Karaoke Library Song Requests- 2013 Edition

Started by Hank-KKD, April 03, 2013, 12:05:08 AM

yoshi4sushi

Memoria by Aoi Eir
Tsukiakari by Rie Fu
Fight Together by Namie Amuro

Scypher

Quote from: SuperSheba on April 28, 2013, 02:21:54 PM
Will ipods and such be allowed in open mic?  They were last year, but I just wanted to check.  It's easier for me to scrounge up karaoke for some songs than to worry about you guys having it or not. :b
Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 02, 2013, 12:51:13 PM
do you know when you might be updating the song lists?
because that'll let me know whether or not i have to find the karaoke version of my songs on my own or i can kinda use urs

Hey all, this is Elliot from Fanime Karaoke --

Yes, your own songs from iPods, CDs, phones, etc. will continue to be allowed! As usual, you'll need to provide your own lyrics if you're providing the music.

Meanwhile, I and the other staff will be uploading songs to the database this week and up til Fanime. I've written down all of the requests in this thread so far, so I'll do my best to get all these songs. I'll update the thread later when I've got things uploaded or if I have trouble finding songs.

Nina Star 9

Hey, Elliot!

Tell everyone I said thanks for all their hard work. That includes you. :) (I'm sure you can figure out which karaoke regular I am by my song requests, heehee~)

princesskitty18

Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Cloud

Quote from: Scypher on May 08, 2013, 10:25:00 PM
Meanwhile, I and the other staff will be uploading songs to the database this week and up til Fanime. I've written down all of the requests in this thread so far, so I'll do my best to get all these songs. I'll update the thread later when I've got things uploaded or if I have trouble finding songs.

Awesome news! I really hope the song I requested gets put into the database :D
Thanks for all your (and the rest of the staff's) hard work!!

Firemage1000

Redemption by Gackt. i may or may not do this as Genesis
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

SuperSheba

If the songs requested don't have to be Japanese, then I'd like to request two Queen songs: Bohemian Rhapsody and Another One Bites the Dust.

Thanks again for your hard work, Hank!  The karaoke room is my favorite part of fanime. <3

AbsolutelyCursed

Jade by X Japan
Spiral by Dustz from Blood-C

Hank-KKD

Quote from: SuperSheba on May 14, 2013, 08:11:35 PM
If the songs requested don't have to be Japanese, then I'd like to request two Queen songs: Bohemian Rhapsody and Another One Bites the Dust.

Thanks again for your hard work, Hank!  The karaoke room is my favorite part of fanime. <3

We have a separate American database that has all the Western popular songs you'd typically find at any decent karaoke place. It is available during Open Mic upon request.

You are far too kind- actually Tommy, Ska, Elliot, and the rest of our amazing crew do most of the hard work. I just answer forum posts...

SuperSheba

Quote from: Hank-KKD on May 15, 2013, 02:47:15 AM
Quote from: SuperSheba on May 14, 2013, 08:11:35 PM

We have a separate American database that has all the Western popular songs you'd typically find at any decent karaoke place. It is available during Open Mic upon request.

You are far too kind- actually Tommy, Ska, Elliot, and the rest of our amazing crew do most of the hard work. I just answer forum posts...

I love all of you guys, really!  I can't wait to hang out in the karaoke room.  :D  Tommy and the others already know I'm excited to see them. :b  It's a shame Val couldn't make it this year, but moving is so crazy, so it's understandable. 

I apologize for not seeing the American database.  I think when I was looking at the site, I looked in the wrong section.  Thanks for letting me know!

ultimatejunmaster

I'm surprised these are not in the list. Has anyone requested these?

Bakuman - Blue Bird by Kobukuro
Deadman Wonderland - One Reason by Dead Man Wonder Band ft Fade 
Hajime no Ippo - Under Star by Shocking Lemon, Yuuzora no Kamihikouki by Mori Naoya
Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger - Hekireki by Last Alliance
Nan-Da-Yo?!

Scypher

Hey again, Karaoke staff here.

I was able to fill nearly all the requests made before my initial post (so, requests before May 8th)! With some exceptions, we've got your songs in there, plus a whole lot more. All in all we've added at least 150 songs for 2013, so look forward to it!

Moogleborg, you asked for the Street Fighter II vocal songs -- unfortunately I can't find those anywhere! Luckily lyrics were not hard to track but only place I've found the songs are Youtube (and sadly, Youtube-to-mp3 rips don't work very well with our karaoke system).

Princesskitty18, I got Miwako Okuda's "Born" in there, but could only find the full version and not the TV ver.

Nina Star 9, (yes, of course I remember who you are XD), I still have to track down those OSTs, lyrics, etc. for the video games (Sonic R, Fatal Frame, Rhythm Heaven) but the rest were taken care of I think! As an aside, that roundabout-introduced me to JiLL-Decoy who sound really awesome and I def need to check out more of them later!

As for the more recent requests, I'll try my best to get those. Anime songs are, in general, much easier to find downloads + accurate lyrics for, so those will probably get in. The J-Rock requests, I'll do what I can.

Official requests will be closing off soon since we need to pack up the system + send the songlist off to print. However, remember that you're always welcome to bring your own songs! (You'll just have to provide your own lyrics & a way to read them, too. -- Keep this in mind if you were thinking of playing a song from your phone but also reading the lyrics... from your phone.)

Nina Star 9

Scypher, I sent you a PM about my song requests, but then I thought of another question, this time about a specific song that is already in the database.

Do you know how different the swing and original versions of Michite yuku kuchibiru by bird are? I would love to sing it, but only know the original version, so I'm just wondering how screwed I would be once I got up there. Trying to determine if it is worth it to track down the swing mix and get familiar with it before the con. If you don't know off the top of your head, that's fine, and I'll just see if I can muddle through the swing mix, haha.

Thanks. :)

princesskitty18

I will see if I can find the tv version and maybe bring it myself.

But thanks!!! :)
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Moogleborg

Maybe you could try this site for the Street Fighter II Vocal tunes. :D

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1465
Running on moé, 24/7/365.