Let's get married at Fanime!

Started by NancyJade, April 06, 2013, 03:47:38 AM

NancyJade

Meow I don't think we ever said anything about requesting a panel room as panels tend to be in speaker and audience form. But that does sound awfully cute, if we were to dedicate all the time and money for decorations and what not. We did mention a booth, and booth locations are configured by Con, not by selection. It's kind of tricky as it seems to be something that may fit in better in the Artist Alley than in Dealer's Hall, and perhaps maybe better in the walkway through Con hahaha. Meow maybe the Gaming Hall, bring some romance to that room!

::rolls:: I'm purely motivated by fun and spontaneity, but I know that might not be everyone's style. For reference: I was the head coordinator of a Ren Faire, had about 1000 attendee, and 80% of attendees paid for the marriage booth (some several times, some to numerous people at once lol). It's a quirky idea. Yes, like a kissing booth. Kind of reminds me of lemonade stands from my childhood ^_^

With Fanime, there are more people, which may mean more interested parties, however bc Fanime is bigger, there's also more attractions. A marriage booth can get lost in the background if location is poor T_T

But who can not notice wedding music, bells, white fluffiness, and happiness, even in a dark corner? LOL

Meow for those fellow Forever Alone-ians, you guys can opt for the stand-in bride. And just to be fair I'll rope in a dashing groom also.

Oh man....what are we doing?

<3

echoshadow

I guess I'm the only that understood what you ment...
You want a simple photo booth, kind of the old black and white wild west/1920's found at state fairs.
That kind of booth does need to have it's proper place.

Sounds like a fun idea, but if you have the clothing for it. Other wise it wouldn't work out too well. I dont think anyone would want to stand there all day as a stand-in bride or groom for thoes lone dudes/gals.

Oh the thing that made me laugh hard was the sudden interest as soon as you posted your pic. LOL
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

NancyJade

Quote from: echoshadow on May 30, 2013, 06:08:15 AM
I guess I'm the only that understood what you ment...
You want a simple photo booth, kind of the old black and white wild west/1920's found at state fairs.
That kind of booth does need to have it's proper place.

Sounds like a fun idea, but if you have the clothing for it. Other wise it wouldn't work out too well. I dont think anyone would want to stand there all day as a stand-in bride or groom for thoes lone dudes/gals.

Oh the thing that made me laugh hard was the sudden interest as soon as you posted your pic. LOL

LOL I'm sure there's nothing special about my pic to garner interest.

The stand-in idea is a bit sketchy isn't it? But! I do already have the dress, and it would be more like a few hours and not an entire day. And honestly.....cosplay outfits are so much more awesome then wedding attire!!! I want to marry a Gundam! Or...any hot female characters.....hehehehe

::rolls::Well FanimeCon 2014 is still quite some time away. Maybe next yr we'll all get to see each other, for reals this time! Meow Meow Meow!