Waitlisting for Hotels

Started by BonjourHoney, January 25, 2013, 10:55:40 AM

BonjourHoney

Hello ! Quick question about hotel waitlisting - I recall from last year that, to request to be added to the waitlist, we just email the Fanime housing email with our request, yes ? Is this still true this year, and if so, should we expect a response of acknowledgement from Fanime housing ?

Thanks much. :)
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

YaoiCat

I'm also wondering about this, as I emailed Fanime Housing to ask some questions (as well as ask to be put on a waitlist) but haven't gotten a response yet.

Lucifargundam

I dont like waiting in lines, so thats why i kept my room...

The Double Tree by the airport is still available apparently... 86 for king and 89 for queen

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Punkbuster

Make sure you have an active hotel reservation when you ask to be put on the waiting list. I found this out when they responded to my email asking to be put on it and I had no idea also. It's info that should be posted on the main Site imo.

BonjourHoney

Quote from: Punkbuster on January 25, 2013, 11:51:31 AM
Make sure you have an active hotel reservation when you ask to be put on the waiting list. I found this out when they responded to my email asking to be put on it and I had no idea also. It's info that should be posted on the main Site imo.

Yes, I only found this out too when they replied to my email. So I suppose that answers my question ! *salutes*
2015 Cosplays:
------

kollunz

Here's a question for previous attendees, how many of you actually got your wait list approved? Just wondering what my chances are.
doot

kookiekween99

Quote from: kollunz on January 26, 2013, 02:20:09 AM
Here's a question for previous attendees, how many of you actually got your wait list approved? Just wondering what my chances are.

Last year, I got two Marriott rooms moved to the Hilton. I got on the waitlist about 3 or 4 hours after hotels opened, and they emailed me that I got my request in April I believe.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

BonjourHoney

April for me, too. I assume that's because the cancellation without penalty date is at the end of April, so all those people who hoarded rooms drop them because they can't go/can't fill them.
2015 Cosplays:
------

mariotheotaku

Quote from: kollunz on January 26, 2013, 02:20:09 AM

I wanted a doubled bedded room at the Fairmont and called Fanime Housing an hour after hotels opened and got my request filled from single to double in April as well.

davidnguyen408

A lot of people that want to get a room want to stay at the Marriott or Hilton because its in the con and they don't have to walk anywhere else.

I'm so sorry if you guys are on waiting list because I got a room at the Fairmont and I live in San Jose. My wife and I want to get a room at Fanime because we want to get the full experience of the Con.

royjovero

Quote from: davidnguyen408 on January 28, 2013, 08:24:01 AM
A lot of people that want to get a room want to stay at the Marriott or Hilton because its in the con and they don't have to walk anywhere else.

I'm so sorry if you guys are on waiting list because I got a room at the Fairmont and I live in San Jose. My wife and I want to get a room at Fanime because we want to get the full experience of the Con.
Excuse me, but what exactly are you trying to say? It's quite obvious people want to stay at the Hilton and Marriott for obvious reasons.

Now, you got a room at the Fairmont. Congrats. I myself got a room at the Sainte Claire, but got waitlisted to add Thursday night to my stay.

Irrelevant post is irrelevant

cosmia

Hey I just got waitlisted for a king room at Hilton (rollaway subject to availability) and a no-rollaway king at the Marriot. What do you think my chances are of getting them?

BonjourHoney

Pretty high. Tons of people flake around April.
2015 Cosplays:
------

Lucifargundam

I got my room changed the next day

Dare9179

How do you waitlist for Hotels? I already book a hotel at the fairmount but I want to either update my room at the fairmount for a suite that they are offering in the Fanime website or stay at the marriot with two beds.

Lucifargundam

Email fanime housing and give them a brief clear paraphrased description of ur situation and desired request. No promises though.

Dany

Would someone confirm the exact Fanime Housing address? Would it be housing @ fanime.com?
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

kookiekween99

Quote from: Dany on February 24, 2013, 01:45:41 PM
Would someone confirm the exact Fanime Housing address? Would it be housing @ fanime.com?

It's FaniHousing @ cmrus . com
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

ewu

It may be better if you called them instead:

FanimeCon Housing 2013 Customer Contact Center:
Monday - Friday, 6am - 6pm (Pacific Time)
(800) 924-4232 (Toll Free U.S. & Canada)
(415) 979-2282 (Outside U.S. & Canada)
[email protected]
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Dany

ewu: That makes sense. When it comes down to it, I do prefer to speak to humans :) Grazie!
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon