2013 "Tales of" Series Gathering!

Started by Kell-chan, April 14, 2013, 11:50:07 AM

Kell-chan

Quote from: angelXboy on April 18, 2013, 06:42:30 PM
Oh god that is soooo early D:

Ahh, too early to hang out with us awesome folks? I can adjust the time to 10:30 if that's better. Should still give us time to canoodle before the Abyss group's panel, and keep it early enough to avoid competition for this time slot from other gatherings.

Either that, or we throw out the morning slot altogether and go for something later in the afternoon/early evening, like 5 PM. I have no idea if that works better for most, however.

angelXboy

Lol yeah it's just that I come from Fremont which is like just half an hour away(so there is no point in me staying at a hotel). Also taking into the account I have to wake up even earlier to get ready and stuff.

Haunterluvcookies

I like earlier better for the gathering.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

angelXboy

I'll find a way to get there on time.

Jets

I'm the same Jets from cosplay.com
But anyways, 10am should be good for me as long as I'm not too tired and lazy. But it's more of me being a slowpoke with getting ready in general.

Kell-chan

Quote from: Jets on April 22, 2013, 11:15:20 PM
I'm the same Jets from cosplay.com
But anyways, 10am should be good for me as long as I'm not too tired and lazy. But it's more of me being a slowpoke with getting ready in general.

Oh me too, although my Decus is notorious for being difficult to wake up. Haha. I'll just beat him with a pillow until he gets up. XD

Mick C

I'll have Yuri Lowell and my girlfriend as Judith from Tales of Vesperia, but I'm not 100% sure we won't have prior commitments keeping us from attending gatherings.  But we'll try for it!

Kell-chan

Updated! Hopefully you guys can make it! :)

angelXboy

If Celine is going to do Asbel, I'll gladly switch to Jude since no one else is doing it yet.

Haunterluvcookies

They put a tentative list of the gatherings and there times. I didn't see the Tales gathering, does anyone know time and date yet? Thanks :D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Kell-chan

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on April 30, 2013, 12:44:38 AM
They put a tentative list of the gatherings and there times. I didn't see the Tales gathering, does anyone know time and date yet? Thanks :D

I have to submit a confirmation, but I thought it didn't open until May 2nd. I'm checking now and I'll post when I have news.

EDIT: I've submitted the time slot. I'll post again when I hear back.

midori

Hi ^^
This is the first time I will be attending Fanime and I am glad there are so many tales of fans here also.

I just came to the US so everything here is still new for me.

I will definitely come to the gathering on Saturday.
I will be cosplaying as Milla Maxwell From TOX

Here's a picture of me as Milla ^^, hope to see everyone there.

http://image.worldcosplay.net/uploads/24860/1aea9b47e510b4dd53479166881f318b29d275dc-740.jpg

Kell-chan

You're an amazing Milla! You've been added to the list! :)

Scarletflare

Ah great so there IS an official Tales meet up. I will be cosplaying as Luke and my friend will be there as Tear for sure.

Because we didn't know about this meeting up until today Tear is hosting a secondary meetup on sunday at 1:30 (left of the main entrance under the trees) for a cosplay picnic if anyone else wants more Tales.

Lowell P

Hi there~ I'll be coming as Sophie from ToG ~(=w=~) Oh, but I also have my ToV school uniform for my Yuri cosplay so Im not sure what to pick D:

Kell-chan

Awesome! Everyone has been updated!

PurePlummet

Quote from: Scarletflare on May 08, 2013, 09:03:18 PM
Ah great so there IS an official Tales meet up. I will be cosplaying as Luke and my friend will be there as Tear for sure.

Because we didn't know about this meeting up until today Tear is hosting a secondary meetup on sunday at 1:30 (left of the main entrance under the trees) for a cosplay picnic if anyone else wants more Tales.

Oh my gosh more Abyss cosplayers how exciting! All we need is a Jade now and we'll have all the playable characters! And I think I'd definitely like to drop by for the cosplay picnic if that's still happening :) Where can we find more info?

Also on the topic of additional meetups, there will also be a gathering hosted by American Cosplay Paradise at the Toys Logic Booth at 2PM:
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/events.php?eid=153

Is anyone planning on going to that one as well?
Cosplay Pics ---> +LimitlessEdge+

Kell-chan

Oh, my group might swing by there if we don't have anything else going on. :)

xac

The Tales picnic sounds like fun! I'll probably be going as Guy to one and Will from Legendia to the other.

Any other Legendia cosplayers out there?

TwistedFayt

I might go as Lloyd from Symphonia if I don't sell my cosplay beforehand online or at the swap meet... Kinda doing a closet cleaning right now and selling all of my cosplays to afford rent. If I do sell him, I may just go as Hermana from Tales of Innocence.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
The Bride class - Fire Emblem Awakening
Morgan - Fire Emblem Awakening
A full fursuit of my fursona Fayt
A full fursuit of my other character Shyla