the real scoop

Started by yojambo, January 24, 2013, 05:20:26 PM

yojambo

I always complain about no information being given about Fanime, but never really asked questions...I (and maybe others) only want to know so we can better prepare ourselves and maybe even help the Fanime staff as well. When everything is so secretive (not saying anyone means for it to be) it makes people feel alienated and with little communication can make traveling, selling, sleeping arrangements and waiting in lines that much more difficult. Granted we have just begun, so heres hoping for a new commutative Fanime! And I will try to talk more as well :)
With that out of the way...
Could I ask, what exactly did cause the delays with the website?
Is it possible to have more detailed updates?
Thank you.

Lucifargundam

I second this(not out of disrespect) because I think I've addressed this before... could be wrong there...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

M

Keep in mind that not one person/department/division is responsible of the website - there is the actual front end of the website (our Webteam department), content (numerous departments + our Content department for text checking), registration website (our Registration department), and our housing website (an external company that works very hard for everyone).*

I don't really want to get too much into the details (as some of it is regarding details of personal lives - not mine) but there were numerous issues with getting the websites together. As stated, some were for personal reasons (FanimeCon is a volunteer job for all of us so most of the staff have full jobs and school hours), some were just us dropping the ball (small and big things), and some were a bit of both. Everything we do is a learning experience and we've already taken measures to prevent what happened this year from happening again.

I don't know if this answer is what you were looking for ("the real scoop"), but everything at FanimeCon is a team effort and we are continually learning as a team to improve every aspect of FanimeCon. We are always looking for new staff members (the staff website will be up later) and we do read all feedback that we get (even the ones from people telling us to "quit doing FanimeCon" ;)).

*Like all speeches where a list of people are mentioned, I've left out a bunch (I'm sure).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Lucifargundam

Thank you for sheding light on your perspective :) I'm sure future members will be able to reflect and understand better what it takes to actually put all this together! :] I can't imagine what Fanime would be like without everyone's hard-put effort!!!

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

yojambo

Thank you for your reply, but I am confused by your last comments.
I never ment to sound like I wanted Fanime to "disband" I love this convention and I hope to see it continue into the future. Just confused by what you ment...anyways, thank you for your response.

M

Quote from: yojambo on January 25, 2013, 05:08:09 PM
Thank you for your reply, but I am confused by your last comments.
I never ment to sound like I wanted Fanime to "disband" I love this convention and I hope to see it continue into the future. Just confused by what you ment...anyways, thank you for your response.
I wasn't implying that you said that (because you didn't!). I was just stating that we read all feedback, regardless of how fair/unfair/good/bad/outrageous they may be. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!