Artist Alley venue information: South Hall

Started by beanclam, April 19, 2013, 01:25:20 AM

Alejandro Cuba

There's actually already been a fair bit of talk about this over in the Live Events.  What's happening is this year, Artist Alley is going to be in an area called South Hall which was a temporary expansion put up by San Jose some years ago that is yet to be replaced with something more permanent.  It's right behind the convention center proper just across the street from the entrance to the underground parking garage. 

- The blue tent labeled South Hall is where Artist Alley and another as of yet unknown event will be held.

- The Convention Center has doors that exit between the Marriott and the Parking Garage Entrance which should make for a short and easy commute from inside the Convention Center to South Hall.

- Registration is in the Fairmont which is to the right of the upper section of the park.  It can be seen fairly well in the second map provided below.

- The Civic Center is where Masquerade has been for as long as I've been going. It can be seen directly across the street from the courtyard and is behind the Marriott in the map above but is quite clear in the second map below.  The line for events there frequently stretches past The Tech Museum.

- The building labeled as construction was the old library that is being converted to an expansion for the con center.  Depending on the stage, construction may still spill over into the courtyard space.

- The 360 Towers are labeled simply as a land mark, though there was a Subway shop there last I checked.

- The St. Claire hotel is not part of the 360 building.  It is just steps north of the 360 Towers and across from the Marriott.

- The Fairmont is visible in this image above.  It has the main building and a tower next to it which is connected by an upper walkway above a breeze way that runs between the two structures.  In the breeze way are a few pricy eats and a nice little bakery. 

- Johnny Rockets is through the Fairmont breeze way and across the small street.  There are several other inexpensive eateries in that area.

- I have also noted the McD's in this one since it is the other end of the great congoer/cosplayer food migration.

I think that's about everything labeled that might need noting. Feel free to comment if you think I may have left out something or want clarification!

Haunterluvcookies

Okay so i to just found this out. I am very late to this party. 8) What is the old Artists Alley hall going to he used for?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Sen

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on April 30, 2013, 09:24:01 AM
Okay so i to just found this out. I am very late to this party. 8) What is the old Artists Alley hall going to he used for?

Swap Meet on Thursday and Friday night, food vendors, and something kinda new and fun!  ;)
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Sen on April 30, 2013, 11:17:28 AM

Swap Meet on Thursday and Friday night, food vendors, and something kinda new and fun!  ;)

And the gaming?

TupacTheRobot

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on April 30, 2013, 02:51:55 PM
Quote from: Sen on April 30, 2013, 11:17:28 AM

And the gaming?

The gaming is still the same as it's always been, god fanime forums did you guys just get back from the early 00's

Hachimitsu

If there is onething I learned, it's that fanime hates rumors.

jemz

@Alejandro Cuba - Just a quick correction on the second map. The building you have labeled as the Montgomery Theatre is actually the San Jose Civic. This is where the Cosplay Spectacular and MusicFest are held at. The Montgomery Theatre is a much smaller venue sandwiched in between the SJ Civic and The Tech Museum on Market Street.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Alejandro Cuba

Quote from: jemz on May 01, 2013, 10:45:45 AM
@Alejandro Cuba - Just a quick correction on the second map. The building you have labeled as the Montgomery Theatre is actually the San Jose Civic. This is where the Cosplay Spectacular and MusicFest are held at. The Montgomery Theatre is a much smaller venue sandwiched in between the SJ Civic and The Tech Museum on Market Street.

Ah!  Thank you.  As I'd said, I wasn't certain that I had that venue correctly labeled.  I'll be sure to update the map and the notes.