Pre-registration

Started by lemonsworth, February 11, 2013, 01:00:12 PM

lemonsworth

So right now in 21 years old, but i turn 22 early May. Will registering now saying im 21 cause any problems when i go to pick up my pass being 22?

phr34kish

It shouldn't really matter. Your badge doesn't say what age you are, and the only reason why Fanime asks is usually for legal liability with minors. But general rule is if you're turning 22, say you're 22 on your information 'cause that's what you'll be when you get there.

SOawesomeness

Being +/- 1 on age is okay. We generally use your other information for identity confirmation and as long as the age is approximately true, it's fine.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Hachimitsu

big big question, has anyone recieved any notifications and emails from those who pre-registered during the 2012 fanime convention?

I pre-registered for $40 but i still did not receive any email from registration as of yet!
I really would like to obtain the pre-registration on site, becuase i know by the end of this month (certain announcement such as swap meet / artist alley / masquerade) will be made and I know they will ask for a badge information!

M

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on February 18, 2013, 05:19:54 PM
big big question, has anyone recieved any notifications and emails from those who pre-registered during the 2012 fanime convention?

I pre-registered for $40 but i still did not receive any email from registration as of yet!
I really would like to obtain the pre-registration on site, becuase i know by the end of this month (certain announcement such as swap meet / artist alley / masquerade) will be made and I know they will ask for a badge information!
You will receive an e-mail once this is done. If it isn't done before any of the other event registrations you have mentioned are opened, there will be work-around in place.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Hachimitsu

Quote from: MPLe on February 20, 2013, 07:26:22 AM
Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on February 18, 2013, 05:19:54 PM

You will receive an e-mail once this is done. If it isn't done before any of the other event registrations you have mentioned are opened, there will be work-around in place.

what is a work around? I nver heard of this term before?

ewu

work-around - the staff will waive/bypass that particular requirement if there are other ways to prove that requirement.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

M

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on February 20, 2013, 11:45:48 PM
what is a work around? I nver heard of this term before?

ewu went into what the current plan is (because I couldn't confirm it). I'm not sure if you were being serious about not knowing what the term "work around" is. If you weren't, then ignore the rest of my post. If not, here is the meaning of it...

A work around is a (in most cases, temporary) solution that is put in place to get around something to get the task accomplished.

We generally don't like using work arounds as it means that we had to deviate from the original plan, but if we need to in order to get something done (and having the pros outweigh the cons) we will.

Hachimitsu

Quote from: MPLe on February 21, 2013, 03:13:36 PM
ewu went into what the current plan is (because I couldn't confirm it). I'm not sure if you were being serious about not knowing what the term "work around" is. If you weren't, then ignore the rest of my post. If not, here is the meaning of it...

A work around is a (in most cases, temporary) solution that is put in place to get around something to get the task accomplished.

We generally don't like using work arounds as it means that we had to deviate from the original plan, but if we need to in order to get something done (and having the pros outweigh the cons) we will.
Quote from: ewu on February 20, 2013, 11:52:06 PM
work-around - the staff will waive/bypass that particular requirement if there are other ways to prove that requirement.

okay so... is this going to be a problem for artist alley / swap meet (which is comming up very soon on announcements) sign ups?

-ps: thanks for defining the work around term, because i really never heard of that term before in my life (really serious here)

M

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on February 22, 2013, 01:12:27 AMokay so... is this going to be a problem for artist alley / swap meet (which is comming up very soon on announcements) sign ups?

-ps: thanks for defining the work around term, because i really never heard of that term before in my life (really serious here)
As mentioned before, this won't be an issue as we will have something in place for those that pre-registered at the end of last year.

YaoiCat

Do people who pre-register get the fanime schedule ahead of time?  This is my first time pre-registering, but I've attended and registered at con the past few years and always have disliked not seeing the programming schedule until I arrive.

M

Quote from: YaoiCat on April 01, 2013, 03:21:57 PM
Do people who pre-register get the fanime schedule ahead of time?  This is my first time pre-registering, but I've attended and registered at con the past few years and always have disliked not seeing the programming schedule until I arrive.
We try to get the schedule posted as soon as possible, but most of the video programming schedule (and some others) aren't available until the week before FanimeCon. Keep an eye out on our website.

XexiledX

Okay so luckily i've double checked before the event had occurred. i checked my paypal statement and the pre-registration fee wasn't there. i also tried to login via the official page using my created name and it said my pre-registration had been unpaid, yet when i try going back to my hotmail and clicking that same activation link and pay for early registration paypal says this item has already been paid for.... what do i do?  am i doomed to pay again?

M

Quote from: XexiledX on May 09, 2013, 12:06:45 AM
Okay so luckily i've double checked before the event had occurred. i checked my paypal statement and the pre-registration fee wasn't there. i also tried to login via the official page using my created name and it said my pre-registration had been unpaid, yet when i try going back to my hotmail and clicking that same activation link and pay for early registration paypal says this item has already been paid for.... what do i do?  am i doomed to pay again?
Contact our Registration department (registration at fanime dot com) who will be able to assist you