Cosplay Spectacular 2013

Started by Dany, March 07, 2013, 08:06:50 PM

luluko

Fashwiing

I got one, but it was e-mailed to my secondary e-mail that I only check once a week (instead of my main one, which I check every day, and that I used to sign up for the event in the first place...) so I didn't actually find it until just a little bit ago.

Guess I've been waitlisted, I do hope someone doesn't show so I can do something with this monstrous velvet evening gown besides stand around and look pretty.
Tentative 2015 lineup includes 90's Rogue (X-Men), Historical Rapunzel (Tangled), Maki Nishikino (Love Live), Daedalus F-302 pilot (Stargate Atlantis)

Fi-Fi

I got my email saying we got in... now, to wait to find out how to send in audio, sign up for judging... all the fun stuff.

kimu

I have submitted an email query back to Jack. As of this morning I have not received any emails about confirmation or waitlisted.
This is extremely frustrating to not know what is going on. 

CeruleanRogue

Fingers crossed for you, Kimu.  I hope you hear something back soon.

I got my e-mail as well, so I'm in.  Should be interesting.

pantsu

got my email, but I'm getting really worried about craftsmanship judging times...it takes me about 3 hours to do my makeup and get into my costume/complex wig, so I REALLY need a Sunday judging time.  Anything else is not do-able for me.

Also some more info for the display entries would be nice....I know I'll have a 30 second music clip, but the website seems to have conflicting info about display entries.

I'd be more frustrated if my costume wasn't basically finished....but, really Fanime.  Not cool.  I understand you've got a ton of crap to do, but isn't the Masquerade the biggest event with regards to cosplay?  Seems like this should be up there in the priority list.
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

luluko

I e-mailed back asking for information on craftsmanship judging, hopefully that elicits a quick response.

inoli

Well *sigh* I know I feel the Masquerade is a bit neglected.

Perhaps the Cosplayers need to help out with some of the organization?

Respond back with our usual entrance stuff:
Skit/walk on summary
Who's in the skit
stage Ninjas provided
Include time/day preferences for craftsmanship judging.

luluko

I got a response saying that there is a form to fill out on the website, but I don't see any such thing. We'll see if I get a link to it.

pantsu

Quote from: luluko on April 24, 2013, 05:35:09 PM
I got a response saying that there is a form to fill out on the website, but I don't see any such thing. We'll see if I get a link to it.

The only form on the website is the judging form where you fill out your name, character info, etc.

Does not bode well for scheduling judging.  Argh.
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

kimu

So my email query this morning got me a one-line response of we're "in".
But I agree, one hurdle is over for us which is did we make it in or waitlisted, but I really want to be sure we are able to get registered for craftsmanship.
*crossing fingers and burning fabric offerings to the cosplay competition gods*

MikanCos

so i got an email, time to practice i guess. Is there a day calendar that organizes when, time/ where we're supposed to meet before the masquerade? and is the room for checking in and turning in our stuff the same room as last year?
Fanime Mascot Candy (5 years)
Previously StageZero Performer (Now SZ Staff!)

luluko

Quote from: pantsu on April 24, 2013, 05:54:01 PM
Quote from: luluko on April 24, 2013, 05:35:09 PM

The only form on the website is the judging form where you fill out your name, character info, etc.

Does not bode well for scheduling judging.  Argh.

that's what I received in response. still no place to list skit/walk-on information and all the other details...

luluko

and I got a response back saying that I just have to e-mail in my skit information? seems unorganized...

MikanCos

Quote from: luluko on April 24, 2013, 07:50:46 PM
and I got a response back saying that I just have to e-mail in my skit information? seems unorganized...

they have a lot of stuff on their hands right now. ^^"
I sent basic information (check stage zero email format), using that email them. but remove some parts of it( like the time request part or the part thta get's posted online). After I did this I got an email saying "thank you for the information, see you at con" or something like that.

CeruleanRogue

That really does.  Seriously, I'm worried this is turning into one gigantic mess.  =\

luluko

Quote from: 01 on April 24, 2013, 07:56:22 PM

they have a lot of stuff on their hands right now. ^^"
I sent basic information (check stage zero email format), using that email them. but remove some parts of it( like the time request part or the part thta get's posted online). After I did this I got an email saying "thank you for the information, see you at con" or something like that.

I completely understand that they have a lot to contend with - I have worked for conventions before and I very well understand the stresses that come with such a thankless job. I have been very patient and understanding thus far.

But considering how organized it has been even just last year, the way things are being handled this year is incredibly frustrating. The fact that we don't have so much as a simple Google Docs form with which to enter basic information and request judging times is extremely unnerving. (I understand being busy, but surely taking the time to have one form for containing everyone's information would make things much easier on the masquerade staff?)

I hesitate to use the word "unacceptable" as has been used in this forum before, but it's certainly not what has come to be expected of Fanime. All I can hope is that everyone's at-con masquerade experience goes much smoother.

CeruleanRogue

All of what you said, luluko.  Very nicely put.

I also want to say, I'm really happy we all seem to have one another's backs on all of this.  We're all watching out for each other on this thread, working to try and figure out answers during a really frustrating time.  As sappy as it may sound, I look forward to meeting everyone in this thread at Masquerade.  :D

MikanCos

could it be because of the decreased amount of experienced long-time fanimecon staffers? it seems that way. they also opened pre-reg late this year..

^^" anywho, i do hope you all get they email you are awaiting.

kimu

The best way would be for the official cosplay contest staff to post to everyone at the same time what they want from us next. Their email system appears to be only partially functional, as I had to actually initiate contact to confirm my group was in the contest v. waitlisted.

The fact we have not been asked to submit group members' names, the series and characters, stage prop and/or ninja info we might have, as well as the by-now-infamous how do we request craftsmanship judging time slots...? I can't imagine trying to sumbit all this at the con itself.
And if we all just take it upon ourselves from prior competition experiences to randomly start submitting information to them, will they even retain it? We'd all be submitting information in a variety of ways which I can't imagine would help them either.

And I appreciate too that everyone is trying to work together here while we flounder in confusion!!