Cosplay Spectacular 2013

Started by Dany, March 07, 2013, 08:06:50 PM

Dany

Any news on this? i am a bit surprised that we are into March and there has not yet been anything that I was able to pull up for this year on it. We will not be participating this year (need some downtime for other project stuff) but I know others are probably wondering what the plan is.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Fi-Fi

I was going to make a post asking this same question today... any word on who is running it or at least if there is going to be one this year?? It isn't easy pulling together a skit not knowing if we will even be able to perform it.  I hope we will hear something soon!

M

While I do not have exact details, I can confirm that it's being worked on.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Mad_Hatters_Queen

Hello Eveyone! Sorry for the delays on updates about the Masquerade, first off there will be one this year  ;D and we will be posting registration information by March 25th. Thank you for being patient with us; if you have any questions please post them and I will try to answer them as quickly as possible.
Extravaganza Division Director

CeruleanRogue

I had a question about badges for Masquerade, since this will be my first Fanime.  I'll be applying for a professional badge since I'm part of a press site.  I've heard mixed about Pro badges and Masquerade, would I need to purchase a day badge or similar in order to compete?  Thanks!

ga-ko

Hello,

I saw that you mentioned that the registration would be posted by march 25, but if you know already, have any of the rules changed from last year that would be important to know? Such as did the time limit change or any weapon rules that are specific for the Cosplay Spectacular?

Thank you very much!

Mad_Hatters_Queen

Hello Hello,

So there hasn't been much change to the rules the only one we decided to alter is the "Asian Only " rule ; we are going to allow Asian influenced comic , animation, video game inspired skits. If you have anymore questions please ask ;).

[Edit by MPLe: I have edited this post. Please see my post below for more information.]
Extravaganza Division Director

azreale

SO registration goes up TODAY? WHERE AND WHEN will we be notified of this happening? this seems like VERY late notice.
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

souseiseki

When will the times be posted and place to register online? i agree with az in that this is really late notice
Hey whats up! I am Sasu ^-^

I am a proud member of the cosplay group Moral Insanity Cosplay! weeeeee

Moral Insanity's Deviant Art
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com

My Deviant Art
http://sasukecrazedfangirl.deviantart.com

M

Information on HOW to register will be going up as early as today with a date and time of when the event's registration WILL be opening. I'll update this post as soon as that information is put up on the website.

luluko

If I'm not mistaken masquerade registration went up in April of last year... let's all be patient and polite and remember that con staff have a lot on their plates.

azreale

I understand that there's a lot on their plates, especially with construction and all, I just panicked when I was the post that said it opened today  :-\ a misunderstanding I suppose. I don't mean to be rude, just panicked and thought I'd have to pull an all nighter, just stress getting to me =,=;
I'm sure everything will end up great in the long run though ^^

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

luluko

I got all excited and thought registration went up today too. ^^; Then I re-read it. I'm just happy that the ball will finally be rolling. I'm pumped to enter this year.

azreale

Agreed! I've been working on something big for this year and can't wait!

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

azreale

Maybe... can anyone help me with an answer to a question? I'm registered in a group, but I'm not the group leader. and therefore don't have a fanime account for this year...can i still reg for the C.S.?  if so how? do i have to get my group leader to register for me? o.o

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Nazo

unfortunately I dont know anything about the needing to be group leader or anything but if I had to guess I dont think you have to be. I feel as long as you have a badge and register for the event it should be fine, but I could be wrong.

maybe you guys can help me out though. Does anyone know the size of the stage? my friend and I are trying to get our footing and distance down but its kind of hard to do not knowing the dimensions we have to work with.
"I WILL COSPLAY THIS ONE DAY" I say as I never start on the cosplay ever

luluko

Quote from: crazymiggz on March 27, 2013, 08:33:42 PM
unfortunately I dont know anything about the needing to be group leader or anything but if I had to guess I dont think you have to be. I feel as long as you have a badge and register for the event it should be fine, but I could be wrong.

maybe you guys can help me out though. Does anyone know the size of the stage? my friend and I are trying to get our footing and distance down but its kind of hard to do not knowing the dimensions we have to work with.

if it's anything like last year they'll have a practice space the size of the stage that you'll be free to work with, I know that doesn't really help you in the meantime but it's better than finding out when you go on for your performance.

M

Quote from: azreale on March 25, 2013, 04:27:12 PM
Maybe... can anyone help me with an answer to a question? I'm registered in a group, but I'm not the group leader. and therefore don't have a fanime account for this year...can i still reg for the C.S.?  if so how? do i have to get my group leader to register for me? o.o
You should be fine.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that the rules are now up on our website.

DayDreamerNessa

Is there any word on who the coordinator is, or plans to announce who's taken up the role?

Quote from: MPLe on March 28, 2013, 11:27:55 AM
Quote from: azreale on March 25, 2013, 04:27:12 PM
You should be fine.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that the rules are now up on our website.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

M

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on March 28, 2013, 12:12:03 PM
Is there any word on who the coordinator is, or plans to announce who's taken up the role?
My magic crystal is telling me: "Jack", "Ken", and "Stephanie".