a subsection of the site

I can still navigate the site through the text links at the bottom, but the banner covering the links + drop-downs at the top has been happening off and on for me. It seems to work fine in Chrome, but IE is giving issues (I was having problems loading the site on Chrome yesterday, so all my Fanime-related tabs are up in IE right now instead). The links seem to be displaying vertically instead of horizontally.

Just letting you guys know about this issue. :) Thanks for all your hard work!!