Question about platinum at marriott

Started by crushd, February 15, 2013, 10:30:44 AM

crushd

Tried doing a search,  only found the word mentioned once,  was just wondering if anyone has had experience with the hotel as platinum during the convention?   Based  on your experience, is a lounge available, breakfast,  being a weekend I know it is up to the property whether there is anything.

M

Quote from: crushd on February 15, 2013, 10:30:44 AM
Tried doing a search,  only found the word mentioned once,  was just wondering if anyone has had experience with the hotel as platinum during the convention?   Based  on your experience, is a lounge available, breakfast,  being a weekend I know it is up to the property whether there is anything.
I would call them up directly and ask. However, in the meantime, I'm going to point this out to staffers that might know. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Hachimitsu

I had a talk with one of my friends saying you can try and reduce the price alittle if your one of your family members has an associated awards...
is that even possible?

(associate awards are like discount cards if you work at the marriot hotel)
I know this wont work becuase you guys bought all the rooms to create the hotel but again i dont know anything much about the hotels!...

just wanted to know if its possible to use an associates rewards to reduce the price alittle...

Xeluu

I can answer this as someone who has stayed at the Marriott many years running, with varied levels of status with Marriott...

In regards to breakfast and the lounge, it will be open up until about noon on Friday, closed until Sunday night where it will open again for dessert. So you'll have breakfast Friday and Monday, and if you're there Thursday you'll have dessert then too. (It might close Friday night, but I'm not 100% certain.) The lounge is locked over the weekend, so no, it's not accessible.

Regarding an associate's award, I would assume that they have lockout days, particularly at this hotel as it will be BOOKED solid. (I seem to recall this regarding a friend who used to work for a different Marriott location and was trying to book a room for Fanime this way.) Things could have changed, or I could be recalling incorrectly.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

venus_ivy

You may want to confirm with the hotel directly - they will know best.

As for associate awards / Marriott employee discounts, I have heard that they tend to be blocked out over the convention in the past. Of course, it's always worth a try!
What do I do for Fanime? I say No!