D. Gray-Man Gathering 2013!!!

Started by ININ, April 03, 2013, 05:20:38 PM

ININ

Welcome to the Fanime '13 D. Gray-Man Gathering!  First, the gathering info:

Date:  Day 3, Sun May 26
Time:  4:30pm
Meeting Place:  G8c (Front of Convention Center, Marriott Side by the trees.)
Location:  G8c (Front of Convention Center, Marriott Side by the trees.)

We organized the Fanime '12 gathering last minute thanks to airanimechiic.  Fortunately, the turnout was good.  Everyone had a good time ^__^  Even Cookie Monster appeared as a substitute Akuma XD  Here's a sample pic from last year:  http://innovateinfinitely.com/fanimegatherings/2012/2012/2012fanimedgrayman57.jpg

I volunteer to organize the Fanime '13 gathering.  We organize it early to discuss anything including when we should meet, photo requests, who's cosplaying as what character, and hanging out before and after.  A few of us even attended the Black & White ball.  Obviously, we're already dressed up lol ;)

To start the conversation, I took the initiative to reserve the day, time, and location.  We can change.  I thought I keep it consistent from last year's gathering time =)  The late time can be beneficial to some who cosplay multiple characters for the earlier and bigger gatherings.  I take pics of the gathering, too.

Cosplayers

ININ Allen Walker Ver. 1
TwilightLarryV1 Allen Walker Ver. 3
ShadowYazoo Kanda Training Outfit
ShadowYazoo's friend Lavi
DracoMancer Krory Ver. 2
nillwings Miranda Ver. 2

Photo List

Group shot #1
Individual characters
Black Order
Millennium Earl and Akumas
Male characters
Female characters
Versions 1, 2, 3 uniforms
Reenactments from manga or TV
Action shots
Gag shots lol
Cosplayer requests
Group shot #2

*Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Mirror post at cosplay.comhttp://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=318114

TwilightLarryV1

ININ

Man, that was fast!  Welcome TwlightLarry.  We should play poker lol

TwilightLarryV1

ShadowYazoo

You already know I am going to be Kanda, training outfit version this time xD

With a Lavi in tow :3

ININ

Update #1

*Minor change to title
*Minor changes to first post
*Added more D. Gray–Man cosplayers
*Meeting Place and Location are official!

BSaphire posted a cosplay locations map:  http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/BSaphire/media/GCDLocationsMapFinal.jpg.html  We're G8C. Everyone should have an idea where we meet.  Depending on the size of the turnout, we're likely going to be on the smaller size area under the trees.  Just look for a bunch of black & white cosplays c:

Quote from: ShadowYazoo on April 14, 2013, 06:48:57 PM
You already know I am going to be Kanda, training outfit version this time xD

With a Lavi in tow :3

Got your two covered.  Remind Lavi she's painting my red star :)

ShadowYazoo

She remembers and shall help ^^ you will have the supplies for the star, right?

ININ

Update #2

BSaphire asked organizers to start the photo list.  The list is on the first post.  Feel free to post suggestions ^^

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Quote from: ShadowYazoo on April 26, 2013, 01:19:25 PM
She remembers and shall help ^^ you will have the supplies for the star, right?

Yes  :D  I have paint, brush, spray, and manga for the reference.

ININ

Anyone who wants to attend two gatherings for your D. Gray-Man cosplay, the Shonen Jump gathering is Sun at 3pm located at G6 (The slab at the Hilton side).

I'm 35% likely to attend the gathering.  I haven't finalize my entire Day 3 plans.

DracoMancer

Just replying to the post here like I did for the Fanime one. I was the Krory last year, so I'll be doing Krory again this year Ver.2 of course and my friend nillwings will be doing Miranda Ver.2 with me. Only plans we have Sunday is Black and White Ball, but the gathering is 1 hr and 1/2 before that so it'll be fine 8D Can't wait to see you guys!
"A burrito? That is so pathetic. I WANT A TACO!" -Grimmjow voice actor.

ININ

Update #3

*Added Versions 1, 2, 3 uniforms to the photo list
*Added more cosplayers

@DracoMancer, added you and nillwings to the list.  We end the gathering at a reasonable time for those who want to attend the B&W ball when the doors open :]

ININ

I want to thank all the D. Gray-Man cosplayers who attended the gathering C:  I appreciated everyone being flexible and going with the flow because a few people wanted to attend the B&W ball and the masquerade.  Nobody knew the official time when the doors opened.  Times released were between 4pm-5:30pm *ugh*

I hope everyone had fun and enjoyed being together :)  I didn't realize how time flew.

I'm working on my photos.  I post another reply with the link.  Thanks for being patient ^__^

In the meantime, our official Fanime photographer, Greg Edwards, posted his pics.  Here's the direct link:  http://cosplayphotographer.slickpic.com/a/Sunday4pm7pm?squared.  Mr. Edwards also posted 2012 pics:  http://gregedwards.smugmug.com/Cosplay.  There are two sections at his smugmug.  Thank you Mr. Edwards for taking our pics!

ININ

My D. Gray-Man gathering pics are up.  Please scroll down below the CLAMP gathering pics C:  http://fanimegatherings.innovateinfinitely.com/2013.html  Enjoy!

I want to thank everyone again for coming.  I feared the turnout was low due to events starting earlier than 2012.  The turnout actually was great XD  I admit I sorta rushed.  I wished I had more time for more pics.  It seemed other gatherings experienced time pressure as well >.>

This is my last Fanime.  I ask someone else to organize Fanime '14.  Follow the procedures from BSaphire and everything is going to be okay :)