Food Stands on Concourse Question

Started by Tsu, April 06, 2013, 08:59:14 PM

Tsu

I dunno if this is the right section, but... do the food vendors on the concourse (not the convention center fare but like the boba place, psycho donuts, the ramen stand, last year's tai-yaki) and even the flying hands massage guy... do they rent that space via Fanime/ARG, or the con center itself? Just curious.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Ecchi ja Nai

Dunno the answer to your specific question - I believe it's through the convention center, though - but it won't matter as far as the chibi taiyaki is concerned.  Sweet Breams closed rather suddenly and unexpectedly earlier this year.  A real shame, too, as they were very unique in a downtown full of restaurants and markets, Japanese or otherwise.  There are only a handful of dedicated dessert/snack places here in San Mateo, and I really enjoyed their versions of taiyaki.

Wonder what the owner is up to, if she's continuing on somewhere else or if she's moved on to other ventures.

M

These vendors work directly with the San Jose Convention Center and we (FanimeCon) work with them on who to get. If you have questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try my best to answer.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!