Cosplay Spectacular 2013

Started by Dany, March 07, 2013, 08:06:50 PM

^oh, their facebook and twitter seem to be working for messaging. try there maybe?

Tenkage

Speaking as someone who's competing at Fanime for the first time- albeit with a group of people who have competed before- it seems that these delays are completely against the norm for the convention. I'd heard from my friends before how well-run the competition was, but now it seems to be a major mess, and a total 180 from what it was. I was, and still am, really looking forward to the competition, since this is my first time not just competing here, but with my friends, as well, so it's very concerning to me.

der Glitzkrieg

It took me sending an email to the cosplay staff to get a response. I recommend that anyone else who hasn't had their question answered yet take it directly to email or other means of contact. We shouldn't have to do this just to get simple answers, but it seems to be the only way.

azreale

You asked alot of the questions i was wondering... mind sharing the answers you got?
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

der Glitzkrieg

Ah, you might have me confused for another poster, but I'll share the answer I got. I asked about walk-ons/display only entries being able to use their own music. If you are a walk-on/display only entry, you are allowed to use your own music.

CeruleanRogue

As an FYI, I sent them an e-mail asking about craftsmanship and sending them additional/updated information.  I'll let y'all know if/when I get a reply.  :)

Angelx624

I agree in this being a total mess. The Masquerade used to be so well run and everything, even though the other years I've been in the Masquerade, I wasn't the one submitting the information, so this is my first time doing so.

I'm also glad we can all help each other and are supportive of one another. ^^ Can't wait to meet you guys during Cosplay Spectacular.

I guess I should reply to the email I was sent to find out if my group is waitlisted or not. He did say we were in, but it's best to make sure.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

pantsu

I just emailed about scheduling craftsmanship judging, so we'll see what they send back.
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

CeruleanRogue

I just got a reply from Jack.  For Craftsmanship, he just pointed me to the form on the Fanime website.  (I replied asking how we sign up for Craftsmanship judging, since there's nothing on the website for that.)  He also said to e-mail changes to them.  I kinda feel like he didn't even read my e-mail, just skimmed over it and replied in slightly broken English.  (No issue with language spoken, but it seems there might be a communication barrier here somehow.)

*sigh*

Csailoranime

Hi

sorry i haven't been on but let me answer questions for you

1) The Craftsmanship judging times
   Friday: 2pm- 5 Pm at the Santa Clara Room at the Hilton
  saturday: 2pm - 5pm "                                               "
  Sunday: 9 am- 11 am"                                                "
              1pm - 3pm at the Civic auditorium

Just send an email at [email protected] what time you want to be schedule for judging

2) If you want to change skit title, send a summary, stage directions, number of ninjas etcs... Just email us at [email protected]

we will make sure everything will be done for when you arrived to FanimeCon 2013

Thanks a lot
Jack Chau
Head of Masquerade

Csailoranime

Oh one more thing don't forget give us your  name and the name of your cosplay for Craftsmanship Judging

Thanks again
Jack

CeruleanRogue

Thanks, Jack.  I sent an e-mail, but forgot my name and cosplay name.  I'm drafting that message right now.

And thanks for popping on here and letting folks know what to do.  It's been a little frustrating not knowing for the past few weeks.

azreale

Sent in my time request, hopefully i can get that time... Friday at 2 is the only time I can do judging =.= 

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Okach

FYI to people: Staff turnover occurred this year for many departments, so sluggishness is going to result.  Email directly as recommended in this thread and someone will see and hopefully address your concern. 
Staff Instructor since 2010. 
Staff Marketing Lead since 2018
Staff Marketing Second

https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Csailoranime

Hi Attendees

If you are in Craftsmanship judging you will need:
* 1-2 Reference photos of the character they are portraying.  One of these reference photos should show the full profile of the character from head to toe.  Ideally the second one shows the back or focuses on another detail of the costume. 
* 3-5 In Progress photos of their costume construction to document that they worked on making the costume.  Ideally one of these photos will show the contestant working on the costume piece. 
These print outs may be held for the duration of the masquerade, and can be claimed from the masquerade coordinator after the masquerade is over. 

If you have question please send a email at [email protected]
thanks
Jack Chau
Head of Masquerade

Fi-Fi

Do you also want a write up? Or just fill out this form? And I assume on the form when it asks "How many conventions have you participated in a costume competition" you are asking how many times I have been in a costume competition, because how many cons is 3, but how many times I have been in a contest is around 8. Different questions, different answers.

Jazqui

I find it really unprofessional that rules and guidelines are being posted on the forum thread and not being sent to the contestants via email. If someone in my group hadn't been stalking this thread, we would have no clue about any of this. A couple of our members didn't even know there WERE forums before she started linking us to updates.

The staff should be emailing the skit groups to ensure they receive the information they need and not posting them here where only half the contestants will see them. I have been doing masquerades at Fanime for a long time but if this gets much worse I may not bother entering next year.

azreale

Quote from: bisouspapillon on May 05, 2013, 08:36:06 PM
I find it really unprofessional that rules and guidelines are being posted on the forum thread and not being sent to the contestants via email. If someone in my group hadn't been stalking this thread, we would have no clue about any of this. A couple of our members didn't even know there WERE forums before she started linking us to updates.

The staff should be emailing the skit groups to ensure they receive the information they need and not posting them here where only half the contestants will see them. I have been doing masquerades at Fanime for a long time but if this gets much worse I may not bother entering next year.
I actually did receive an email with the information posted here, perhaps they have your  email wrong? i received my email before they even posted here. o.o

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Jazqui

Oh. Well, I know when we were getting confirmation emails a week or two ago, I hadn't received one, so I emailed about it and was basically told I should have received a mass email, but I'm apparently not on this mailing list--neither were several of my friends who are participating but we all were confirmed? And I guess Jack or whoever else never mad any attempt to fix this, which is still pretty disappointing.

Csailoranime

Hi everyone,

The convention is around the corner and i hope everyone close to finishing your skit/walk on. I have to announce to you all.

1) I need all your Introduction to your skit/ walk on if you have one

2) If you have audio it would  be wonderful  if you send us one so we can have a back up for your skit/walk on. remember to put your name or group name and songs name too.

3) I need your Light direction for your skit/ walk on. example: i want a slow five-second fade-in at the beginning and a half-second fast fade-out at the end

4) I announcing the open rehearsal time to all of you if you need it

Friday 24th
12 am - 2pm at Santa Clara room at Hilton hotel
saturday 25th
9am - 2pm at Santa Clara room at Hilton hotel
Sunday 26th
8 am - 11 am at santa Clara room at Hilton hotel
optional 1pm - 3pm at civic Auditorium

5) the walk - ons  i just need you audio if you have it or you can hand us one at the convention with your name or groups name and name of song

if you already send us all your information then your all set to go!!!

I see you all at the convention

Jack Chau
Head of Masquerade