Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U & 3DS)

Started by Reyak, March 28, 2013, 10:49:52 PM

Reyak

Quote from: Keiko on May 16, 2013, 10:12:30 AM
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to give you all the information about the official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS gathering for Fanime 2013. It will also be listed in the Gaming Hall page for Fanime's website soon :D There doesn't seem to be much Monster Hunter presence at Fanime, but let's change that, yeah?

When: Fanime Day 2 (Saturday) at 6PM
Where: Gaming Hall's handheld area (If this crowd is anything like the Capcom-unity event players, we'll be loud and yelling about Brachydios; we'll make ourselves seen for sure)
Who: You and your hunting party

If you have any Monster Hunter cosplay, we can treat this gathering as a mini unofficial cosplay gathering as well. As mentioned before, I will be in Azuros gear and have a Queenblaster bow with me; I guess that'll be a landmarker too!

If you have a spare power strip/ surge protector/ 3DS chargers feel free to bring them; it isn't clear if Fanime's handheld section will have these, so just in case they don't any extras would surely be appreciated! Please be sure to label your belongings if you intend to let others share it.

Hope to see you all there ^^

Hope we can get a big crowd :)
See everyone at the con.

Lordsnow

the only thing stopping me from constantly playing is my schooling ....

it's just epic
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Reyak

Quote from: Lordsnow on March 30, 2013, 11:31:43 PM
the only thing stopping me from constantly playing is my schooling ....

it's just epic

It really was the reason i bought my 3DS. Roughly 40 hours in so far.
(Although i am on spring break currently)

Lordsnow

same here.. bought my 3ds for this and.. Fire emblem. How far along have you gotten?
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

Reyak

Still havent touched any of the guild quests, but am on the last couple of 5-star village quests before Ceadeus.

Reyak

Made it to G-rank quests and about 80 hours in.
No one else playing?

Elimeno

there  are  actually  quite a  bit  of  hunters  who  go  to fanime,  but  very  few  are  active  on  the  boards.  I  myself  just  hit HR4  in  the  online  portion  and  barely  got kayamba  on  the  village  quests.
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

Reyak

Quote from: Elimeno on April 18, 2013, 01:44:11 PM
there  are  actually  quite a  bit  of  hunters  who  go  to fanime,  but  very  few  are  active  on  the  boards.  I  myself  just  hit HR4  in  the  online  portion  and  barely  got kayamba  on  the  village  quests.
Oh okay. That's pretty cool then.
Curious to see how many guild cards i'd pick up

Keiko

Hello!

I've currently got 60+ hours in, just repelled Ceadeus because I am very slow offline orz I'm only HR 6 too; G Rank is no joke! I attended the Capcom-unity event on Saturday, and there are a few gatherings in San Francisco that I've been attending as well. The Bay Area has a ton of hunters, but we're all split up and scattered.

As far as Fanime goes, I was working with a couple people to try and organize a 3DS meet up the Saturday (or Sunday?) of Fanime, so maybe we can all meet up and hunt together. I'll be wearing an Azuros armor set with my Queenblaster bow so I wanted to definitely meet other fellow hunters and grab some guild cards! As far as I know there isn't anything in the works yet though....?

All we'd really need is an extension cord or two and an empty spot in the game room and we'd be set :]
2014 Fanimaid Cafe Staffer
KeikoPin Cosplay

Reyak

Quote from: Keiko on April 23, 2013, 12:33:36 PM
Hello!

I've currently got 60+ hours in, just repelled Ceadeus because I am very slow offline orz I'm only HR 6 too; G Rank is no joke! I attended the Capcom-unity event on Saturday, and there are a few gatherings in San Francisco that I've been attending as well. The Bay Area has a ton of hunters, but we're all split up and scattered.

As far as Fanime goes, I was working with a couple people to try and organize a 3DS meet up the Saturday (or Sunday?) of Fanime, so maybe we can all meet up and hunt together. I'll be wearing an Azuros armor set with my Queenblaster bow so I wanted to definitely meet other fellow hunters and grab some guild cards! As far as I know there isn't anything in the works yet though....?

All we'd really need is an extension cord or two and an empty spot in the game room and we'd be set :]
I think the bolded would be a great idea.
I'm all for it.

Dual Brachydios urgent for HR7 is wrecking me pretty hard
EDIT: FINALLY BEAT IT WITH 36 SECONDS LEFTa

Reyak

In the middle of trying to max out my brachy gunlance and db.

Pallium carve rates forever horrid

Reyak

Unlocked Dire urgent, but dunno how to tackle him solo.
Also managed to grind quite a few brachy palliums. Tending to to find a good lot from the rewards of the G2★ canteen quest

Majima

If there is a meet up then I will be there! Just let me know when! I am more than willing to help other players. A few buddies of mine play too! ^_^

Reyak

Quote from: Majima on May 09, 2013, 12:03:10 PM
If there is a meet up then I will be there! Just let me know when! I am more than willing to help other players. A few buddies of mine play too! ^_^

Same! And i'd be more than willing to donate a surge protector and a couple of chargers to the cause.

Majima

Hunterrific! I can also bring an extra surge protector too if needed! Bwuahaha. The excitement is building up! I hope my DS doesn't blow up from the madness.

Amanojaku

I just started this game for Wii U.  I've only done a hand full of guild quests as I'm having a hard time fitting the game into my schedule.  Perhaps I should pick up the 3DS version to take with me places...
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

Reyak

Quote from: Amanojaku on May 09, 2013, 01:50:03 PM
I just started this game for Wii U.  I've only done a hand full of guild quests as I'm having a hard time fitting the game into my schedule.  Perhaps I should pick up the 3DS version to take with me places...

It definitely does warrant a huge time investment to truly enjoy the game, but if you can somehow manage to find the time, then all the more reason to :)

The 3DS version is great, although i do recommend opting for the XL just for the extra battery life.

same here school been holding me back a bit but having a meet up especially at those downtimes at night would be cool!  I'm only at HR4 and just got to village 9

Amanojaku

Quote from: Reyak on May 09, 2013, 04:53:32 PM

It definitely does warrant a huge time investment to truly enjoy the game, but if you can somehow manage to find the time, then all the more reason to :)

The 3DS version is great, although i do recommend opting for the XL just for the extra battery life.

Yeah, I picked up an XL a few months ago just for the battery life.  It is a little big to always be comfortable in my pocket, but the longer lasting battery made it worth it; the original's battery was just terrible.
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

Reyak

Quote from: Amanojaku on May 10, 2013, 07:56:38 PM
Quote from: Reyak on May 09, 2013, 04:53:32 PM

Yeah, I picked up an XL a few months ago just for the battery life.  It is a little big to always be comfortable in my pocket, but the longer lasting battery made it worth it; the original's battery was just terrible.
I own a regular 3DS right now, but i'm really considering upgrading to the XL.
Was it worth it in your book? (Assuming you owned the original)