Cosplay Spectacular 2013

Started by Dany, March 07, 2013, 08:06:50 PM

CeruleanRogue

Quote from: kimu on April 02, 2013, 09:32:00 AM
I appreciate the not delaying the entry process, however there's a lot of vagueness I'd love to see clarified.
The current rules as posted do not match up with the email system you're using regarding entry information.

1) Will there be another follow up email that doesn't just acknowledge our email was received, but confirming we have a slot for the competition, or that we ended up on the waiting list?

2) How will we, or don't we need to submit more detailed information about the group members, characters, stage props, and other info that was traditionally asked of us?

3) How will we request craftsmanship judging?

Thank you for any procedural clarifications!

I had the same questions.  It was honestly a real surprise loading the site yesterday and seeing an e-mail address to send my Masquerade entry to, as opposed to a webform.  I'd also like to know the answers to these questions.

M

Quote from: CeruleanRogue on April 02, 2013, 02:03:37 PM
I appreciate the not delaying the entry process, however there's a lot of vagueness I'd love to see clarified.
The current rules as posted do not match up with the email system you're using regarding entry information.

1) Will there be another follow up email that doesn't just acknowledge our email was received, but confirming we have a slot for the competition, or that we ended up on the waiting list?

2) How will we, or don't we need to submit more detailed information about the group members, characters, stage props, and other info that was traditionally asked of us?

I had the same questions.  It was honestly a real surprise loading the site yesterday and seeing an e-mail address to send my Masquerade entry to, as opposed to a webform.  I'd also like to know the answers to these questions.
I have sent the messenger pigeon to get the attention of our Cosplay department heads. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

CeruleanRogue

Quote from: MPLe on April 02, 2013, 04:32:54 PM
Quote from: CeruleanRogue on April 02, 2013, 02:03:37 PM

I have sent the messenger pigeon to get the attention of our Cosplay department heads. :)

Thanks for all your help, MPLe.  Waiting patiently to hear back from them.

der Glitzkrieg

Another question: there's conflicting info about Walk-ons/display entries. It says that display entries need to provide audio, but there's also going to be a fashion show segment with all display entries lumped together with pre-selected music. If we're doing a display entry, we're allowed to submit our own music, correct?

kimu

Tomorrow it will be one week since we submitted our registration email request.
Can we get an estimate on WHEN we will get actual confirmation on our entries and responses for the questions we're asking? I don't know if you have to wait for a staff meeting or something, but communication to us would be very helpful!
Thank you!

CeruleanRogue

Is there still no word on any of our questions?  This is information that would be extremely helpful to us, a response would be greatly appreciated.

der Glitzkrieg

Yeah, it's been nearly a week since any questions were answered. Any word?

luluko

starting to think it might have been worth the wait to get the system from last year up and running, since we seem to be waiting anyway...
I'm trying to be patient but I am starting to get nervous like everyone else.

M

Just a small update that our Cosplay group is aware of this thread. They are dealing with some other high level priority things and will get to this post as soon as they can.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

luluko

Quote from: MPLe on April 10, 2013, 09:07:21 PM
Just a small update that our Cosplay group is aware of this thread. They are dealing with some other high level priority things and will get to this post as soon as they can.

thank you for the update.

Csailoranime

Hi ppl just want to tell you all we will soon post up the list up for Masquerade really soon!we right now organizing the list so be patient with us were working as fast as we can. thanks

Jack Head of Masquerade

der Glitzkrieg

Are we going to get answers to our questions soon? It's been over two weeks now since I asked a question that can be answered with a yes or no. Should I email someone instead to get a faster response?

inoli

Jack,

I'm uncertain if there has been a shift in who oversees the Cosplay Spectacular between this year and last year. While I understand if there has been a switch in position, I  feel that waiting till less then a month till the event to alert those competing is unprofessional. Those of us who have competed in the past are used to a larger leeway with time frames so we can plan our Fanime Experience. Those of us who run events like photoshoots, gatherings and panels need more time so we can adequately plan our other obligations.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I would appreciate a quick resolution to our questions such as; Who has made it into the competition, who is on the wait list, what times Craftsmanship judging will be available and if there will be an opportunity for an onstage walk through?

With 31 days between us and Fanime we would appreciate answers as soon as they become available.
Thank you for your time, Inoli

luluko

CeruleanRogue

Quote from: inoli on April 22, 2013, 03:33:52 PM
Jack,

I'm uncertain if there has been a shift in who oversees the Cosplay Spectacular between this year and last year. While I understand if there has been a switch in position, I  feel that waiting till less then a month till the event to alert those competing is unprofessional. Those of us who have competed in the past are used to a larger leeway with time frames so we can plan our Fanime Experience. Those of us who run events like photoshoots, gatherings and panels need more time so we can adequately plan our other obligations.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I would appreciate a quick resolution to our questions such as; Who has made it into the competition, who is on the wait list, what times Craftsmanship judging will be available and if there will be an opportunity for an onstage walk through?

With 31 days between us and Fanime we would appreciate answers as soon as they become available.
Thank you for your time, Inoli

Very well put.  Thank you for this.

I'm going to be incredibly blunt.  This is totally unacceptable coming from a convention that has been as well-regarded as Fanime.  Every day that passes without any sort of word or answers to peoples' questions is one less day they can spend on preparing for the event.  And with making my own costume for Masquerade, I know all too well about the time and energy involved in preparing for the event.  I expect so much better from a convention like this, and it's a total let-down for someone who will be attending for the first time this year.

kimu

I hope this won't be a sign of what we will go through when we actually get to the convention for this year's competition.

I really enjoyed competing at Fanime two years ago, and that's why I wanted to compete here again. The onsite check in, the rehearsal and the actual competition went very smoothly for us; it was a lot of fun. Loved the Stage Pirate crew, too!
But this year?
New management for the competition or not, three weeks is enough. We need some answers so we can finish planning. I'd like to know that we're going be assured of a spot and craftsmanship judging after all the effort going into these costumes and our skit planning. Or else we can kick back and relax because we didn't get a spot.

der Glitzkrieg

I competed in 2009 and everything from signing up to onsite check-in to rehearsal to actually performing was fantastic. Everything ran smoothly, I knew when to expect what, and it was so much fun. I haven't had a chance to return to the con since then since I live out-of-state. I was hoping for a similar experience this year, but this is dampening those expectations. I understand logistic problems and other general mishaps, but it's been three weeks since a question has been answered -- this is unacceptable. We don't even know who's actually in the show, at this point, a little more than a month until the con.

Can we please get some answers soon?

Angelx624

Well, looks like they just sent out the email, as I just got it a couple minutes ago.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

der Glitzkrieg

I received my confirmation, as well. Hopefully this means answers for everyone's questions sometime soon.

kimu

This is concerning, I registered my group very early on--5 minutes after reg opened--and if other have been getting emails 2 hours ago? I don't have an email yet....