Cowboy Bebop Gathering 2013!

Started by azreale, January 30, 2013, 12:38:22 AM

azreale

Howdy Y'all!  Welcome to BIG SHOT!

ANY WAYYYY~~~, I'll be putting together a Cowboy Bebop Gathering this year! And I hope to see Lots and LOTS of cowboys and such there to play with!

Please post your cosplay character when you can!

MP/LP: G4
( Riser Stage (located by back wall in old registration area now called "The Hub" 1st floor))
Day: Friday
Time: 4 PM

Character ~ Cosplayers:
Spike ~ Truman
Julia ~
Faye ~
Julia ~Tabbychan, Nina Star 9 (?)
Ein ~ glorificus's dog (for a visit maybe!)
Edward~ Azreale, glorificus
Jet ~ Nemuren (?)
Vicious ~

Other:::

Photo order:
Group
Main group
Spike
Faye
Ed
Jet
Villians
Minor characters
Other
Requests

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

See You, Space Cowboy.
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Tabbychan

Dude I'll totally join :D It's gonna be a surprise though.. mostly cause I dunno who yet>><<>>

Nemuren

I would love to show up as Jet Black if I can. Not sure how likely that is though.  :-\

djmonolith

I can't miss this gathering.  Bebop = still my favorite series ever.
This is my signature.

Nina Star 9

Depending on when this is, I'll be there as Julia. I'll certainly be at the con as Julia, either way.

I would prefer a Friday afternoon or evening time, or a Saturday morning time. My Sunday is pretty booked up, and I can't do any cosplays after 4PM on Saturday that don't involve grey body paint (and I need an hour and a half or so before that time to get painted and dressed).

Since I'm imagining this as a fairly small gathering, I'm assuming that we can be a bit flexible with times? I have to keep a fairly strict schedule, with all the costumes and events I'm planning on doing, so if the gathering can't be worked during those times...oh well, you'll be without my cosplay, but I'm hoping that this can be held during a time that I can attend. :D

azreale

I hope you all can make it!, I myself have A LOT of cosplays this year and will also have a strict schedule.
This being the case hopefully we can work something out! the more people the better!

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

azreale

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

dankeykang

I plan on coming as Ed too :D Although I'm bummed they don't allow animals as I am adopting a little corgi in April and plan on naming him Ein :3

Nemuren

Quote from: glorificus on February 17, 2013, 11:38:57 AMAlthough I'm bummed they don't allow animals

Would it be okay as long as you kept the dog outside the convention center? (Though I guess doing that depends on how close you live to Fanime.) Of course with all the construction, there won't be much outdoor space this year.  :-\

dankeykang

Quote from: Nemuren on February 17, 2013, 12:18:20 PM
Quote from: glorificus on February 17, 2013, 11:38:57 AMAlthough I'm bummed they don't allow animals

Would it be okay as long as you kept the dog outside the convention center? (Though I guess doing that depends on how close you live to Fanime.)

I live about 5 minutes away so I may just have a family member bring him over just for the meetup and then take him home, if this is outside that is. If not, I could probably sneak him in for a couple minutes >.>

azreale

Quote from: glorificus on February 17, 2013, 12:49:56 PM
Quote from: Nemuren on February 17, 2013, 12:18:20 PM

Would it be okay as long as you kept the dog outside the convention center? (Though I guess doing that depends on how close you live to Fanime.)

I live about 5 minutes away so I may just have a family member bring him over just for the meetup and then take him home, if this is outside that is. If not, I could probably sneak him in for a couple minutes >.>
That sounds Awesome! I'm hoping to have it outside since the industrial look kind of works with Cowboy bebop. Your dog would be more then welcome but a warning: he will be mobbed. Everyone loves an ED with a real Ein! so if it won't be too overwhelming or scary for him I'd love to have him! XD of course unless he's a service dog he won't be allowed IN the center. i'm pretty sure outside is OK though!

Also, updated!

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Nina Star 9

I wore my Julia cosplay for the first time at AOD yesterday, and while a vinyl catsuit isn't the most comfortable thing to wear, it was still fun to wear. :D Sadly, not a lot of people seemed to get it...do people not know Bebop anymore or something? I thought it was kind of a universal constant, but I guess not? I'll be glad to be somewhere where people know what Bebop is. (Though, I could just have really bad luck, since I get plenty of "what's Ghost in the Shell?" reactions when I cosplay Maj. Kusanagi...which is extremely surprising! Not just not recognizing the character, because I tend to do less-common outfits of hers [like her manga outfit, haha~], but actually having no idea what GitS even is. How are these people at an anime con? D:)

My availability has changed, as another gathering I'm attending moved to Sunday afternoon instead of Saturday! I'm hoping to wear a fairly flashy costume Saturday afternoon to really showcase it, but my Saturday late afternoon and evening are now free (now that I don't have to worry about body paint on Saturday, I can change costumes freely that day), so that opens up more gathering time options for me.

Glorificus, if you do bring your dog, just be really careful that he can handle the crowds and that you can handle him in the crowds. A con might not be the most dog-friendly place, even if you stay entirely outside with him and he's only there for a short time. (Also keep in mind that some people, like me, don't actually like dogs and would prefer to not have to deal with them, so just be courteous, please)

Nemuren

Quote from: azreale on February 17, 2013, 04:50:15 PM
Your dog would be more then welcome but a warning: he will be mobbed. 

I was with a Bebop group at Anime Expo '09 and one couple brought their Corgi with them and we must have stood in the lobby for at least 30 minutes straight taking shots. I'm sure it's because the crowd around us was so big that it took so long for security to notice we had a dog with us.

dankeykang

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on February 17, 2013, 05:59:08 PM
A con might not be the most dog-friendly place, even if you stay entirely outside with him and he's only there for a short time. (Also keep in mind that some people, like me, don't actually like dogs and would prefer to not have to deal with them, so just be courteous, please)

Of course!I'm not sure if he will even be okay to go yet. I'll have to see if he has his shots and is socialized enough to handle it by then. If not, he will definitely be there next year.

Tabbychan

I'm super excited!!! I have my Stuff for Julia all planned out ^^ hey Nina Star 9? Do you have any picture of your Julia?:) She was one of my favorite characters so I love seeing how people cosplay her <3

Tabbychan

Quote from: glorificus on February 18, 2013, 09:29:40 AM
e will even be okay to go yet. I'll have to see if he has his shots and is socialized enough to handle it by then. If not, he will definitely be there next year.

omg! I'm hoping ot get a corgi once I move out :D They are so cute! Hopefully he passes everything ^^ 

Nemuren

As far as attending, I'm kind of in the same boat with Nina Star 9 where late-afternoon/evening of Day 1 or 2 would probably work best for me. I'm also doing a very makeup-intensive costume at least one of those days. I'm still not entirely sure I can make it to this, but seeing that there might be a good turnout this year makes it a lot more tempting. ;D

azreale

Just to let everyone know, I'm thinking about trying for friday late afternoon or evening. of course this is in no way for sure, as Gathering department hasn't really begun to give us time frames.
So just an FYI,
Hoping for friday afternoon-evening. That's the hope at least!

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Tabbychan on February 18, 2013, 12:06:54 PM
I'm super excited!!! I have my Stuff for Julia all planned out ^^ hey Nina Star 9? Do you have any picture of your Julia?:) She was one of my favorite characters so I love seeing how people cosplay her <3
No, sadly! I didn't get any pics of myself. Others took pictures of me, so I'm scouring the internet for them, but I haven't found any yet. :< As soon as I do, I'll PM you! (I can also take some shots of the costume itself and PM you, and describe what I did, if that's helpful? I have a couple of mistakes, but I think it turned out pretty well overall. I also combined a few reference images, taking the best elements of each, since she only wears her catsuit briefly in the show and all of the official artwork is conflicting.)
EDIT:
Found one!!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3358688/
( I'm so pale ;o; )

Quote from: azreale on February 18, 2013, 03:04:23 PM
Just to let everyone know, I'm thinking about trying for friday late afternoon or evening. of course this is in no way for sure, as Gathering department hasn't really begun to give us time frames.
So just an FYI,
Hoping for friday afternoon-evening. That's the hope at least!
That would be perfect! I'd totally be able to attend during those times. Let's keep our fingers crossed that you can get those times! (I think that most of the gatherings are on the busier days, and we probably won't need a ginormous location for this, so I think the chances of getting a Friday timeslot are pretty good? I hope?)

Nemuren

A thought: I just saw that there's an "Old School" cosplay gathering on Friday at 6PM. Since we were planning on meeting late that day anyway, maybe some of us could stop by there too if we're interested.

On a related note, 2013 will mark the 15-year anniversary of the original airing of Cowboy Bebop. Wow.