Swap Meet Questions

Started by keitoghostie, February 28, 2013, 11:26:31 AM

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Ecchi ja Nai on April 22, 2013, 01:10:19 PM
I do wish that Fanime would make their announcements more noticeable.  I stay away from Twitter and don't personally use Facebook, so I'm not getting announcements thrown at me.

If you payed attention about the first introduction, Twitter was announced FIRSTLY to direct Hotel registrations, while the main site Caches from last year.
I dislike twitter, but theres no other choice but to see them as the new "news feed" that announces it ahead of the website!

Now as for the $30 5 x 10?, I wont say it's not a big issue!, but we did demanded for a bigger venue and last year i don't think there was enough space for others to come in.

It's like the Artist alley event, we got a bigger space... yeay, but tht means we need to raise the price!.

I really hope Thursday is a badgeless event because... Fanime doesnt Start until Friday

warbearer

I don't have a paypal account to pay for swap meet. Is there another method?

Hachimitsu

Quote from: warbearer on April 22, 2013, 07:36:28 PM
I don't have a paypal account to pay for swap meet. Is there another method?

YES... by check.. no wait
WESTERN union money order...
...western union is alive right?
its that or go to the post office and request a money order from them...
HOw much they cost now O_o!??
wait do they even accept those?

I mean i doubt you could do a fist bump with your phone and pay them via bump O_o!

Mod edit: we do not accept checks or money orders. Please see the FAQ for payment information.
http://www.fanime.com/registration/artist-alley-faq/

Ecchi ja Nai

Oh man, I must have glossed over that part because I totally missed the Paypal mention.  And I thought I actually read over that post fairly thoroughly.

On the one hand, I guess this would help to speed up the sign-in process a bit, but then how difficult has it been to had over a $20 bill?  Gah!  I mean a twenty AND an additional ten this time.  And what about the folks who don't have a Paypal account?  They're supposed to sign up and assign a credit card or go through the process of adding funds just for this?

What happens if something comes up and a seller can't make it?  Before, if they don't show up, oh well.  They lose their spot and some lucky winner on the waiting list gets a chance to sell.  They weren't there to pay the seller's fee to begin with.  But now if someone can't make it, and they've already registered to sell, they're going to be out thirty bucks?  And that's just if they miss out on one night.

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Ecchi ja Nai on April 22, 2013, 08:35:16 PM
Oh man, I must have glossed over that part because I totally missed the Paypal mention.  And I thought I actually read over that post fairly thoroughly.

On the one hand, I guess this would help to speed up the sign-in process a bit, but then how difficult has it been to had over a $20 bill?  Gah!  I mean a twenty AND an additional ten this time.  And what about the folks who don't have a Paypal account?  They're supposed to sign up and assign a credit card or go through the process of adding funds just for this?

What happens if something comes up and a seller can't make it?  Before, if they don't show up, oh well.  They lose their spot and some lucky winner on the waiting list gets a chance to sell.  They weren't there to pay the seller's fee to begin with.  But now if someone can't make it, and they've already registered to sell, they're going to be out thirty bucks?  And that's just if they miss out on one night.

soo basically what your saying is that this is  going to be like artist alley ^ ^!.. just without the permit deal (well if you have a full version that is)...

I kinda think this is a good move.. and yeah it does sound like it speeds up the sign up process.....
wait, there will be some people to help us locate our spots.. right?

ewu

Paypal will be the only accepted method of payment. Mailed payments (checks and MOs) take weeks to arrive and process, so that we will only get to the waitlist a month after we approve the initial tables. Paypal payments are instant. Sending cash in the mail is not a good thing to do, because of the risks associated with it.

You do not need a paypal account as paypal will take credit card payments without a paypal account.

Quote from: Ecchi ja Nai on April 22, 2013, 08:35:16 PM

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Eurobeat King

3 weeks to go until Fanime is here.   :D

Unfortunately, still no news on when sign-ups will happen.   :P

I've decided to not participate in the Swap Meet for both days, so good luck to everyone doing it this year.   :)

Perhaps next year when everything is more organized like the previous years, I'll do the Swap Meet again.   ;D
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

ewu

We are sorry to see you go! For those still hanging on for news, we are working on it and will post as soon as we can!

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 02, 2013, 09:05:03 AM

I've decided to not participate in the Swap Meet for both days, so good luck to everyone doing it this year.   :)

Perhaps next year when everything is more organized like the previous years, I'll do the Swap Meet again.   ;D
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

clawmaster

so I am going to fanime as part of the press, if I want to sell do I need to say purchase a one day badge for just friday to sell the stuff I have as an attendee and not as press? Also just curious why are several of the events that would be in the main convention center divided up into separate buildings like the Swap meet.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

ewu

Quote from: clawmaster on May 03, 2013, 05:20:25 PM
so I am going to fanime as part of the press, if I want to sell do I need to say purchase a one day badge for just friday to sell the stuff I have as an attendee and not as press? Also just curious why are several of the events that would be in the main convention center divided up into separate buildings like the Swap meet.

That is correct, you must have a paid membership. Industry and press may not participate in the swap meet.

This year, swap meet will actually be back in the convention center. The various moves are because of the lack of space in the convention center. For swap meet specifically, it was a safety issue also.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Eurobeat King

Quote from: ewu on May 02, 2013, 11:08:59 AM
We are sorry to see you go!

Thanks for your wishes.  It's mainly that since I sold the majority of my stuff last year, I don't have as-much stuff this year that would make it worth spending all that time preparing everything, waiting in-line on Thursday for con pre-registration at the Fairmont, head back to the convention center and get my Swap Meet stuff from my car, waiti n-line to check-in for the Swap Meet, only to have my stuff this year not sell.  (Repeat the Swap Meet process on Friday..)  Not being able to sign-up for the Swap Meet to reserve a spot also killed my incentive to start gathering up any of the items I would've liked to sell this year.  :-\
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 02, 2013, 09:05:03 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

awe.. why T_T!?

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 05, 2013, 09:14:28 AM
Quote from: ewu on May 02, 2013, 11:08:59 AM
We are sorry to see you go!

Thanks for your wishes.  It's mainly that since I sold the majority of my stuff last year, I don't have as-much stuff this year that would make it worth spending all that time preparing everything, waiting in-line on Thursday for con pre-registration at the Fairmont, head back to the convention center and get my Swap Meet stuff from my car, waiti n-line to check-in for the Swap Meet, only to have my stuff this year not sell.  (Repeat the Swap Meet process on Friday..)  Not being able to sign-up for the Swap Meet to reserve a spot also killed my incentive to start gathering up any of the items I would've liked to sell this year.  :-\

okay that made some sense O_O!.. awe v_v!

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: ewu on May 03, 2013, 07:51:51 PM
This year, swap meet will actually be back in the convention center. The various moves are because of the lack of space in the convention center. For swap meet specifically, it was a safety issue also.

FYI, the FanimeCon android app says it's in the Fairmont....

StillMyWords

Quote from: Jeimizu on May 20, 2013, 08:17:32 AM

Well that is kind of terrible. I'll see if I can get that fixed. In the meantime, SWAP MEET IS IN EXHIBIT HALL 1 FOR FANIMECON 2013
FanimeCon 2013 Fan Services Staff
Swap Meet Head

Sen

Quote from: Jeimizu on May 20, 2013, 08:17:32 AM

Yes we caught this earlier and fixed a few things in the back end. I believe the changes should be propagating through the app as we speak.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07