Fanimaid Cafe 2013!

Started by Jun-Shena, January 27, 2013, 12:11:35 PM

Mizuki

Hey girls that are interested, we're moving our next SF Maid tryout to the 10th, with our only San Jose tryout on the 9th on the Marriott side (It will be during Fanime staff meeting) at 1 pm.

HarukaRin

So the next SF tryout will be on March 10th?

SilentHero13

Thanks for the answer! We're only allowed to go to one tryout, am I right? If you make it onto the cafe, will you receive the email after all the tryouts have happened? Just curious >.<''.
- Michelle

Kotuea

Hi! This was the Youmu cosplayer from the auditions last weekend!

Have the emails about whether or not that you've been accepted or not been sent?
I feel like there was a typo or something with my email.

Mizuki

Quote from: Kotuea on February 19, 2013, 09:06:11 PM
Hi! This was the Youmu cosplayer from the auditions last weekend!

Have the emails about whether or not that you've been accepted or not been sent?
I feel like there was a typo or something with my email.

Hey! there isn't acceptance emails yet, that will happen after all the tryouts have finished.

Quote from: SilentHero13 on February 19, 2013, 09:02:45 PM
Thanks for the answer! We're only allowed to go to one tryout, am I right? If you make it onto the cafe, will you receive the email after all the tryouts have happened? Just curious >.<''.

Yeah. Only one tryout. No email after the tryout.

Quote from: HarukaRin on February 19, 2013, 08:36:31 PM
So the next SF tryout will be on March 10th?

Yep!

TiffanyF

Hope to see more girls come to the future tryouts!

We appreciate that some girls came even though there was an event going on~

The emails and everything will be sent after all the tryouts are finished so while we're going through everyone, please wait patiently~ One of us will post when all the e-mails are sent out.

TsukiYuu

Good luck ~
I definitely want to try out next year! C:
Fanime 2016 cosplay lineup!

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School
~Umaru from Himouto Umaru chan

Hikalynn

Hello!

Just to verify, the SJ Maid tryout will be on March 9th at 1:00pm right? Would you mind clarifying the location more? Should we enter through the convention center or through the Marriott hotel?

Thanks!

Chihiro

Quote from: Hikalynn on February 20, 2013, 10:46:58 PM
Hello!

Just to verify, the SJ Maid tryout will be on March 9th at 1:00pm right? Would you mind clarifying the location more? Should we enter through the convention center or through the Marriott hotel?

Thanks!
Enter from the Marriot. The meeting is on the second floor. There should also be a sign (if I remember from last year..). You'll see a bunch of girls gathered in the lobby-ish zone to the left of the elevators (upstairs)
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

TiffanyF

Its a bit different because last year it was near the Hilton, not the Marriott. However I think its better to enter the Marriott.

Jun-Shena

**EDIT, the dates were changed once again. Please disregard the previous update and refer below for the REAL dates.

Hey girls!

So we are making some changes to the upcoming try-out dates! I hope this won't be too confusing.

San Francisco try-outs: March 10th, and March 16th
San Jose try-outs: March 9th

* For the San Jose try-out, PLEASE arrive on time and meet us in the lobby! We will re-locate as soon as we begin. We will not allot for more than 15 minutes tardiness.

San Francisco try-out locations will remain the same. If you're a maid from 2013, or have already attended a try-out, you do NOT need to attend another try-out.

Dress cute, and good luck, girls!

xoxo
- Jun

kaemis

I would like to attend the San Jose try out, but I don't know if I can get there on time. I will be taking the SAT on March 9th and it will end around 1:00 PM. It would probably take 30 minutes to get to the try-out location. Can I still try-out?

rynsi

So I've been going to Fanime since 2008 and I've always wondered about being a maid, so this year I might pluck up the courage to try out! My only question is: If I go to the March tryouts, will there be ample time to order a uniform online? I don't have any experience with Bodyline and I would hate to get accepted and not get a uniform in time (or, get a uniform but not accepted).

Mizuki

Quote from: kaemis on February 21, 2013, 05:55:46 PM
I would like to attend the San Jose try out, but I don't know if I can get there on time. I will be taking the SAT on March 9th and it will end around 1:00 PM. It would probably take 30 minutes to get to the try-out location. Can I still try-out?

Hey, just try to make it early as you can, someone can go over with you whatever you missed.

Touya no Miko

Quote from: rynsi on February 21, 2013, 08:37:12 PM
So I've been going to Fanime since 2008 and I've always wondered about being a maid, so this year I might pluck up the courage to try out! My only question is: If I go to the March tryouts, will there be ample time to order a uniform online? I don't have any experience with Bodyline and I would hate to get accepted and not get a uniform in time (or, get a uniform but not accepted).

The great thing about Bodyline, if you do order from them they ship their merchandise on Tuesday and it usually arrives the next week. Although it varies, and may take longer.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Kamonohashi

What times/dates is Fanimaid Cafe open?  What times would we be expected to be working?  Are the shifts 4 hours each?

TiffanyF

Quote from: Kamonohashi on February 24, 2013, 12:53:19 AM
What times/dates is Fanimaid Cafe open?  What times would we be expected to be working?  Are the shifts 4 hours each?

Fanimaid Cafe is only open on Saturday and Sunday. I believe (and I hope I have the time right since I always go early/stay late) it opens at 11AM and 6PM. The shifts are about 3-4 hours each but theres a certain time that all the maids will be required to work which is around 12 or 1 since we need girls to work at the cafe while other girls perform at Fanimaid Live.

Touya no Miko

A question about Fanimaid live. For the maids who are doing the dancing, will there be days when we have to meet up to practice for routines?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

TiffanyF

There aren't mandatory dates to do so, usually the group leader of that performance schedules something but thats something more you guys do individually.

rynsi

Quote from: Touya no Miko on February 23, 2013, 10:57:48 AM
The great thing about Bodyline, if you do order from them they ship their merchandise on Tuesday and it usually arrives the next week. Although it varies, and may take longer.

Okay, that's good! Thanks for the feedback :)