Cowboy Bebop Gathering 2013!

Started by azreale, January 30, 2013, 12:38:22 AM

dankeykang

UPDATE: I finally got the confirmation that I will be able to adopt one of my friend's corgi puppies. This is him; unfortunately my mom doesn't understand the significance of the name Ein but he is still getting an equally awesome name, Luigi. This is him and I'm almost completely certain he will be able to attend. For anyone concerned about his safety, I don't plan on keeping him there for long and I have plenty of experience in handling puppies. Also, my friend assures me that he is the most chill of her litter. This is him:

As for the date and time, it's pretty much perfect for me. I'm going to Great America for pride day that day so really the later the better. Only 48 more days, so excited!!

azreale

Quote from: Nemuren on March 18, 2013, 03:48:25 PM
A thought: I just saw that there's an "Old School" cosplay gathering on Friday at 6PM. Since we were planning on meeting late that day anyway, maybe some of us could stop by there too if we're interested.

On a related note, 2013 will mark the 15-year anniversary of the original airing of Cowboy Bebop. Wow.

I also saw the Old school gathering posted, perhaps if others feel like it, after our official gathering with a photographer, we could all migrate or merge into that gathering so we're all included?

Quote from: glorificus on April 05, 2013, 08:11:46 PM
UPDATE: I finally got the confirmation that I will be able to adopt one of my friend's corgi puppies. This is him; unfortunately my mom doesn't understand the significance of the name Ein but he is still getting an equally awesome name, Luigi. This is him and I'm almost completely certain he will be able to attend. For anyone concerned about his safety, I don't plan on keeping him there for long and I have plenty of experience in handling puppies. Also, my friend assures me that he is the most chill of her litter. This is him:

As for the date and time, it's pretty much perfect for me. I'm going to Great America for pride day that day so really the later the better. Only 48 more days, so excited!!

Your puppy is ADORABLE! and while I'd love to have him, I'm very worried about how little he will be and how often you and he will be surrounded and bombarded for pictures. People can get pushy and with him being so young when fanime comes around I'm scared it could be overwhelming for him. (also the construction could frighten him)
It's your call though, and he won't be allowed IN the convention center per fanime's service dogs only rules, so it depends on our location as well.

I'm waiting to get our official time/location/day info from Bsaphire, hopefully she'll be putting up that information soon!
I'll get back to you all as soon as i know!
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

dankeykang

Quote from: azreale on April 05, 2013, 09:27:22 PM
Quote from: Nemuren on March 18, 2013, 03:48:25 PM
A thought: I just saw that there's an "Old School" cosplay gathering on Friday at 6PM. Since we were planning on meeting late that day anyway, maybe some of us could stop by there too if we're interested.

On a related note, 2013 will mark the 15-year anniversary of the original airing of Cowboy Bebop. Wow.

I also saw the Old school gathering posted, perhaps if others feel like it, after our official gathering with a photographer, we could all migrate or merge into that gathering so we're all included?

Quote from: glorificus on April 05, 2013, 08:11:46 PM

Your puppy is ADORABLE! and while I'd love to have him, I'm very worried about how little he will be and how often you and he will be surrounded and bombarded for pictures. People can get pushy and with him being so young when fanime comes around I'm scared it could be overwhelming for him. (also the construction could frighten him)
It's your call though, and he won't be allowed IN the convention center per fanime's service dogs only rules, so it depends on our location as well.

I'm waiting to get our official time/location/day info from Bsaphire, hopefully she'll be putting up that information soon!
I'll get back to you all as soon as i know!

Well that picture is a couple weeks old now. He'll be about 14/15 weeks by the time the actual event rolls around. Time and location willing, he'll only be there for the meetup. But of course, I'll see how everything is as we get closer to the date. I still have a whole foam armor to create/focus on hahahah.

azreale

HEY everyone! we've received out time and Location!
we are set for Noon on friday (i realize that this is a little earlier then was hoped for but hopefully it works for everyone!  if not we can also try to meet later in the day for an "unofficial gathering"

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Nina Star 9

Oh no!! I have to drive out from Sacto, and likely won't even be there by noon on Friday. :< I'll try my hardest to make it to the gathering, but it looks difficult. If I leave by 9AM, then I might be able to get down there, get checked into my hotel room, change, and run to the gathering, but I might still be a bit late. (I'll have to get up super early and do all my makeup at home, but I'll have to change at-con since...well, driving for 2~3hours in a catsuit wouldn't be much fun)

Well, I hope to see you all anyway, even if I can't make the gathering. If I'm not at the gathering, look for a Julia on Friday, and stop by and say hello~ If you want to meet up for a cosplay group shoot or something, feel free to PM me.

So...put me down as an unlikely maybe? I'll try, but no guarantees that I can make it.

Nemuren

Any particular reason we can't push this back a few hours? Friday doesn't look all that crowded yet for gatherings.

azreale

I'll send B a message, any particular time we should aim for?

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Nemuren

Maybe 4 or 5? The Old School Gathering's at 6, so I thought it might be neat to be closer to that. Let's see what time is good for Nina since she's coming in that morning.

Nina Star 9

Even pushing it back 1 or 2 hours would work for me, actually. Late afternoon or early evening would be perfect. It's just that noon is a bit early, and gives me little time to pack up the car/get ready/drive down/change/get there, especially since I have my last final Thursday night and will likely be up late!

4 or 5 would be perfect, but barring that, even 1 or 2 would work out. (4 or 5 would work out well for those of you wanting to attend the Old School Gathering, as has been mentioned.) If we could get this pushed back even a little, I'd be pretty happy. :D Thanks for considering my schedule!

azreale

:) ive messaged B and asked for a later time, mentioning 4-5 but hat i was ok with any later time she could give us. now we wait and see if she can help us.out :)

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

azreale

Hey Guys~ Update!!!
B was kind enough to push our gathering back to 4 PM on friday as asked ^^ (same location-riser stage's new local)
now hopefully everyone can make it!

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Nina Star 9

Yay!!! That's great!! Thanks, B, and thanks, azreale, for asking. :D

I will be there as Julia. Now I won't be nearly so rushed, and I'll be able to sneak in another cosplay earlier in the afternoon. This is perfect.

azreale

7 days till Fanime everyone!!!
is everybody ready? or in frantic get cosplay done.mode?!

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Nina Star 9

I'm in frantic get-cosplay-done-while-doing-finals mode, but thankfully, I already finished my Julia cosplay back for AOD, and it doesn't require any sort of fixing, so I'm good for this gathering! :D

azreale

Hey all, just an update!
We are still on for 4 at the riser stage! first floor of the CC walk along the back wall and you're bound to run into me!

WARNING!! I am not dressed up in CB gear today, do to a cosplay malfunction and a forgetful mind I will not be Ed today!
I am dressed as Akane from Ranma 1/2! look for short black/blue hair and a BRIGHT blue dress! I'll be sitting on the stage calling out CB! by 4!

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)