Press Badge and Masquerade

Started by CeruleanRogue, March 27, 2013, 02:27:59 PM

CeruleanRogue

Sorry if this has been answered in some format.  I have looked over all the appropriate FAQs and information and still didn't find this answer.

I have the opportunity to attend Fanime this year with a Press badge.  Looking at the Press information & FAQs I see that Press badge holders cannot participate in Masquerade (understandable).  If one does have a Press badge and wishes to participate in Masquerade, can they purchase any form of an attendee badge and participate?  Or is it a 'Press badge OR Attendee badge, not both' sort of thing?  I have no issue purchasing a day badge with my Press badge (if allowed) or purchasing a full weekend attendee badge (if it's the 'either/or' scenario), I just want to make sure I'm following the rules properly.  Thanks!

M

Quote from: CeruleanRogue on March 27, 2013, 02:27:59 PM
Sorry if this has been answered in some format.  I have looked over all the appropriate FAQs and information and still didn't find this answer.

I have the opportunity to attend Fanime this year with a Press badge.  Looking at the Press information & FAQs I see that Press badge holders cannot participate in Masquerade (understandable).  If one does have a Press badge and wishes to participate in Masquerade, can they purchase any form of an attendee badge and participate?  Or is it a 'Press badge OR Attendee badge, not both' sort of thing?  I have no issue purchasing a day badge with my Press badge (if allowed) or purchasing a full weekend attendee badge (if it's the 'either/or' scenario), I just want to make sure I'm following the rules properly.  Thanks!
Hello,
I didn't realize that you had also sent a FB message to us and answered your question there. We generally prefer to have our attendees only carry around one badge type overall.

[Edit: Let me talk to our Extravaganzas division head and figure this out and get back to you.]
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

CeruleanRogue

Not to worry, MPLe.  I realize FaceBook is a bit screwy at times and wanted to ask here in case it ate my message.  Thanks.

M

If you are a professional member (that is, you have a press or industry badge), you can purchase a one-day pass in order to participate. However, keep in mind that you will not be able to go in between the press area and the prep area during the masquerade.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

CeruleanRogue

Quote from: MPLe on March 31, 2013, 01:05:19 PM
If you are a professional member (that is, you have a press or industry badge), you can purchase a one-day pass in order to participate. However, keep in mind that you will not be able to go in between the press area and the prep area during the masquerade.

Thank you for finding out about this, MPLe.  I just found out today that the main editors in charge of Press coverage will not be attending Fanime.  As a result, they have asked that I register as a regular attendee (though I'll still be providing photos and Podcast coverage after the convention).  So this year it's a mildly moot point for me, but it may come up next year if our full team attends.

Again, I appreciate you looking into this for me.  It's good to know for future events.  ^_^