The OFFICIAL Cosplay Battle Event 2015

Started by Eliteslayer, April 04, 2013, 09:18:23 PM

Eliteslayer

The old thread is pretty far lost, so it's time to start anew! The previous Cosplay Battle events were a blast, and now it's somewhat more official-ish! All are welcome, but those who sign up ahead of time here will have priority in turn order.

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Date: Friday, Saturday Sunday
Time: See Gatherings and Events List for Cosplay Game times.

First of all, let me make one thing clear: even though the name is "Cosplay Battle" there will be absolutely no fighting. I repeat, violence will not be tolerated. If anyone is acting in a manner that threatens the safety of the other event participants, they will be asked to leave.

I had to make that absolutely clear before we begin. Now to explain the event itself.

I saw this done several years back at another convention, and had a great time participating, so I brought it to Fanime. So credit for the idea goes to the people who came up with it, although I don't know who you are or when it started.

The basic idea of the event is a tournament-style matchup of cosplayer vs cosplayer in three-pose battles -- three pictures in which the two look like they're fighting, then a "winner" is determined.

The two competitors come up and act like they're in the middle of a battle, freezing in place for pictures. Once this repeats three times, whoever feels they have "lost" will go down, and the winner is determined. Depending on the amount of participants, we may have the winners move on to later rounds, but that's probably unlikely.

Of course, any characters from any series are welcome. You don't have to be from a fighting series, or even be a character who can fight at all. You can be the tiniest character in a comedy series and still take on a super-powerful fighter and win, as long as the poses are right.

Example: Goku (Dragonball Z) vs Chiyo-chan (Azumanga Daioh)
- Goku begins powering up, while Chiyo kicks him in the knee. Freeze for pictures. (Remember, it can look like Chiyo is kicking Goku, but actually hitting the cosplayer is against the rules.)
- Goku fires a Kamehameha, and Chiyo ducks to avoid it. Freeze for pictures.
- Chiyo and Goku charge for one final attack. Freeze for pictures.
- Chiyo-chan wins! Goku lies defeated. Victory pose.
- Goku and Chiyo thank each other for a good, fun match, and the next competitors come up.

Please post if you are interested in joining, if you have any questions, and what days/times would be best for you.

Signup List (sign up early to get an earlier battle slot)

Friday:
pitin - Wii Fit Trainer
Angelx624 - Ian Yorkland (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)

Saturday:
Lady Lancer - Alice (American McGee's Madness Returns)
obliviousedward - Hanji (Attack on Titan)

Sunday:
Angelx624 - Fem!Rin (Free!) or Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Gaim)
obliviousedward - Hanji (Attack on Titan)
Friends of Eliteslayer - Lan and Chaud (from Megaman Battle Network)
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

I shall definitely try and make it this year!! ;D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

BSaphire

Hey Cospeeps!
Just wanted to let you all know that Eliteslayer has the CGD stamp of approval and we consider this event OFFICIAL! *YEAH!!!

@ Eliteslayer: You need the Fanime Photo Disclaimer on your first post and I will change the old URL on the list and lock that thread

Love and Peace Everybody!
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

Disclaimer has been added. Fanime is getting closer, so here's a reminder for people to sign up so we can get it set up and get a time. Remember, all are welcome!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

If it's on Saturday, I'll most likely be Captain Marvelous from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. :3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

MikanCos

I would love to join in on this!!Depending on what day this will be on!! :)
Fanime Mascot Candy (5 years)
Previously StageZero Performer (Now SZ Staff!)

Eliteslayer

We're likely to do this on both Saturday and Sunday, so those who can't make it one day will still have a chance the other

Hope you can attend 'em!

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Angelx624

So, from looking at the official 2013 gatherings thread, it's gonna be at 10am on Saturday and 5pm on Sunday?

If this is true, I'm afraid I can't make it to the Saturday one(running a panel at that time), but Sunday I should be able to, depending on when the mandatory Masquerade meeting is. ^^;; I'll be Ian Yorkland from Jyuden Sentai Kyoryuger then! :3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

darkbolo

I am interested in this but I have another meet up at noon on SAT any other time should be good

SkylerKarashi

omgzzzz this sounds so cool!!!!!! if possible, i can make both days. saturday as fem lord death from soul eater, and sunday as fem/sexy link from the legend of zelda ocarina of time.

lol, my sunday keeps changing.
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

BabyBlueJeff

I'm going to be the Majini Executioner from Resident Evil. Who can I fight?  :P

Eliteslayer

@BabyBlueJeff: The fights are determined by sign-up order or request, so you can either fight whoever signed up before or after you, or whoever requests to fight you, or whoever's there you request to fight.

Everyone else: Excellent, I look forward to seeing you all there!

Currently, the times are set for 3:30 on Friday, 10 AM on Saturday, and 5 PM on Sunday. If you can't make it to one, there are two more options for you to aim for!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

Ahh, I should be able to make it to the Friday one for sure!! ^^

Though... at that time..... I'll be cosplaying G-Dragon from Big Bang..... ohh this should be interesting. XDD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

SkylerKarashi

huh, i didnt know about the friday one. sadly i wont be able to make that one, but ill still definitely be there for the saturday and sunday ones :3
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Angelx624

Well, after thinking about my Fanime cosplays, I might save G-Dragon for a later con. >_>"

So.... I might end up being Captain Marvelous on Friday during the time of the battle. 8D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Eliteslayer

Fanime is getting closer, so I hope everyone's looking forward to this! Don't forget to drag your friends along to make them fight. Those who haven't signed up are always free to join, but those who do sign up get first dibs.

Hope you can attend 'em!

crystaldefender

I'll most likely attend this-- I assume Saturday is at 10PM and not AM?
I will be attending as Aoi-Tan from Unofficial Super Sentai Akibaranger, and I should have my MMZ-01 for photos.
...Bang!

Eliteslayer

10 AM on Saturday, Friday and Sunday are in the PM. It's a bit early, I know, but what better way to start the day than with acts of faux cosplay violence?

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

Quote from: crystaldefender on May 15, 2013, 03:36:04 PM
I'll most likely attend this-- I assume Saturday is at 10PM and not AM?
I will be attending as Aoi-Tan from Unofficial Super Sentai Akibaranger, and I should have my MMZ-01 for photos.
...Bang!
AKIBARANGER!!! 8DD
But darn it, the one day I can't make it! ;A; We could've had sentai battles. Dx
Oh well. XD

Anyways! I'll be Captain Marvelous from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger for the Friday one, and if I can make it to the Sunday one, I'll be Ian Yorkland from Jyuden Sentai Kyoryuger! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)