Artist Alley Registration Information!

Started by M, April 05, 2013, 06:12:05 PM

LiL Moon

Looks like the tables are going to start getting approved soon. I just got an email from the staff to make sure that my crafts will adhere to they rules. As long as I understand and comply with the rules, it said I can move on with registration. I can't wait!

Hachimitsu

Quote from: LiL Moon on April 17, 2013, 01:10:00 AM
Looks like the tables are going to start getting approved soon. I just got an email from the staff to make sure that my crafts will adhere to they rules. As long as I understand and comply with the rules, it said I can move on with registration. I can't wait!

actually i havent received any messages from AAAdmin. I did got the preliminary approve but I don't know what that means in general.

(email from the staff to make sure that my crafts will adhere to they rules)  <= forgive me for saying this but, what crafts were you selling?

LiL Moon

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on April 17, 2013, 01:28:51 AM
Quote from: LiL Moon on April 17, 2013, 01:10:00 AM

actually i havent received any messages from AAAdmin. I did got the preliminary approve but I don't know what that means in general.

(email from the staff to make sure that my crafts will adhere to they rules)  <= forgive me for saying this but, what crafts were you selling?

Relax, it's ok if you don't receive the same email. It's just because my portfolio has a lot of plushies made from anime/cartoon characters. As stated in the rules, you can't sell plushies of characters that already have official plushies made. So they just wanted to email me to make sure I won't sell anything like that. Most of the crafts I sell at cons are originals, but I always forget to take photos of them so I have more fan plushies than originals on my website.

chibimonster

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on April 17, 2013, 01:28:51 AM

The Artist alley staff don't really contact you unless 1. there's an issue of some sort, 2. They need to remind you to do something, or 3. You contact them first. They wouldn't email people for no reason; they already have too much to to.

@Lil' moon: You were the OP from the thread last year about plushies and copyrights that turned into a huge debate about fanart in general, right? That is one thread that I would want never to relive.

Also yay about table approvals! :D I hope they'll push back the payment deadline though. April 19 is cutting it a little close.

SquishyK

I assume this part of the online AA agreement is a typo and we are still in South Hall? "Event Space: Exhibit Hall #1, 150 West San Carlos Blvd, San Jose, CA 95118"
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

chibimonster

Quote from: pitin on April 17, 2013, 10:16:13 AM
I assume this part of the online AA agreement is a typo and we are still in South Hall? "Event Space: Exhibit Hall #1, 150 West San Carlos Blvd, San Jose, CA 95118"

Yeah, that's a typo. Exhibit hall 1 is where we were last year.

unicorn_lord

nou-e

chibimonster

Quote from: nou-e on April 17, 2013, 12:38:35 PM
Just to let you guys know, I've been approved. My ID is 4076 and I made the account within 3 min and activated within 6min =)

Yay!! It shouldn't be too long before I'm confirmed then! Number 168, made within 4 min, submitted before 5.

LiL Moon

Yeah! I've been approved as well. My account is #4086.

@chibimonster Yeah, I haven't forgotten and I have no intention of debating it this year. I just wanted there to be a set understanding for fanart. Now the staff have set an official rule. So as long as it's in place, I will follow it.

chibimonster

Quote from: LiL Moon on April 17, 2013, 08:07:56 PM
Yeah! I've been approved as well. My account is #4086.

@chibimonster Yeah, I haven't forgotten and I have no intention of debating it this year. I just wanted there to be a set understanding for fanart. Now the staff have set an official rule. So as long as it's in place, I will follow it.

I was worried that the debate would have caused the staff to resort to a 50/50 rule like Otakon. UGH. I would not have wanted to deal with that. I like how the staff has made their policy clearer, but I'm confused about the mention of pins. Are pins and buttons lumped into the same category, or are buttons treated differently than pins? I guess I'll find out if there are any issues when they review my portfolio...

chibimonster

Sorry for the double post, everyone. I just wanted to let you know tht I'm number 168 and I just got confirmed. They sent me an email along with my confirmation telling me to try to take care of payments and such within a week. Looks like they're being flexible, so don't worry that April 19 is tomorrow.

Xyterra3

Well my number is 4505.  :'(
Guess I'm out. That would make it 3 years in a row with no table.  :'(
It's good to know that there are more fans coming to the Con and AA but
just stings a little that my luck has turned worse than a lottery scratcher.
Just have to try again next year.

VocaloidHaine

Just to make sure, we only need to provide the seller permit number on the day of the con--but it would make it a little easier on AA staffs if we provided it earlier? Finally got to step 7! That's the end-end right?

chibimonster

Quote from: VocaloidHaine on April 21, 2013, 12:41:30 PM
Just to make sure, we only need to provide the seller permit number on the day of the con--but it would make it a little easier on AA staffs if we provided it earlier? Finally got to step 7! That's the end-end right?

They do tend to base some seating on timeliness of completing your account stuff, and putting in your seller's permit probably earns you some brownie points with staff. I would get it ASAP and put it in just so that you get it out of the way before the con.

VocaloidHaine

Oh alright! Thank you for replying!! ^^b

unicorn_lord

Question, how long do I have to pay? The FAQ said by the 19th, but I recieved confirmation of table on the 21th.

It says one week, but that may be pre-programmed replied, so I just wanted clarification.

Hachimitsu

Quote from: unicorn_lord on April 22, 2013, 03:58:59 PM
Question, how long do I have to pay? The FAQ said by the 19th, but I recieved confirmation of table on the 21th.

It says one week, but that may be pre-programmed replied, so I just wanted clarification.

all I know is that I have til the tenth of May to actually find a second artist by my side....

chibimonster

Quote from: unicorn_lord on April 22, 2013, 03:58:59 PM

On facebook people were saying we had 2 days to pay.

Sen

Yes. Two days to pay.

Also we have announced a special registration pick up line for Artists in Artist Alley. Follow the link for more information.
http://www.fanime.com/2013/04/19/p/fanimecon-2013-special-registration-badge-pick-up-procedure/
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07