Plan: 21+ Meet & Greet

Started by echoshadow, February 05, 2013, 06:51:21 AM

limDsage

Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 09, 2013, 03:38:39 PM
If you're on a budget, you could always just by beer by the picture >.>

Lol. Beer is like 4 bucks. Start getting them quarters if you have to!

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

echoshadow

With just a few days to go I just want to remind everyone that the meet up is going to be on Saturday night around 10:00 maybe 11:00 or when the majority of the main events are over.

Also keep in mind we are going to a bar so expect to pay bar prices instead of supermarket prices. So stash away a $20 bill or two.

Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

princesskitty18

Quote from: echoshadow on May 12, 2013, 12:52:54 PM
With just a few days to go I just want to remind everyone that the meet up is going to be on Saturday night around 10:00 maybe 11:00 or when the majority of the main events are over.

Also keep in mind we are going to a bar so expect to pay bar prices instead of supermarket prices. So stash away a $20 bill or two.
make it about 11-ish. i think the nerd courting panel is that night from 9-12 and i know that its usually a popular panel. i know that im goin haha but depending on where everyone ends up, my boyfriend and i can probly just meet up wit y'all later on
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Kpmonkeygirl

""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Kpmonkeygirl

""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

YaoiCat

10 - 2?  Is Tanq open that late?  On the hotel's site it says that Tanq closes at 12.  But maybe they'll have extended hours since there's a special event going on?

Lucifargundam

Quote from: YaoiCat on May 14, 2013, 09:22:14 AM
10 - 2?  Is Tanq open that late?  On the hotel's site it says that Tanq closes at 12.  But maybe they'll have extended hours since there's a special event going on?
If they close on us(which i dont think they will due to all the business they'll be getting cuz of the event), we could just head to the next cheapest/closest place... the 10-2 is basically that the last of the main attractions end at 10pm and state cutoff drinking time is at 2am.

amused_

Sweet.  So the Marriott is connected to the convention center, right?

They'll probably have tons of people there anyway, which is good.  We'll pick up tons of stragglers for wherever the next destination will be.

I look forward to sharing a couple (sure, uh huh) of drinks with y'all.

KanakoMaeda

I'm interested. This sounds like fun.
Sure, why not?

Lucifargundam

I came up with the idea of everyone doing something to distinguish themselves from non-congoers, but I'm 98% sure that everyone who'll be there will already be congoers. So it'd be pointless.

echoshadow

Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 16, 2013, 02:59:50 AM
I came up with the idea of everyone doing something to distinguish themselves from non-congoers, but I'm 98% sure that everyone who'll be there will already be congoers. So it'd be pointless.
We can do what everyone at AX's 21+ m&g, we wear our badge. I'll be wearing mine.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: echoshadow on May 16, 2013, 04:16:10 AM
Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 16, 2013, 02:59:50 AM
We can do what everyone at AX's 21+ m&g, we wear our badge. I'll be wearing mine.
I thought that was a natural thing that didnt have to be discussed... plus, I dunno if any bars will give discounts to congoers... dont think so but still

weaponhex

Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 14, 2013, 09:33:48 AM
Quote from: YaoiCat on May 14, 2013, 09:22:14 AM
If they close on us(which i dont think they will due to all the business they'll be getting cuz of the event), we could just head to the next cheapest/closest place... the 10-2 is basically that the last of the main attractions end at 10pm and state cutoff drinking time is at 2am.

Past years they closed even earlier then 12 for some odd reason during Fanime....

Koji Sake bar ( http://www.yelp.com/biz/koji-sake-lounge-san-jose ) is fun to visit when in full cosplay, but it is a couple blocks away and the further you go the higher the risk of encountering Creepers

Flames has late night happy hour ( 9pm-close 7 days a week), but its bar is so tiny. More then 10 people will make that very very cramped

Los Gatos Brewing Company (LGBC) closes really early, like when they stop serving food at like 10pm. The bartender/waitresses are really nice though. Just do not dress up as a zombie, apparently a few of them got super scared during the zombie pub crawl lol
2013 cosplay's
fri - Gintoki from Gintama
sat - Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi "Rose" from Bleach
sun - Trafalgar Law from One Peice
mon - Aido from Vampire Knight

Jerry

sometimes tells me if I go, I'm gonna get carded :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Jerry on May 20, 2013, 01:14:34 PM
sometimes tells me if I go, I'm gonna get carded :P
you should totally go! :D us rovers gotta stick together!

Pheydra

Oooh, 21 and up party!  I will have to try and pull the little 21 and up group I will probably be hanging out with in this direction. I will be in Cosplay, so I'll stand out as an attendee.  I'll either be Haku Ha or Belial from Angel Sanctuary.

TideWind1

this sounds fun~ I might drop by to meet some new people if things pan out well enough ^^, I'll probably be there as Succubus from Vindictus

echoshadow

Alright ladys and gentes, we are set for Saturday at the Tanq around 10:30ish~11:00 pm.

If anyone wants my number pm me.
For thoese with smart phones just check this thread for any last minute updates.

Jesse Uppercut

This already sounds like its going to be a success! Even though Saturday is jam packed, I will try and stop by for a drink!
Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere.