Cowboy Bebop complete DVD set

Started by casker, March 17, 2013, 12:41:32 PM

casker

Hello! Anyone know if there's a chance that the complete Cowboy Bebop DVD set will be sold? If so, any idea what the price range would be for it? Thanks n_n

dfens

It might be possible if a dealer has one left over unsold so you may luck out. No one here can say for sure unless they are a going to be a seller at this years con. The biggest problem is it's out of print and will make it much harder to find and will raise the normal price for it.

At previous cons I think it sold new for 35-40 dollars when it was still available.

Just looking on Ebay it is selling for a minimum of 50-70 dollars used. So if you have to have it new and if the seller knows it's out of print then I would expect it to be in the 90-100 plus dollar range minimum, that's what I would charge. But most will be used sets, and these prices won't be valid if you want the older super rarer chipboard set with the singles and music CD.

Your best bet is Ebay as long as you're willing to spend 50-100 dollars you'll win one.

And no my set is not for sale unless they release the Blu-Rays in North America.

Ecchi ja Nai

You might also have a (better?) chance finding a set at swap meet.  I've been surprised at some of the complete sets that have popped up, though the prices people ask for will vary greatly.  I still want to kill my friend who found a complete series set of Card Captor Sakura - and I'm not talking about a HK bootleg - for either $40 or $60 last year.

djmonolith

Quote from: dfens on March 20, 2013, 02:34:35 PM
the older super rarer chipboard set with the singles and music CD.

What is that???  I don't think I have ever seen that.  Does it have different cover art too?
This is my signature.

echoshadow

If you do want the cowboy bebop box set I say look for the Remix version. Its a remastered edition but with 5.1 Japanese and English soundtrack compared to the old 2.0 original. Your ears will thank you for it.

Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

casker

ahh it's a shame it's out of production u_u thanks for all your thorough help, guys!

dfens

Forgot about this thread djmonolith but way back when Cowboy Bebop first came out it was 6 single DVD's. Then they had a super nice chipboard box set of the 6 singles which also included a CD sountrack, that one was a nice sealable black box with some nice artwork on the outside and it had a spot for the CD. It was super expensive back then I think it was about $180.00ish or as high as $200.00 dollars. This was back when I was a teenager and anime region 1 DVD's where justing hitting the market so you were paying 25-40 dollars a disc.

djmonolith

Quote from: dfens on April 24, 2013, 04:28:10 PM
Forgot about this thread djmonolith but way back when Cowboy Bebop first came out it was 6 single DVD's. Then they had a super nice chipboard box set of the 6 singles which also included a CD sountrack, that one was a nice sealable black box with some nice artwork on the outside and it had a spot for the CD. It was super expensive back then I think it was about $180.00ish or as high as $200.00 dollars. This was back when I was a teenager and anime region 1 DVD's where justing hitting the market so you were paying 25-40 dollars a disc.

Thanks for the reply!  It sounds like a super nice set... I will need to continue being happy with my 6 individual DVDs.  Still my favorite series after all these years.
This is my signature.