Fanimaid Cafe 2013!

Started by Jun-Shena, January 27, 2013, 12:11:35 PM

TiffanyF

The age has changed from then. We have had maids that are over 26. As long as it doesn't affect serving the patrons, I think its fine.

Touya no Miko

Quote from: octorok on February 02, 2013, 02:48:44 PM
Quote from: TiffanyF on January 31, 2013, 11:01:15 PM
Quote from: octorok on January 31, 2013, 09:39:03 PM
Hey guys,

What do the tryouts consist of? Is there any sort of dance or skill we should practice?

Also, where do the dresses come from? :U Do we buy them on our own?

The tryouts consist of us asking questions about yourself. Its easy questions, nothing to be afraid about.

As for the dancing and such, thats not needed for this tryout.

The dresses you have to buy on your own and it has to be approved by Fanimaid Staff after you get into the cafe. All these things will be discussed at the tryout as well~

Oh, and make sure to come in the clothes that you like or think that describes you. Theres no real need for a super proper suit or anything (unless thats your style).

Thank you so much! It sounds really fun. I think I'll likely come to the SJ try out!

Sorry to keep pushing this, cause you did just say it gets discussed at the tryout, but can anyone give me a ballpark number of how much the dress will cost? I think a deciding factor for me might be whether I can even afford a new dress or not :X

Thank you!

It really depends where you get it. I get my maid outfits from Bodyline which is a Japanese company. Their dresses are roughly around $40-$80, but they have limited sizes.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Chihiro

I feel awks doing a combo break on the conversation since I'm about to write up my review :c

Well, as I'm sure everybody has gathered from reading the other girls' experiences, I'd really like to emphasize that being a Fanimaid is like no other! I've waited since the 6th grade to turn 16 to go in for an interview. When I got accepted.. well, here's a screenshot of my reaction. I've been 200% in love with maid culture and it was deff a dream come true.. To a lot of girls (myself included), it gives you the feeling of being a mini idol! There's both actually performing as well as just working hard for your goshujin-sama.
You really DON'T know what to expect when you first start out, but trust me, becoming a meido will be so much more than you can imagine. What you really get is a family of girls who will support each other non-stop. The fuwafuwa frills are just cherries and icing to the cake~ (WHY AM I SO CLICHE)

so sweet we'll give you cavities (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡!!

---
P.S: I also recommend bodyline! Shipping is $10 but it can always be split~ Be wary of eBay uniforms! You might end up getting a satin uniform @_@.. If you have experience, you can give taobao a shot too.
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

Kotuea

Do we have to only BUY the maid outfits?

I'm just wondering because I designed a maid outfit and I really want to sew it.

DangerHeart

Quote from: Kotuea on February 04, 2013, 07:44:59 PM
Do we have to only BUY the maid outfits?

I'm just wondering because I designed a maid outfit and I really want to sew it.

My friend was a maid for two years and if I remember right one of the maids she knew did make her own dress. Sorry if I'm wrong about this! I think as long as the design is approved the same way they approve other dresses before you buy them they'd be okay with it though.

TiffanyF

If the maid outfit is approved by staff, then it can be handmade. I myself have made (or got it made more like... haha) my own maid outfits and it hasn't been bought by anywhere. So if you get in, you can send in the design to get it approved.

Mizuki

Hi girls!

I'm just dropping by and saying hi and hope you all are excited for the first interview! I'm the Second of Maid Cafe this year, and I'm excited to catch up with my old friends from before, and meet our new girls too! I took a one year hiatus from Fanime activity, but I'm excited to be back and hope to have fun again this year like before!

octorok

Hey guys!

Thanks for answering my questions about the dresses and posting all your testimonials. I really want to try out!

Would you guys happen to have a date for the San Jose tryouts? It says tentative, but I thought I'd ask anyway because the San Francisco ones are coming up :X It'd be easier for me to make it to San Jose, but I can make it to San Francisco too.

Hooraaay! Can't wait~

Mizuki

Hey, we don't have an San Jose date yet, it most likely will be the next Fanime meeting staff can get to. So look out for that!

Rinato

Yay! I'm so excited about the Maid Cafe! This year I want to join you because last year I had a lot of fun as a customer, so this year I want to have fun as a maid. I'm looking forward to meet new people and have a good time~! :')

Kamonohashi

I'm going to be working on the Friday that Fanime opens.  I can't get time off.  Does this mean I can't be a maid?

kaemis

I'm very interested in trying out ^^
Do you have an approximate time the mandatory Friday meeting will occur and how long it will last?
There might be a schedule conflict so I'm trying to figure out if I'd be able to attend or not...
Thanks in advance!

SilentHero13

Oh god I feel so like I might be one of the younger ones. I turned 16 a few months ago so finally I can tryout! I've gone to Fanime 2-3 times. Everyone trying out seems to be all experienced. T___T

By the way, I also would like to know when/how long the meeting are on Fridays since I still go to school. >.>''

Thank you!
- Michelle

TiffanyF

Usually these mandatory meetings on the Friday is around 5 or 6-ish. They're not in the afternoon or anything since people are busy and have school or work. I have finals that day too so no worries if you're busy earlier. And if you have reasons like school or work and you really can't make it (but it has to be a good legit reason since this meeting is very important!) then if you tell staff, things can be arranged. The meeting last about... maybe 2 hours. Lots of explaining, calling out names to see who is there, stuff like that.

kaemis

Thanks for the quick response!
Would participating in another event be an acceptable excuse to (depending on the start time of the meeting) leave early/come late?

TiffanyF

I think it would depend on what event but no matter what it is, if theres something conflicting with coming to the mandatory meeting, we would just ask that you give us an email or talk to Jun so it can be worked out. There are girls that come a bit late or leave a little sometimes though.

octorok

edit: Nevermind lol. I asked something but the answer was in the first post.

Fapel

Quote from: Chihiro on February 03, 2013, 11:33:25 PM
LOLOL hi babes don't feel awks<3
p.s. i miss you<3333

I can't wait to meet all the new maids omg

SilentHero13

Hey so if I mentioned at the tryout in SF that I wasn't going to take the California Food Handler test, but now I really want to, should I let someone know? :\ I changed my mind after thinking about it all day and I am willing to take the test/get the card lol.
- Michelle

Mizuki

Quote from: SilentHero13 on February 16, 2013, 11:26:39 PM
Hey so if I mentioned at the tryout in SF that I wasn't going to take the California Food Handler test, but now I really want to, should I let someone know? :\ I changed my mind after thinking about it all day and I am willing to take the test/get the card lol.

Hey, if you're accepted just let us know in an email, we'll probably send out an email for confirmation to anyone who does so. Like we mentioned at the meetings it isn't a determining factor that will make you pass/fail the interview, just a perk.