Parking?

Started by cosmia, February 02, 2013, 11:55:04 PM

Kuudere

Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 30, 2013, 03:24:49 PM
Quote from: limDsage on May 30, 2013, 03:17:07 PM
Give me a clue where this is, and I can figure it out from there!
Hey! Fanimecon's over, business is business! They say business before pleasure and con's over- I'm not psycho enough to give you one of my top secrets...

Bahahaha...I see what you did there. Psychos do nut...I mean...do not...frequently spill the secrets of their success.  :D

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Kuudere on May 30, 2013, 03:27:36 PM
Hey! Fanimecon's over, business is business! They say business before pleasure and con's over- I'm not psycho enough to give you one of my top secrets...

Bahahaha...I see what you did there. Psychos do nut...I mean...do not...frequently spill the secrets of their success.  :D
I'ma end up hog-tying you next con... -.-  your disgrace to our secret order will not go unpunished if our treasure is lost to the world!!!

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Kuudere

Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 30, 2013, 03:32:25 PM

I'ma end up hog-tying you next con... -.-  your disgrace to our secret order will not go unpunished if our treasure is lost to the world!!!

Haha...gotta find me first! I wonder if the garage will figure this little loophole out soon, though.

limDsage

Oh well, time to do this the Watch Dog's method... *draws out smartphone with multi-hacking purposes to track down the said free parking spot*

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Kuudere on May 30, 2013, 03:36:02 PM

Haha...gotta find me first! I wonder if the garage will figure this little loophole out soon, though.
It's done on purpose. Not a loophole. Perfectly legit. Memorial day celebration or whatever. I always go to con uber early so I always get the best parking... I wonder why my car was covered in dust though... it was like either asbestous or tree fur or something...

Kuudere

Quote from: limDsage on May 30, 2013, 03:41:59 PM
Oh well, time to do this the Watch Dog's method... *draws out smartphone with multi-hacking purposes to track down the said free parking spot*

It's even easier than all that. Just check out the 5th post on the first page of this thread. It's got the details.  ;)

I also kind of don't want to go spreading the word because it'll suck to get there next year and have the place full...

Kuudere

Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 30, 2013, 03:45:58 PM

It's done on purpose. Not a loophole. Perfectly legit. Memorial day celebration or whatever. I always go to con uber early so I always get the best parking... I wonder why my car was covered in dust though... it was like either asbestous or tree fur or something...

But I don't think they intend for us to stay overnight for so many nights and leave without paying for the nights where it wasn't free...If that is the case and they figure it out, they could start citing cars or towing them. Anyway, I'd say for now to park there at your own risk.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Kuudere on May 30, 2013, 04:01:57 PM
Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 30, 2013, 03:45:58 PM

But I don't think they intend for us to stay overnight for so many nights and leave without paying for the nights where it wasn't free...If that is the case and they figure it out, they could start citing cars or towing them. Anyway, I'd say for now to park there at your own risk.
I'm sure they know otherwise they wouldve picked up on it by now. My car was there since thursday morning at 7am til 530pm monday.

Quote from: Kuudere on May 30, 2013, 03:59:40 PM
It's even easier than all that. Just check out the 5th post on the first page of this thread. It's got the details.  ;)
I also kind of don't want to go spreading the word because it'll suck to get there next year and have the place full...
And telling people like this is how I end up losing the most prime spaces!!! You shall suffer for your insolence.... -.-     If I lose my parking spot, you're paying for my parking!!!

limDsage

Quote from: Kuudere on May 30, 2013, 03:59:40 PM

You have won yourself a free meal on Fanime next year. haha.

QuoteAnd telling people like this is how I end up losing the most prime spaces!!! You shall suffer for your insolence.... -.-     If I lose my parking spot, you're paying for my parking!!!

If I accidentally take your parking spot, I'm guessing my Kamen Rider abilities won't save me? :p

Lucifargundam

Quote from: limDsage on May 30, 2013, 07:49:33 PM
If I accidentally take your parking spot, I'm guessing my Kamen Rider abilities won't save me? :p

limDsage

keitoghostie

Both my friend and I commute to Fanime so we experimented with parking at another lightrail stop (one with a lot of free parking spaces - vta has a park & ride program) and taking the lightrail from there and it was really great!!
There was far less walking to get there than most other lots, the lightrail ran until nearly 2am most nights (nearly 1am on sunday) so there wasn't much of an issue securing transportation back, the ride back was fast, and it only cost the lightrail fare where we parked.

Dagger-6

If you park south of 280/680 most of the street parking doesn't require permits.  You'll be about 3+ blocks from the con center, but it's not too bad if you want to save money.

Might not want to leave any valuables in the car though.