Harlem Shake Meetup

Started by Fundippopotamus, February 12, 2013, 02:44:33 PM

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: Fundippopotamus on March 23, 2013, 02:18:22 AM
We could hold it on the stairs at the entrance? During night would probably be best, don't want to get in anyone's way.
And as for music, even if it's quiet, it can always be edited in. C:

Sounds like a good plan to me. Who's gonna be the lone dancer for the beginning of the Harlem Shake?

Fundippopotamus

Quote from: PinkHairSasuke on March 23, 2013, 10:23:19 AM
We could hold it on the stairs at the entrance? During night would probably be best, don't want to get in anyone's way.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Who's gonna be the lone dancer for the beginning of the Harlem Shake?
I think we'll have to play rock paper scissors for that... XD

Aoiro

I totally want to do this dressed as Celty.
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"

kuromiluminous

I'm probably going to wear my secret cosplay =w=
FanimeCon 2014:
~Armin Arlert from Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan (Black ver.)
~Alibaba Saluja from Magi
~Fujisaki Chihiro from Dangan Ronpa
~Matoi Ryuko from KILL la KILL
~Kuriyami Mirai from Kyoukai no Kanata

Lucifargundam

Quote from: PinkHairSasuke on March 23, 2013, 10:23:19 AM

It would have to go to someone wearing a motorcycle helmet... so obviously a Celty.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

nooblet

I'm down! pretty sure the bunch I'm going w/ would be too :) any estimate of when will it be? might as well make it an official thing right?

Lucifargundam

As long as we stay away from the doors and the stairs, it should be ok.

Also, there is the "loud music" ordeal- so not sure how to go about that.

I thought we were doing it outside this whole time XD

AuroraDreamer

This will have to be done at a time when traffic is at its lowest, which is probably around 2am-6am (which is an annoying time frame) XD We don't want to get in any high traffic areas. Personally I think night time is easiest like 1am and we do not do it on the stairs for safety and traffic reasons.

EDIT~
Use a cellphone for the music and at night less noise hopefully. just edit the song in.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: AuroraDreamer on March 31, 2013, 10:31:32 PM
This will have to be done at a time when traffic is at its lowest, which is probably around 2am-6am (which is an annoying time frame) XD We don't want to get in any high traffic areas. Personally I think night time is easiest like 1am and we do not do it on the stairs for safety and traffic reasons.

EDIT~
Use a cellphone for the music and at night less noise hopefully. just edit the song in.
I don't recall there being anything happening on stage zero at 2am... but in case there is- we better mind ourselves if there is, cuz we wouldnt want to interrupt that.

AuroraDreamer

Quote from: Lucifargundam on March 31, 2013, 10:34:00 PM
Quote from: AuroraDreamer on March 31, 2013, 10:31:32 PM

EDIT~
I don't recall there being anything happening on stage zero at 2am... but in case there is- we better mind ourselves if there is, cuz we wouldnt want to interrupt that.
Usually stage zero always has anime playing or something or the sort running

motorex259

If this happens,

I will bring cardboard ponies.

also if this is a fanime thing, I CAN SUPPLY AUDIO.
i'll drive up with my normal looking car, 3 ppl can pop out and i can play it out loud with my bass and speakers (PM me if you want that) i can arrange to drive in a specififed time

nooblet

I think we should do this during the day, at least while the sun is still out- sunset, maybe?

there is also the issue of where to do it and of people walking through, but I'm pretty sure getting people to join will not be a problem  ;)

Lucifargundam

Quote from: nooblet on April 02, 2013, 08:25:13 PM
I think we should do this during the day, at least while the sun is still out- sunset, maybe?

there is also the issue of where to do it and of people walking through, but I'm pretty sure getting people to join will not be a problem  ;)
That's right. More people during the day. Plus, if someone were to record it all- then they would need proper lighting to catch everything.  Problem is, inside the con will be crowded.

Perhaps do it at the park across the street and have someone stand in one of the windows of the hotel and zoom in?

motorex259

why not in front of the convention center, i got this planned.

Precisely at 12Pm noon @ Sunday car with speakers rolls to front of convention center drop off.

Song starts playing from the start after car stops for about 3 seconds

the one lone person starts dancing

Everyone gets into harlem shaking

>Camera locations: One on car hood to record rolling in
- One across the street as a "Bystander POV"
- Other's all over the front area as we do it
- 1 from the marriott 2nd floor con space

Currently i just have a 2x 2-way speaker and 2x 3 way speaker with a 12' kenwood sub. if anyone else wants to use their higher powered, multi-sub equipped car, go ahead
My system can play the song loud enough that everyone can hear it without being obnoxious, and the nice thing is, when the doors close up, its almost unhearable (compared to fanime front area with everyone shouting screaming talking, ect)

Zero_Kirby

ZannieRock

So I just posted a topic almost just like this, only ot should totally be done in front of the West Boro Baptist Church protesters!

Lucifargundam

I'm backing out since this is too disorganized... maybe at the last second if OP runs everything through the appropriate channels...

motorex259

Quote from: ZannieRock on April 07, 2013, 06:16:30 PM
So I just posted a topic almost just like this, only ot should totally be done in front of the West Boro Baptist Church protesters!

I oh so so so second this. you know how the loading zone is a no-no zone? and how everyone lines up against the cement pillars? that's perfect.

BSaphire

So here is my official Cosplayer Gatherings Department ruling on flash mobs:
If they happen in a location where a "Official" gathering is supposed to be, the "Flash Mob" will be asked to relocate.

I am NOT against these happening, but my department has limited space during peak hours and we are willing to work with YOU but YOU must be willing to work with us.

If you would like to do this I would like to be contacted via PM... that is "private message" here on the forums with the specifics of what your group has in mind and possible day, time, and location information. Please keep in mind that FanimeCon is a Family Friendly convention so please keep all language, physical movements, &/or facials clean. Please make sure you follow convention policy and keep SAFETY of your participants & THOSE viewing as job #1.

Sincerely
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC