FanimeCon 2013 SPEED DATING: Official Thread

Started by TheMaKaKi, February 10, 2013, 01:26:37 AM

PinkHairSasuke

My friend has been asking me when registration was going to come up for Speed Dating, glad I opened my eyes and found the thread haha

Hanimani

im looking forward to attending this event for the first time this year. i hope i can get in to the event tho xD wonder how early we will have to start waiting in line to secure a spot :P

----------
Speed Dating NYC

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: Hanimani on May 05, 2013, 06:46:35 AM

im looking forward to attending this event for the first time this year. i hope i can get in to the event tho xD wonder how early we will have to start waiting in line to secure a spot :P

----------
Speed Dating NYC

Hello Hanimani,

We recommend coming at least 10 minutes earlier to be eligible. However we do have fans coming 1/2hr-1hr+ prior to the event. It really depends on the time and day. By any chance, are you associated staff with Speed Dating NYC?
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Rhornez

Ill be there hopefully nothing comes up on friday

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

codemaster

My plan is to hit the one on Saturday, probably line up 15 min before... or at least that's the plan :)
I like programming and making stuff.

Terry Bogard

Just Terry looking for his Blue Marry, Kenshin looking for his Kaoru, Otonashi looking for a Kanade.
Also looking for rivals to give me a great fight in the virtual arena and the RL Wrestling ring! Panther mask is here!! haha

udonoodle

I want to do this, too bad there is probably going to be waaaayyy too many people XD
How early do you think you'd have to show up to get a spot?

Did everyone have a good time last year? I'm curious!

recrimage

hello, I was hoping to help out with the speed dating event as well, but I didn't find any contact info, e-mail, etc..
Who should I talk to about helping for this event?

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on February 15, 2013, 08:36:24 PM
Hello princesskitty18,

If you want to volunteer, you're more than welcome to come by our Speed Dating sessions. When we come out with the schedule, just email us a heads up if you're stopping by to facilitate. Thanks :)
"no"
      ~Rosa Parks

TheMaKaKi

Hello Recrimage, thank you for your interest. We have an official section on the FanimeCon website http://www.fanime.com/events-and-exhibits/events/#speed-dating as well as this official forum thread. In addition, we were previously recruiting for Staff on the forums and website but are no longer doing so. We also have an official email as well [email protected] or you can simply personal message me or yaki-ika. You can contact us in various ways whichever for your convenience.

However as mentioned, we are not recruiting for Staff. We need Volunteers for the event but you would have to sign up to be a volunteer for FanimeCon in general and see if they have spots available to help with Speed Dating. Their email should be [email protected].

Quote from: recrimage on May 17, 2013, 01:37:38 PM
hello, I was hoping to help out with the speed dating event as well, but I didn't find any contact info, e-mail, etc..

Hello princesskitty18,

If you want to volunteer, you're more than welcome to come by our Speed Dating sessions. When we come out with the schedule, just email us a heads up if you're stopping by to facilitate. Thanks :)
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

ultimatejunmaster

Hhhmmm...... I might consider going if the ratio of male:female are balanced.... I keep hearing that there are usually more guys than girls....
Nan-Da-Yo?!

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: ultimatejunmaster on May 17, 2013, 09:27:11 PM
Hhhmmm...... I might consider going if the ratio of male:female are balanced.... I keep hearing that there are usually more guys than girls....

Ratio of the lines are unpredictable as we cannot predict the future...however inside the event, it is 1:1 per person ratio for m/f and LGBT days.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

Sivartius

I'm going to try to be there on Friday, if I can't get in I might come to one of the later slots.
I'm not actually crazy, but I'm not conventionally sane.

recrimage

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 17, 2013, 03:36:20 PM
Hello Recrimage, thank you for your interest. We have an official section on the FanimeCon website http://www.fanime.com/events-and-exhibits/events/#speed-dating as well as this official forum thread. In addition, we were previously recruiting for Staff on the forums and website but are no longer doing so. We also have an official email as well [email protected] or you can simply personal message me or yaki-ika. You can contact us in various ways whichever for your convenience.

However as mentioned, we are not recruiting for Staff. We need Volunteers for the event but you would have to sign up to be a volunteer for FanimeCon in general and see if they have spots available to help with Speed Dating. Their email should be [email protected].

Quote from: recrimage on May 17, 2013, 01:37:38 PM

Hello princesskitty18,

Hello again, I tried e-mailing both the [email protected] as well as the [email protected] but neither have yet to respond to me. Since it is now so close to the event, I imagine it would just be best if I approached one of the speed dating staff upon my arrival and asked then?

Hopefully I can get a hold of someone before it is too late.
"no"
      ~Rosa Parks

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

clawmaster

for those who have went, what is better, going in cosplay or dressing up "normal" outfit for this?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

renalcul

Quote from: clawmaster on May 22, 2013, 04:25:52 PM
for those who have went, what is better, going in cosplay or dressing up "normal" outfit for this?
Cosplays are only a problem if they interfere with your ability to move or obstruct your ability to communicate

O_O

Are there any rules that forbids someone from participating the event multiple times?

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: The Gold Standard on May 22, 2013, 09:05:08 PM
Are there any rules that forbids someone from participating the event multiple times?

Participation is limited to one session per day.
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

yaki-ika