Let's get married at Fanime!

Started by NancyJade, April 06, 2013, 03:47:38 AM

Quote from: NancyJade on April 22, 2013, 12:57:00 PM
Hey lovelies :)

Those who already joined the FB event, AWESOME!

I just wanted to update here that I choose Sunday of Fanime for this because that's when the Black and White Ball will be, so we can be all fancy for that! LOL It's going to be at 6pm...so I'm not sure when a good time to get married would be? Let's decide.

<333

i suggest 4 pm randomly. 0-0

NancyJade

i think we're going for 5pm so that after pictures and what not people can head over to the Black and White Ball....but still thinking!

princesskitty18

as a staffer for black and white ball
i suggest making it earlier
ball starts at 6 and from previous knowledge of being part of staff as well as being a participant of black and white ball, ppl start lining up early
so i also suggest 4
:)
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

NancyJade

You know that's what I was thinking too, but coming a little bit late never hurt. From my experience, people wait in the line, come in, and then leave.

The thing is girls like to look fresh and a couple hours in their make-up and hair might already start to go, and that's on top of however long they plan to be at the ball.

But, yeah. 4pm is probably a good time. I'm just going to aim for 4-5pm.

echoshadow

Quote from: NancyJade on April 22, 2013, 12:57:00 PM
Hey lovelies :)

Those who already joined the FB event, AWESOME!

I just wanted to update here that I choose Sunday of Fanime for this because that's when the Black and White Ball will be, so we can be all fancy for that! LOL It's going to be at 6pm...so I'm not sure when a good time to get married would be? Let's decide.

<333
Great idea.  Why not make it at 6:00? That way we can do what we need to do and the just head on over to the ball. I really don't want to wait inline that much and I always like to be fashionably late. Also you can count me in as a modestly dressed groom if its not taken yet ;)
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

NancyJade

Ah what to do now, should we just make it between 4-6pm? But that would prolly mean fluxes of people ::rolls:: LOL should we stick to 5 and let it go on to 6pm and then head over to the ball?

As of now...there's no no groom yet...but lol girls like to be difficult so there seems to be some kind of confirmation with bridemaids on the day of to qualify....bc you know...we're crazy like that :D

echoshadow

Well just how many people do think are going to show up? And how long will it take to take pics and the general meet up?

I guess 5-6:00 could work, and yes I know how crazy bride maids can be.

NancyJade

Quote from: echoshadow on April 23, 2013, 02:39:57 AM
Well just how many people do think are going to show up? And how long will it take to take pics and the general meet up?

I guess 5-6:00 could work, and yes I know how crazy bride maids can be.

Remember to join the Fb event if you haven't already. I have no idea who's who haha

Um....I'm expecting like 15...for now....but I am determined to promote this to the max at fanime with the promise of (undisclosed content). LOL jk. In general I think people being already dressed up for the Ball would be interested in taking pics and just having fun with this whole marriage thing. Also, I am also contemplating the idea of mercilessly harassing one of the announcers to make an announcement for us (by harass I mean ask nicely).

echoshadow

Ah, I guess I should join fb event then.
LOL makes me wonder what such undesclosed content might be? As long as theres not a huge flash mob I'm ok.

Just remember the total number of people that say that are showing up, expect half that number to actually show up.

NancyJade

No nothing, serious, just like human sacrifices you know? Them virgins

hehehehe

echoshadow

NancyJade

I have no idea what I'm saying anymore.

I just wrote 50 pgs. My brain is gone....mostly from half listening to The Lonely Island's hour long podcast.

LOL

Time for cake.

echoshadow

Sure.... blame it on the music and the 3 am post after finishing an essay.

Well quick question. Tie or Bow tie? I never could deside on which.

tinyhotdog

I'll have to say I'm a maybe with this meet up since I'm only planning on attending Saturday. Though I'm going to the 21+ meet and greet and would be happy to chat it up with any of you :)

But I'll keep checking in to see the updates!

NancyJade

Quote from: echoshadow on April 23, 2013, 04:19:20 AM
Sure.... blame it on the music and the 3 am post after finishing an essay.

Well quick question. Tie or Bow tie? I never could deside on which.

Well a lot of people go with a tie because a bow tie may look childish, but if you like how you look then it's going to look great regardless. I regularly switch between my ties and bow ties.

:)

NancyJade

Quote from: tinyhotdog on April 23, 2013, 02:41:00 PM
I'll have to say I'm a maybe with this meet up since I'm only planning on attending Saturday. Though I'm going to the 21+ meet and greet and would be happy to chat it up with any of you :)

But I'll keep checking in to see the updates!

Meow if I'm not working I'll drop by!

echoshadow

Signed up on the fb page yesterday. Its like the first time I used fb this year, still haven't updated my profile pic, and other stuff.

Are you working as staff, or like real job working?

NancyJade

Both?

I'm staffing, which is like a real job. But I'm also seeing patients at Stanford.

echoshadow

Oh? Staffing pays you money? I thought it just waved the badge fee and the rest was from the goodness of your heart.

NancyJade

Staffers are different than volunteers (but yes we don't get paid). For volunteers, you buy your own badge, wait in the never-ending line for your badge ( I hate lines....), get a volunteer sticker, work however many hours, and your badge gets waived.

Staff have a different set of badges and lanyard. I like it because you get to be involved in the coordinating work and what not, while volunteers tend to just be the door people or get the more mundane jobs. I happy I was invited to join staff.

Besides the coordinating work, and oddly getting my picture taken even though I'm not cosplaying, I don't actually do much else at Fanime. No that's a lie. I always end up buying random stuff I don't need lol. But they're so adorable! That and I'm an insomniac so it gives me something to do in the middle of the night.

I'm a human/vampire hybrid. Whee!