Vocalekt Visions Vocaloid concert

Started by megamanjoe415, February 18, 2013, 10:44:11 AM

All the vocaloid fans out there, should Fanime have a vocaloid concert by SRP?

Yes
2 (50%)
No
1 (25%)
Not Interested
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
A Must
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

M

Quote from: megamanjoe415 on March 28, 2013, 01:53:57 PMHello and good day,

I have received a notice that Vocalekt Visions were rejected by Fanime this year for the panels and concert. The panel was just a showing on what vocaloid is and if people had questions about them.

The concert was a separate idea that they had and hoped they would have it during fanime as a sponser, which would have been great.

Even though Vocalekt Visions were not able to be part of Fanime, they will still try to make an appearance like they did last year.

Let's hope you please reconsider the idea and let Vocalekt Visions be part of Fanme this year as it would be great for the animated community and vocaloid lovers.

Thank you,
Joseph M.
Hi Joseph,
We have their contact information and if we have any questions, we can contact them directly. We have seen all of the feedback, but please keep in mind that there are some things out of our control when it comes to planning FanimeCon programming.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

megamanjoe415

Hello and good day,

Thank you for messaging back.

Is the programming being done with the staff or is there a specific person to talk to for maybe next time?

Would this be different if they were to submit a request from an earlier date than they had this year, would they be able to be in Fanime? Or they would have to wait till next year?

echoshadow

Sounds like they wanted more than Fanime's budget allowed..
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

M

Quote from: megamanjoe415 on March 28, 2013, 07:59:10 PM
Hello and good day,

Thank you for messaging back.

Is the programming being done with the staff or is there a specific person to talk to for maybe next time?

Would this be different if they were to submit a request from an earlier date than they had this year, would they be able to be in Fanime? Or they would have to wait till next year?
Where they request to perform changes which department (and sometimes division) they contact, so I would prefer not to list out every possible e-mail address that this could be. We created the Event as a means for those that want to run Fan Events to have an option instead of planning events on the side that might or might not have been cleared by us (for reasons such as security, space, etc.).

As for your question about the timing for any year, greatly varies on what resources/staffing/etc. we have available. I wish I could tell anyone that asks about performing anywhere at FanimeCon a simple answer, but it really is quite difficult and the more elaborate the performance, the more difficult it is.

[Kinda ninja edit: Note that out of respect, I can't really comment on anything that they've submitted in detail.]

Tetsuo

Quote from: echoshadow on March 28, 2013, 08:13:09 PM
Sounds like they wanted more than Fanime's budget allowed..

Sounds more like they're holding out on us. Despite having so many registrations from both the recent pre-reg and the after con registration we still have yet to be updated about upcoming events and guests that could/would be making an appearance. You'd think they would have more than enough funds to cover for more guests this year. We're already nearing the day of the con and it feels like these late updates are cheating the con-goers that attend to actually see the guests of honor. Compared to last year's Fanime, this year seems to be running much slower. If all doesn't go as well as many of us would expect and we end up with "last-minute" guests, this year would feel like a complete rip-off.

M

Quote from: Tetsuo on March 29, 2013, 10:42:39 PMSounds more like they're holding out on us. Despite having so many registrations from both the recent pre-reg and the after con registration we still have yet to be updated about upcoming events and guests that could/would be making an appearance. You'd think they would have more than enough funds to cover for more guests this year. We're already nearing the day of the con and it feels like these late updates are cheating the con-goers that attend to actually see the guests of honor. Compared to last year's Fanime, this year seems to be running much slower. If all doesn't go as well as many of us would expect and we end up with "last-minute" guests, this year would feel like a complete rip-off.
There are a lot of different things that go into running a convention. I don't expect everyone on the outside to understand everything and these variables change from convention to convention. I will say, that going around and posting speculation doesn't help anyone and only aids in spreading rumors.

echoshadow

Quote from: Tetsuo on March 29, 2013, 10:42:39 PM
Sounds more like they're holding out on us. Despite having so many registrations from both the recent pre-reg and the after con registration we still have yet to be updated about upcoming events and guests that could/would be making an appearance. You'd think they would have more than enough funds to cover for more guests this year. We're already nearing the day of the con and it feels like these late updates are cheating the con-goers that attend to actually see the guests of honor. Compared to last year's Fanime, this year seems to be running much slower. If all doesn't go as well as many of us would expect and we end up with "last-minute" guests, this year would feel like a complete rip-off.
Well you do have to remember that Fanime is doing two cons at the same time. So as much work as a single con goes fanime staff have twice as much work to do. Which is kind of odd to me, why hold two cons at the same time? As much as I love Steam Punk, I chose Fanime. Its really not fair, I feel like I'm letting the Clockwork Alc. staff down by not attending.

Quote from: MPLe on March 30, 2013, 03:01:30 AM
There are a lot of different things that go into running a convention. I don't expect everyone on the outside to understand everything and these variables change from convention to convention. I will say, that going around and posting speculation doesn't help anyone and only aids in spreading rumors.
But rumors are all we have since there is zero info posted up on the main site and facebook/twitter. Personally I would rather have a lot of "We are working on bringing great guests this year so please wait for further info" instead of a blank site. Hopefully Fanime will bring out a schedule out earlier this year. We all know how that ended up last year.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

M

Quote from: echoshadow on March 30, 2013, 04:37:46 AM
Well you do have to remember that Fanime is doing two cons at the same time. So as much work as a single con goes fanime staff have twice as much work to do. Which is kind of odd to me, why hold two cons at the same time? As much as I love Steam Punk, I chose Fanime. Its really not fair, I feel like I'm letting the Clockwork Alc. staff down by not attending.
Keep in mind that anyone can run X events at the same time with Y staffers. Keep in mind that it is possible to attend both events - we had numerous staffers and attendees attend both. I, personally, think that it's better to have more than enough programming than too little. :P

Quote from: echoshadow on March 30, 2013, 04:37:46 AM
But rumors are all we have since there is zero info posted up on the main site and facebook/twitter. Personally I would rather have a lot of "We are working on bringing great guests this year so please wait for further info" instead of a blank site. Hopefully Fanime will bring out a schedule out earlier this year. We all know how that ended up last year.
Keep in mind that we have ways for you guys and gals to interact with the staff such as posting questions our FB, Twitter, these forums, and in some cases, e-mail. We have been giving steady updates, but there's only so many times you can say "we're working on it" before people come to their own conclusion.

megamanjoe415

Hello and good day,

Sorry for the late reply. I understand it is hard with the current staffing right now and as everything is pretty much behind schedule to ask possibly what could have been done. Since you guys have Vocalekt Visions contact information, maybe one day they will be part of Fanime.

Again, all of the bay area Vocaloid fans out there would enjoy this even if they've seen it already. The energy in these concerts are great and the knowledge about the making can create more people who can love Vocaloid even more.

Thank you for your time,
Joseph M.

PinkHairSasuke

The one at Fanime last year was at the Camera 3, my Rocky Horror cast and I opened for Miku haha

Otaku_Lord

Do they do original goodstuff or english songs?

c2chaos

Quote from: Otaku_Lord on May 16, 2013, 05:19:00 AM
Do they do original goodstuff or english songs?
Vocalekt Visions does some of their own original songs as well as some other popular songs. Songs can be either English or Japanese, based on their original production, i guess.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

megamanjoe415

So, I know this is a really old post, but this would be great for Fanime this year. So Vocalekt Visions changed their name to Synthesized Reality Productions, and this can make a big hype for all the vocaloid fans in the bay area/country.

Lets hope for the best,
Anime_Files

megamanjoe415

So, I know this definitely didn't happen this year, but SRP also known as Synthesized Reality Productions, had 2 vocaloid concerts this year. The first one at KrakenCon 2014 and the second at PMX "Pacific Media Expo". I would love to try to see them next year for Fanime 2015 and would be a great way to get more of the vocaloid fans in the bay area!!! Idk if you still have their contact info, but it would be a great thing to have like in 2012.

MikeColle

the one at kraken con was a joke, having had to work with srp at kraken con, i was personally mistreated and attacked by srps owner, told that our equipment was not good enough and told we had to pay srp to bring their own equipment. they demanded payment before even setting anything up, and then screwed over the djs by telling eveyone that the days events were over when there was still a dance.

M

Thanks for the update to their name. I'll pass this information on.

I would suggest that they try to apply as a Fan Event (information will be put up on the website as we finalize the information).