The OFFICIAL Cosplay Battle Event 2015

Started by Eliteslayer, April 04, 2013, 09:18:23 PM

Eliteslayer

Got you all on the list, keep 'em coming!
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

obliviousedward

I'm still down to attend on both Saturday and Sunday as Hanji Zoe!
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

bballergerl44

How do I sign up and where is the schedule? I've made my first cosplay, Agunimon and this sounds like fun!

Eliteslayer

The schedule is on the first page, and you can sign up by posting here. We'll also accept people as they show up at the con, but it's easier for me if people sign up ahead of time. You're more than welcome to join us on any and all of the three days it'll be held on.

Hope you can attend 'em!

23rd_Break

A friend and mine are thinking over and going as classic Kyo and Iori.

Although instead of a photo, we want to throw and actual performance [Don't worry, no one is gonna get hurt]
We're gonna practice around day 0, so that we can try and not hurt ourselves either.

EJAY420

Do we fight others? Cause if we do, im in!
Most Impressive.

Angelx624

So, I might have to miss Sunday's, due to a friend doing standup at the Comedy Club panel at the same time. :(

I can try to make it to Saturday's, but we shall see. >< If I can make it for Saturday's count me in as Kaito Kumon from Kamen Rider Gaim.

Definitely gonna be there for Friday's, though! :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Foxberry

Should be there hopefully all three days if not then I'll try to make it  on Saturday. Not sure what will be worn on each day finals just have kept me incredibly busy.

Eliteslayer

23rd_Break: Just let me know before you start. And most people usually get to battle more than once, so you can still get in some regular matches afterwards.

EJAY420: Not actual fights, because that would get me kicked out of the con, but mock fights, like described on the first post.

Angelx624: Alright, thanks for the heads-up.

Foxberry: No worries, whatever you show up as is good for it.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Thank you, everyone who came to this! We had a nice selection of fighters each day, and I hope everyone had a great time. We'll be doing this again next year, so tell your friends and prepare for the next battles, because we need word of mouth to really get people to show up for these.

I took pictures at each battle, which you can find here: https://www.facebook.com/Eliteslayer/media_set?set=a.737356122974121.1073741840.100000992196766&type=1 the album is set to "friends of friends," but if we don't have any mutual friends, comment or message me and I'll add anyone who attended.

Hope you can attend 'em!

SquishyK

I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

obliviousedward

I got pictures of the cosplay battles on Sunday! Sadly I didn't get EVERY "fight," but I believe I caught the majority of them. You can find them among the rest of my Fanime 2014 photos here: https://www.facebook.com/flamingo.hate.marshmallows/media_set?set=a.10152454918085818.1073741826.793435817&type=3

The album should be set to "public," but if there are any issues let me know! And feel free to tag yourselves and those you know if you'd like! (Or let me know and I can tag them for you~)

Thanks for making it a fun con this year, everyone! :D
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

Bump it up! We can start online sign-ups, though honestly, it all turns out to be "whoever volunteers first" at the event anyways. But yes, post here to let us know you're interested!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

Since I didn't make it last year, I'll make it to this year's!!

Should be able to make Sunday's. Going from the times in the gathering/events list, it'll be 1pm and 4pm on Sunday? I should be able to make the 4pm one. Might be dragging a group along with me, too. The more the merrier, right?

Anyway, I'll be Mink from Dramatical Murder at that time, and I'll have a DMMD group with me. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Eliteslayer

The Sunday one will probably be at 1, with Clue or Chess at 4, but they're also games worth going to!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Angelx624

Ah, I see. They have them all listed into one thing for each time so I wasn't exactly sure. Either way we could check them out.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Eliteslayer

Day Zero is almost upon us! So it looks like the Saturday battles will be at 5, and the Sunday battles will be at 1. Friday will be at either 1 or 3, but there'll be Cosplay Chess or Clue if it's not. So no matter when you go to the cosplay games, there'll be fun to be had!

Hope you can attend 'em!

Eliteslayer

Big thanks to everyone who made it to the Cosplay Battles! Turnout varied from day to day, but I hope all of you had a great time. I got pictures of each day, although they're not the highest quality, but if anyone else got pics, feel free to post them too! https://www.facebook.com/Eliteslayer/media_set?set=a.933132850063113.1073741858.100000992196766&type=3

Hope you can attend 'em!