Let's get married at Fanime!

Started by NancyJade, April 06, 2013, 03:47:38 AM

echoshadow

Ah......I see...so its not a job...since you don't paid ;)
High five for a fellow insomniac, ever see the times I post? And thanks for staffing, because other wise I would had to do it  8)

So as not to completly de-rail the orginal topic...what should we do for the mock wedding? Random poses, group shots, arson, causing a roit, etc.. you know typical kind of stuff.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

NancyJade

LOL

Um...Well it's quite unorganized being that it's a bit last minute and I'm too busy to put in more concrete detail.

Sooooo...I am going to go with we're just posing like we're crazy ppl. Hahaha

I was hoping to do like a fun challenge thing, like mmorpg where you collect things or what not to complete a mission...buuutttt that seems unlikely now. Therefore, it will have to resort to a free for all/kidnapping of those who catch your eye as marriage material. Well...that escalated quickly hahah.

So yeah just pics for now, pair offs for couples also. Some sort of line up to look like a wedding, and then just group pics. Gotta hunt down them photographers! I'm also going to scout out someone cool to be the marriage celebrant. It's a shame we don't have more people for this.

I'm so ready to go around telling everyone I'm an escaped bride :D Push some guy off his motorcycle and escape!!!!!

Oh man, if I had an Arashi and could find a Caroline and George it would be such an awesome Paradise Kiss wedding! Bleh

echoshadow

As long as said kidnappings are voluntary it should be fine....I think, don't quote me on that.
If I recall the ending of Paradise Kiss was not a happy one, Caroline and George never got together..well they did but..not at the end. Oh yeah I forgot to say "spoiler alert."

Anyways what ever happens it would be a nice way to kill some time till the b&w ball. Well at lest for me anyway.

NancyJade

Quote from: echoshadow on April 29, 2013, 12:15:11 AM
As long as said kidnappings are voluntary it should be fine....I think, don't quote me on that.
If I recall the ending of Paradise Kiss was not a happy one, Caroline and George never got together..well they did but..not at the end. Oh yeah I forgot to say "spoiler alert."

Anyways what ever happens it would be a nice way to kill some time till the b&w ball. Well at lest for me anyway.

Ah!!! Ok this is my 3rd time typing this. The forum is refusing to let me post.

Shorter/less happy version of what I previously wrote:

-SPOILER ALERT- In the Paradise Kiss movie, Caroline and George end up together a little ways down from where the original storyline ends. Reunited via Caroline breaking into George's NY apt. The unsatisfied little girl in me from reading the manga and watching the anime loved it. I know the manga/anime's version is more mature and depicts how everyone grows up and moves on, but the girl in me was like Yes!

echoshadow

There's a movie?
:o
....and fyi I'm not much of a manga fan....ok I don't read manga, well I did read one 2 years ago. I'm more of an anime connoisseur.

again not to completely de-rail the thread again...  would there be any more people in a wedding gown?

NancyJade

I haven't really read manga since high school....I'm more of a classics literature....or just a books with lots of word person.

I have no idea what people will be wearing, so I'l leave other members to answer that one.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: NancyJade on April 29, 2013, 02:13:46 AM
I haven't really read manga since high school....I'm more of a classics literature....or just a books with lots of word person.

I have no idea what people will be wearing, so I'l leave other members to answer that one.
Mainstream manga can be found at bookstores like Barnes N Noble. Or online. Or Forums

Wearing atcon? Whatever happens-happens. During this particular meetup? I'm assuming something wedding/formal-like...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

NancyJade

Yes, I'm quite aware of where to obtain manga if need be, mainstream or not as I tend to spend a lot of time in bookstores (or online). It's not a matter of finding it, it's just that I prefer novels over graphic novels. Not quite sure why you posted that, but thank you regardless.

And, as has been mentioned, it's a meet up right before the B&W ball, so it's implied that it'll range from formal to semi-formal according to whatever people are already wearing for the ball.

I'll just give you my guess at the stats: probably not many people will be in a wedding gowns. So far, I'm going to say only one. But I wouldn't be surprised by white dresses and an array of knee length cocktail dresses. I imagine those in military outfit cosplays or butler ones will continue to wear those for the ball, if not then dress pants, dress shirt, dress shoes, and tie/bow-tie. Pushing more semi-formal would be slacks, a button up shirt, maybe a tie, and a pair of nice shoes.

Meet ups are for fun. Don't need to over think anything. We'll still love you even if you show up in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, although they prolly will not let you into the ball...LOL

echoshadow

In related news I just got done with my fitting for my tux. Seems like I gained a half inch on my waist. :( but could be water weight as steemstress kindly put it.

Still not sure if the bow tie is going to work out. Got to find nice shiny shoes. I can't remember the last time I had to buy dress shoes....oh wait, it was 4 years ago. This time I'll keep in mind to look for a shoe that can be easy to dance with...and that has a steel toe. ;) them newbies like to stomp.

NancyJade

Quote from: echoshadow on April 30, 2013, 02:39:55 AM
In related news I just got done with my fitting for my tux. Seems like I gained a half inch on my waist. :( but could be water weight as steemstress kindly put it.

Still not sure if the bow tie is going to work out. Got to find nice shiny shoes. I can't remember the last time I had to buy dress shoes....oh wait, it was 4 years ago. This time I'll keep in mind to look for a shoe that can be easy to dance with...and that has a steel toe. ;) them newbies like to stomp.

Lol nice. My dance partner is traveling Europe right now, but even if he was in Cali he prolly wouldn't go with me haha. Well, we actually haven't competed for god knows how long, but I still consider him my partner :) We could almost be twins because we were born in the same hospital a few hours apart....except I'm short and he's a 6'2 athletic monster @_@

So, I think we should meet infront of the Convention center since it'll be easy to spot

echoshadow

Sounds like he's not interested in (dancing with) you anymore :p

The meet up location is fine, I guess if its too cold outside we could just go right inside. Hopfully the weather would be nice and warm.

NancyJade

Quote from: echoshadow on May 01, 2013, 06:48:53 AM
Sounds like he's not interested in (dancing with) you anymore :p

The meet up location is fine, I guess if its too cold outside we could just go right inside. Hopfully the weather would be nice and warm.

Yea...that must explain why he's sent me an e-mail everyday that he's been gone, and calls at least 5 days a week on a normal bases. Besties!!

But no, it's just because he's not fond of Fanime. That, and the first (and last) Fanime Ball we went to, he was so horrified at what he saw that we left right away. He's a merciless critic.

We still go to the Viennese Ball every year though with other dance couples. I absolutely love that Ball, and feel so happy that I was invited to organize something so amazing.

::rolls::

echoshadow

You make it sound like he's more of a problem than anything else. Oh wells sucks to be him?

Viennese Ball sounds intersting, never heard of it till you mentioned it. I'll have to check it out next year. That is if nothing else is planed.

NancyJade

Quote from: echoshadow on May 02, 2013, 02:24:37 AM
You make it sound like he's more of a problem than anything else. Oh wells sucks to be him?

Viennese Ball sounds intersting, never heard of it till you mentioned it. I'll have to check it out next year. That is if nothing else is planed.

Well, it's a Stanford Ball, so typical only Stanford students and staff attend, as well as dance competitors.

But, if anything feel free to check it out if you're into social dance/ballroom.

It's $65 for the general public.

Oh, and I love Rin very, very much. He just has incredibly high standards, which makes flaws jarringly obvious. But in return, everything he's done is perfect, or at least near perfect...like his cooking. I like the competition :) He'll never land a plane as smoothly as I do tho!!! Muahahaha

Getting back to topic, hopefully everyone has joined the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/316260325168713/?fref=ts

Discussions and announcements will all be happening on that page. Occasionally, I will repost new information in this thread.

:)

Avairrianna

I really wanted to get really married at Fanime this year...I still might... Fiancé probably doesn't want to marry me as Pinkie Pie though...

Maybe next year ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

NancyJade

Quote from: Avairrianna on May 02, 2013, 12:37:58 PM
I really wanted to get really married at Fanime this year...I still might... Fiancé probably doesn't want to marry me as Pinkie Pie though...

Maybe next year ^^

lol cute

echoshadow

Quote from: Avairrianna on May 02, 2013, 12:37:58 PM

Maybe next year ^^
You can always change into a dress or an very elegant pinky pie. Congrats on your engagement ;)

Quote from: NancyJade on May 02, 2013, 09:49:19 AM
Getting back to topic...
Ok.....  :-X

You kind of started the derailment anyway...

princesskitty18

Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

athenaookami

xD sounds like fun I joined your fb group
~~ simply crazy x_X~

NancyJade

Meow Sorries you guys, things didn't go as planned....and I just had no idea if anyone was still going because noone responded, but I did dress up regardless lol I hope everyone had an awesome time at Fanime!!!! <3