Magi Gathering 2016

Started by MaigoLily, March 27, 2013, 05:38:01 PM

Naiagu

@_@ Finally got around to posting!!!

I'll be cosplaying as:
Magnostadt Sphintus Carmen

My friend Magetastic will be with me as Magnostadt Aladdin and possibly another friend as Magnostadt Tidus (not sure if my Tidus can make the gathering but will try!)
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

ghoulpixel

I'll probably be there as your Judal!
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

MaigoLily

Time and location have been confirmed!

Cordelia

I finally dealt with account reg so I can finALLY say I'll (99% confirmed) be there as Kougyoku! Just gotta fix up my wig

ironstitchcosplay

Myself (Holly) and my friend Paige will be Alibaba (me) and Aladdin (her)! Both from season 1~

Also, the FB event page was not accessible, was it deleted, or is it not set to public?

Hikari Renge

Can't wait to see everyone there!

@ironstitchcosplayI have no idea about the FB page, I wasn't able to access it either. :/
Fri: Casual
Sat: Nelliel Tu Odelschwank (Bleach)
Sun: Genderbent!Sinbad, High King of the Seven Seas (Magi)
Mon: Casual

MaigoLily

Sorry I've been out for a while with testing.

As for the events, I'm not really sure how to open it to public because it only shows the option open invite which is friends of those invited can join. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hikari Renge

I hope your tests went well!

Hmm, shouldn't it be able to set the events page to public? Otherwise if it's set to private no one can really get into it unless invited...
Fri: Casual
Sat: Nelliel Tu Odelschwank (Bleach)
Sun: Genderbent!Sinbad, High King of the Seven Seas (Magi)
Mon: Casual

MaigoLily

I don't think I'm able to fix it, but all the information will be here. lol I really don't know how to work FB.

haruhaneko

I'm not sure if you guys are doing manga spoilers, but I'll be around as Sheba!
2017 Lineup:
Friday: Maid Class Sakura (Fire Emblem Fates)
Saturday AM: Kagura / PM: Yume no Tobira Rin
Sunday AM: Asui Tsuyu / PM: Koizumi Mahiru
Monday: Watanabe You(?)

Lady Fetus

Hi, I don't know if it's too late to say something but I'll be there as Judal.

ironstitchcosplay

Quote from: MaigoLily on April 21, 2015, 10:11:45 PM
I don't think I'm able to fix it, but all the information will be here. lol I really don't know how to work FB.

Under Privacy, when you edit the event, there should be a public option.

MaigoLily

Thanks again, for the great year! Please check out the second post for more!

Metasheep

Sorry for taking so long to post these.  Here are my pics from the meet up: https://www.flickr.com/photos/metasheep/sets/72157654169470265

MaigoLily

Thank you so much Metasheep!

Does anyone know if there were Fanime photographers this year? The slickpic ones. I had issues with them not showing up last year and it seems I didn't see them this year either. Can't find any photos either.

Hinata

I have two Magi Characters I want to cosplay as this year, is this gathering going to happen this year or no? o-o
Meow!

MaigoLily

Yes! The gathering will be making it's last round this year, on the same day, but possibly an earlier time.
Apparently the system is going to be different this year so I am not sure how it is going to work, but I will do my best.

Hinata

Yay!! I hope it all works out, I have Kouha ready and partly a Morgiana and a Hakuryuu and been thinking if I should try to do Hakuei too but for the gathering I will go with who ever we need the most to make it more fun I think it will be more fun to have as many as the characters as possible. I also have someone who wants to cosplay Magi with me so I hope he will be there with me ^///^ 
So this will be the last Magi gathering ever? D:
Meow!

MaigoLily

The new method is a little unclear to me (after all I've been following the old format for 3 years and I'm pretty busy) so honestly I don't know if it will happen this year. The turnout for this gathering has been slowly declining, but the series is moving towards an end so it would be nice to hold a gathering. It has been 3 years and it is about time that I move on to greater projects, so this may be the last gathering I will be running, but I am willing to give the position to anyone who wants to take over. (Preferably, I'd have them as a Assistant Organizer this year for a smooth transition.) I am willing to extend the opportunity to anyone willing to help me run the event!

MaigoLily

I haven't gotten many responses for cosplayers wanting to attend this gathering it is likely that there will not be a gathering this year. I will however leave this open until mid-April in case there are people wanting to attend.

I don't want to jump the gun, but thank you for the great run these past 3 years. Thank you for all the support! I was young and inexperienced, I made a lot of mistakes, but we had our good share of ups and downs. The Magi community will always have a special place in my heart. If you see me around, feel free to come up for a chat! And someone please talk to me about the new Magi updates lol xD