Plan: 21+ Meet & Greet

Started by echoshadow, February 05, 2013, 06:51:21 AM

echoshadow

Quote from: AngelWings on April 29, 2013, 03:32:10 AM
Nice! I have no idea how I hadn't thought of this before. Depending on scheduling I may or not be able to make it and hopefully bring a few people with me ;) as long as you all don't mind a few more?
Yeah, scheduling always makes or brakes m&g like these, but if you do go like the saying goes the more the marrier.

Quote from: NancyJade on April 29, 2013, 12:43:34 AM
But I like calling you OP (..maybe bc I don't know your name)!! LOL

...you could call me what everyone does, echo. Or you could go the fancy, proper way and ask?

Btw you lost me when you said you don't drink, but gain be back when you said you talk to squirrels.  ???

Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

YaoiCat

Quote from: Lucifargundam on April 27, 2013, 11:36:22 PM
Quote from: YaoiCat on April 26, 2013, 01:47:25 PM
I think the most important thing for me is being able to easily stumble back to my room in case I drink a little too much, lol.
Then you'd have to stay with Tanq :/ so that if you're staying at the marriot- all you have to do is crawl to the elevator.

I'm staying at the Hilton, but it should still be pretty easy for me to stumble back ... right??  Lol.  I mean, not to say that I'm planning on getting super drunk, but juuuust in case it happens  ^^;

I think we're gonna end up at Tanq anyway, just cause it's leading by far in the poll :)

NancyJade

Quote from: echoshadow on April 29, 2013, 04:54:45 AM

...you could call me what everyone does, echo. Or you could go the fancy, proper way and ask?

Btw you lost me when you said you don't drink, but gain be back when you said you talk to squirrels.  ???

No! OP is OP!

See if I drink, I can't go back to work. I don't like half-ass drinking, so when I do drink I go all out. Which is apparently a lot (must be my German side).

So, if anyone is having a hard time stumbling around, I got chu!

:)

echoshadow

::) ok...
Why not do what everyone else does when Fanime rolls around.. take a few days off from work.

Amanojaku

Quote from: echoshadow on April 29, 2013, 06:02:20 PM
Why not do what everyone else does when Fanime rolls around.. take a few days off from work.

That is what I do.  I take off two days before the con and two days after as well so I have time to prepare, and time to wind down.
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

djmonolith

exACTly!!!!!!!
This is my signature.

NancyJade

Because my job is important lol. You can't really just call off medical research, waste millions of dollars, and leave your cancer patients who are already dealing with a ton of problems to also deal with your irresponsibility. Frankly, between roaming Fanime and my research job, I would pick my research job any day. So even if I am still staffing, my work gets priority. It's 24/7. I even canceled my past NYE plan to stay in when my lab needed last minute data analyzed for one of my patients to have surgery the following day. Grown up problems.

And with staffing...you can't really take days off staffing....bc you have to work your hours. I like to have fun, but I also don't make commitments I can't keep. And I certainly wouldn't compromise my professionalism with substances that are just harming my body anyways.

And that is why I am not taking any days off of work.

djmonolith

Quote from: NancyJade on April 30, 2013, 11:52:18 PM

Because my job is important lol... Grown up problems.

I am a grown up.  I have an important job.  But I also make sure to not let my job define me. 

Life is too short as it is.  From what you wrote, surely you know this statement is true more than most people.  I admire your dedication.  I do.  But I have found that it is good to pull away at times, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and do something else.  I look forward to Fanime because it allows me to do just that. 

When I return to work I find that I am refreshed and I actually tackle my tasks with renewed energy and I do a better job.
This is my signature.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: djmonolith on May 01, 2013, 12:45:48 AM
Quote from: NancyJade on April 30, 2013, 11:52:18 PM

Because my job is important lol... Grown up problems.

I am a grown up.  I have an important job.  But I also make sure to not let my job define me. 

Life is too short as it is.  From what you wrote, surely you know this statement is true more than most people.  I admire your dedication.  I do.  But I have found that it is good to pull away at times, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and do something else.  I look forward to Fanime because it allows me to do just that. 

When I return to work I find that I am refreshed and I actually tackle my tasks with renewed energy and I do a better job.
Second this. Substantially.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

NancyJade

Well obviously fanime is for fun, like I said. Which is why I'm taking time away from work to go to it.

And if dedicating my life to helping others and forwarding science defines my life....then I'd like to say hell yeah it does.

Plus, I'm not even at work that often so I spend the rest of my time being crazy with my friends, hosting charity events, and modeling was fun but I'm bored with it now.

Life is too short to just waste your time on nothing. I live my life doing what I want to do.

echoshadow

So....... as not to further derail the thread, what is everyone choice of poison? Beer, wine, liqour?

Beer wise I perfer a brown or amber ale. Wine wise I like a more fruty wine like a blush. Never really liked the reds or the whites. As for liqour, I'm more of a brandy/cognac guy. It has to be 18+ year old vsop.

So let me hear yours.

YaoiCat

Quote from: echoshadow on May 01, 2013, 02:25:09 AM

So....... as not to further derail the thread, what is everyone choice of poison? Beer, wine, liqour?

I'm not so much a beer or wine drinker, I usually go for cocktails :)  Long Islands are kind of my default drink cause they're pretty strong so I get a good buzz from just 1 or 2.  I also love Vodka + Red Bull.  When I'm not looking to get too buzzed, I like fruity drinks, like a Dirty Shirley which is vodka, sprite and grenadine.  Ooh!  And I tried this new drink for the first time a couple weekends ago, it was called a Washington Apple and it was super yummy!  Served in a shot glass.  It was recommended to me because I wanted "something like a lemon drop but not a lemon drop"  lol.

renalcul

I dislike beer and i can taste liquor in the majority of mixed drinks, so i take shots of liquor at the start and then spend the rest of my night nursing my impending hangover.

limDsage

I'm fine with beer (IPA, Porter) but I'm also down for shots. Probably get some black russian and vader!

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Lucifargundam

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 01, 2013, 10:05:03 AM
... it was called a Washington Apple and it was super yummy!
Wash Apples are good... I like Mint Juleps better....
Quote from: renalcul on May 01, 2013, 10:13:42 AM
...spend the rest of my night nursing my impending hangover.
rehydrate after?
Quote from: echoshadow on May 01, 2013, 02:25:09 AM

...what is everyone choice of poison?
wine is good with good meals. beer is great for eating in general. Liquor is good for hanging out or the rest of whatever isnt listed.
Quote from: limDsage on May 01, 2013, 10:30:51 AM
...some black russian and vader!
Havent had a black russian or vader... I like martinis though. I tend to drink liquor straight.

AngelWings

Beer is always better from an actual brewery so if its not the case I'll usually stick to shocktops or maybe flat tire, but Amstel is pretty good too. Coronas are only for if I am in Mexico.
Wine I like a bit of everything but usually not for bars that aren't specifically wine bars. It's more of a with your meal drink to me.
Tequila is a dear dear friend and gin and vodka are also great companions. Usual cocktails are sazerac, sidecar, G and t, and when I'm feeling boring vodka cran. But often I pull my drinks off the bars specialty menu and try new(ish) things. It's also pretty normal for me to ask bartenders for something that will taste like (insert flavor) and I end up with some awesome concoctions that way.
Usually most of the more refined liqueurs hold their place as an after dinner drink to me so I don't demean them with nights when I'm just drinking.

I will not touch hypnotic for the forseeable future. I got way to drunk off of way too many of a drink that had that as the most prevalent taste.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: AngelWings on May 02, 2013, 01:01:56 AM
I will not touch hypnotic for the forseeable future. I got way to drunk off of way too many of a drink that had that as the most prevalent taste.
Monster+Hennesey+Hypnotic=Incredible Hulk

Hulk "smash" = you smashed

YaoiCat

Last year for a friend's pokemon themed b'day party (yes, we're in our 20's and still think pokemon themed parties are awesome, lol) I came across TheDrunkenMoogle.com and used their recipes for a Blastoise cocktail, a Charizard cocktail, and a Venusaur cocktail, lol.  I didn't care much for the Blastoise and the Charizard, but the Venusaur was awesome.  We played this pokemon drinking game

I don't remember how it turned out ... I was pretty unlucky with my rolls and had to chug like 3 drinks by the time we reached the first gym, hahaha.  I'm kind of a lightweight, but gradually getting better ^^;

AngelWings

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 02, 2013, 01:45:27 PM
Last year for a friend's pokemon themed b'day party (yes, we're in our 20's and still think pokemon themed parties are awesome, lol) I came across TheDrunkenMoogle.com and used their recipes for a Blastoise cocktail, a Charizard cocktail, and a Venusaur cocktail, lol.  I didn't care much for the Blastoise and the Charizard, but the Venusaur was awesome.  We played this pokemon drinking game

I don't remember how it turned out ... I was pretty unlucky with my rolls and had to chug like 3 drinks by the time we reached the first gym, hahaha.  I'm kind of a lightweight, but gradually getting better ^^;

Holy crap that's the same game I got totally wasted and doomed hypnotic to me to! We had this huge thing about getting all of the starter Pokemon figurines as game pieces and we settled on making dratinis off thedrunkenmoogle all night! We did not finish the game.

Lucifargundam