Tell me about the Hyatt experience

Started by Touya no Miko, January 30, 2013, 07:42:42 PM

Touya no Miko

I wasn't able to get the Hilton like my group and I planned this year, but I managed to book the Hyatt place which is our second choice. I've been to this hotel once back when it was the Crowne Plaza, and was wondering how much has changed since their renovation. Can anyone tell me their experience and if they want to book their again at all?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Naiagu

I stayed there last year and booked there this year. I liked it the best out of the hotels I've stayed in before (Fairmont and St. Claire) The place is spacey, we had double beds and a couch with a mini fridge, it was cozy. They also have a $5 buffet in the morning which is really nice to go to. It's a small walk from con but really nothing major, elevators were pretty mild except for move out day they got a bit jam packed. Overall, I had a really good stay, we had no troubles with any employees. If you bring a car once you pay for the parking you can leave and come back for the entire weekend stay, no need to pay extra per night for the car space.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

obliviousedward

I LOVE the Hyatt. My friends and I stayed there back when it was the Crowne Plaza, and it's only improved since becoming the Hyatt, imo. Like Naiagu already said, the hotel itself (and its rooms) are pretty spacious and accommodating, and parking in the hotel's lot gets you in-and-out privileges. The breakfast buffet was awesome (at least when we were up early enough to go it, lol), and they have some pretty good food available to eat if you get hungry during the day. (May I recommend their quesadillas? OMNOMNOM~)

Anywho, it's also nice and quiet compared to the Marriott and Hilton, due to it being somewhat out of the way. And yeah, the staff is SUPER nice and friendly. Renovations since it was the Crowne Plaza include a bar, the "food stand" I mentioned before, and a nice lounge area by the front desk (comfy sofaaas~). All in all, I would expect you'll have a nice stay there this year. :D
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Hachimitsu

Sorry that you havent received the hilton Touya..
I too actually ordered both the marriot and the hyatt, but I never been through the hyatt before!
I was concern about the spacing as well. Seeing how naia and Obli.. tells its a nice place i just hope it wont cause any issues!..
just be happy you got the room :)..
besides, there are alot of people who couldnt get a hotel room because of the Cache error! and the backdoor announcement via twitter

DangerHeart

I've never stayed there personally but I've been to visit friends who stayed there and the rooms where very nice. And by the end of the weekend they agreed on staying again the next year so it must be good!
And yeah that link error, holy dang that was horrible. My friends also missed out on their first two choices because of it, I only saved myself by having the facebook page opened in another tab...good thing cause I was only one who wasn't busy and had to book three rooms on my own.

heidipak

Stayed there last year, and I have not even considered booking any other hotel.
Location is perfect--the convention-side entrance spits you right to the crosswalk that connects with Hilton's side entrance.  I felt perfectly comfortable walking to & from convention center at night by myself.

Parking is perfect--compared to what I paid for parking at Fairmont, no complaints with Hyatt. Can't guarantee what'll happen this year, but I was able to find plenty of parking space checking in Friday. 

Room is spacious.  I should have taken a picture, but we had a large couch-thing that had a slight wall partition that one of my girls used as her "room", lots of CLEAN floor space which I declared my domain, large comfy bed that my other two girls staked as their territory, etc.  And with 4 girls and multiple wigs, we were able to utilize the many (turned off) lamp shades as mannequin heads.
(Our room had a window facing the convention center so that in-itself was SUPER awesome!)

Customer service from staff was great and friendly -- didn't get a single judgmental eye from them, and was able to check-in early (10/11ish).  For check-out, they just slipped a statement under the door so didn't have to deal with physically going downstairs and checking out. 

Elevators were kind of busy at peak times, with no stairs to the 1st floor!  But if you're smart, you can avoid all this by avoiding busy times.  And either way, you can take the time to make friends! : )

And price? I feel that Hyatt Place offers the best price for supreme location & quality -- sure you'll get slightly better things at say Fairmont, but THAT's a bit of a walk that can get annoying and significantly more expensive.  And Hilton/Mariott may be connected, but I cannot emphasize how CLOSE Hyatt Place is -- the map threw me off too, and I expected a 5 minute walk -- nope. : )
Fanime 2013

0 - Russell (Up)
1 - Azusa Nakano (K-On!!)
2 - Yukio Okumura (Blue Exorcist)
3 - Vriska Serket - God Tier (Homestuck)
4 - Nepeta Leijon (Homestuck)